:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Might want to hit them with a leather conditioner just to keep the coat looking good
As far as storing them, you don't have to worry about nature doing anything to the leather, only worry is midsole yellowing but that's fixable.
Repped! So water repellent on top of leather conditioner is ok to use or will leather conditioner itself do the trick?

Repped! So water repellent on top of leather conditioner is ok to use or will leather conditioner itself do the trick?
The leather conditioner will give the old leather some life again. Water repellent shouldn't be necessary if you're not wearing them in damp, rainy conditions, but that's up to you to decide.

The leather conditioner will give the old leather some life again. Water repellent shouldn't be necessary if you're not wearing them in damp, rainy conditions, but that's up to you to decide.
Alright... I might use some water repellent just to protect the shoes from spills and such. I just thought they might be harsh to be put on for the old leather.

Signed 1989 Air Jordan White Cement IV Midsole swapped:

Everything that I've done until now is proof that you can turn your passion into a successful business. Never in my life would I have thought to repair an original Air Jordan signed by the GOAT himself. They are also a size 13 (which is his size).
They may or may not be his game worn pair but for someone to give me the dual signed pair to repair is still unbelievable. 

I struggled to acquire the proper dimensions of the original sole because the faux leather is too brittle. I had to perform intricate measurements and calculations to ensure the fitment will be just right. 

Matching the paint color of the cement grey and the oxidized leather was a bit of a challenge in itself. Finally, after the long process of making sure the 2006 donors fit accordingly to the 1989 soles, the project is finished.

For inquiries on restorations and sole swaps please email me:

manalorestorations@gmail.com

Follow me on IG: @johnandrew00
@Air Legends

Someone told me they know someone that used windex and peroxide mixed to unyellow clear soles. Anyone ever hear of that?

Last edited:
Someone told me they know someone that used windex and peroxide mixed to unyellow clear soles. Anyone ever hear of that?
just use salon care 40 like everyone else. doesn't matter what you use the method is still the same. whatever is easier for you to use go with that.

is there any place that sells reflective paint? been googling and searching but I can't find anything

Krylon makes spray paint cans but they suck. If you want to make a reflective paint you will need to find Retro reflective Microspheres (they basically glass beads that are so fine that they feel like powder) and mix them in with the paint.

Last edited:
I need help y'all!!!! I broke out my 18s after years on ice and look what happened....any help on saving these is appreciated #WearYourKicks

might want to detach the sole before gluing. once they start to separate like that it's better to redo the whole thing. 

Hi,

(I'm new to this forum)

I bought a pair of Nike Free 5.0 V6's from Foot Locker. I have two problems. One about the shoe and with about maintaining a new(sort of) look. The thing is, majority of the shoe is Flyknit. I wanted to use the 'Foot Locker Sneaker Protector', on the can it only says DO NOT APPLY ON SUEDE OR NUBUCK. Does this mean I can use it on the Flyknit? and if so any directions or tips on how to apply?

2.I use these shoes as everyday shoes, which means they're on my feet for at least 6hrs. But during running the bottom of the shoe feels hard and firm and makes my feet a little sore(keep in mind this is the first time I've worn them). Is this because of them being new or the shoe not being made for this kind of use?

(Images of Foot Locker Sneaker Protector and my shoes)

flywire =/= flyknit. like he said, thats mesh. you are perfectly fine with spraying that protector on them. even if they were flyknit, it would be fine as well. the discomfort comes because nike seems to lack comfort lately unfortunately. my suggestion would be to try out an adidas boost shoe. the ultra boost if you want the most comfortable shoe you've ever worn.

I got the leather UNC 1s on Saturday and now want to have my KO pair a black/UNC blue custom, anyone have any idea what to use to make the canvas black on them? a specific dye or maybe just angelus black? Any help from NT would be greatly appreciated.

I got the leather UNC 1s on Saturday and now want to have my KO pair a black/UNC blue custom, anyone have any idea what to use to make the canvas black on them? a specific dye or maybe just angelus black? Any help from NT would be greatly appreciated.
Angelus paint on canvas would definitely be no bueno. Leather/acrylic paint on a canvas would look bad.

Krylon makes spray paint cans but they suck. If you want to make a reflective paint you will need to find Retro reflective Microspheres (they basically glass beads that are so fine that they feel like powder) and mix them in with the paint.
anyone have any experience with retro reflective microspheres? 

Back
Top Bottom