:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Does anyone else use baby wipes for a quick clean? These things are god sent, sometimes I even use it for a quick wipe on the bottom of the soles before storing it back in the box. It's effective in picking up dirt (you can see how black the wipe gets) and its really convenient without the hassle of soap and water and all that scrubbing. Kind of like a quick wipe around the shoe and bottom of the shoe and you're good to go. This is for lazy people lol but it works.

Last edited:
^ great idea, I take it the alcohol or whatever other ingredients aren't harsh to the materials?

Does anyone else use baby wipes for a quick clean? These things are god sent, sometimes I even use it for a quick wipe on the bottom of the soles before storing it back in the box. It's effective in picking up dirt (you can see how black the wipe gets) and its really convenient without the hassle of soap and water and all that scrubbing. Kind of like a quick wipe around the shoe and bottom of the shoe and you're good to go. This is for lazy people lol but it works.
Used to use baby wipes for my shoes in high school. Turned a lot of my shoes yellow.

Used to use baby wipes for my shoes in high school. Turned a lot of my shoes yellow.
Just depends on the brand and what chemicals they use.. I have used them to quick clean my shoes for over 15 years now.. My shoes are not yellow or anything close. I use unscented hypoallergenic and alcohol free with natural aloe vera and vitamin E baby wipes. The aloe vera helps keep the leather from cracking.. And your *** from getting a rash :D so they will help quick clean your sneakers no problem. Peace

Last edited:
I should familiarize myself with this thread. I don't think i've ever cleaned or repaired any of my kicks. Maybe at the most some spit shine and I put some crazy glue on one of my foam royal pro, when the swoosh fell off.

Baby wipes are awesome. They're perfect if you just wanna give your shoes a quick wipe down after wearing them, or if you notice some dirt on em before you're about to go out.

Like he said though you gotta use the ones made for a baby's *** without the harsh chemicals :lol:.

the yellowing comment will forever sway me away from using baby wipes, no need to take the chance, just dont be lazy and use soap and water and a good hard brissle toothbrush after each wear. might just be me but i just dont feel like chancing it.

You need aluminum foil all around. And a lid if possible to keep the light contained

I had them cooking for around 50-100 hours.

Use repti glo 10.0 bulbs

You need aluminum foil all around. And a lid if possible to keep the light contained

I had them cooking for around 50-100 hours.

Use repti glo 10.0 bulbs

dang, so u only took them out to reapply the 40 vol? or how much time in between sessions?

i been using some powerful household lights cuz it stays storming here and i havent been able to go in the city like normal.
is it possible to get the glo 10.0 bulbs in store? I dont want to order, i knw lowes has a few other alternatives

Last edited:
dang, so u only took them out to reapply the 40 vol? or how much time in between sessions?

i been using some powerful household lights cuz it stays storming here and i havent been able to go in the city like normal.
is it possible to get the glo 10.0 bulbs in store? I dont want to order, i knw lowes has a few other alternatives
try petco or other pet stores check the reptile section

Just depends on the brand and what chemicals they use.. I have used them to quick clean my shoes for over 15 years now.. My shoes are not yellow or anything close. I use unscented hypoallergenic and alcohol free with natural aloe vera and vitamin E baby wipes. The aloe vera helps keep the leather from cracking.. And your *** from getting a rash
happy.gif
so they will help quick clean your sneakers no problem. Peace
Baby wipes are awesome. They're perfect if you just wanna give your shoes a quick wipe down after wearing them, or if you notice some dirt on em before you're about to go out.

Like he said though you gotta use the ones made for a baby's *** without the harsh chemicals
laugh.gif
Yeah. I'm not sure how they can yellow your shoes. They aren't wet enough to just sit and drown on your shoes and turn it yellow (and you can always make sure to dry off excessive wetness after wiping if there is). Baby wipes is pretty much  just soap and water mixed in the cloth but just a milder cleaning agent which is more delicate for like an infant's behind, so if it's delicate enough for a baby I don't see how it's not delicate enough for your shoes. It is soap and water in it self, thats their sanitation itself . I also do get the version just like the other guy said which is unscented, hypoallergenic, alcohol free, and has aloe vera. It's funny cause I'm actually more amazed when people use laundry detergent, dish soap alcohol, etc. instead cause all of those I would be more paranoid that it could damage or fade paint color lol.

the yellowing comment will forever sway me away from using baby wipes, no need to take the chance, just dont be lazy and use soap and water and a good hard brissle toothbrush after each wear. might just be me but i just dont feel like chancing it.
Baby wipes are Soap and Water in itself just on a cloth. If Anything they have a milder form of cleaning agent in it that is less stronger in chemicals than other soaps anyway. 

Yeah. I'm not sure how they can yellow your shoes. They aren't wet enough to just sit and drown on your shoes and turn it yellow (and you can always make sure to dry off excessive wetness after wiping if there is). Baby wipes is pretty much  just soap and water mixed in the cloth but just a milder cleaning agent which is more delicate for like an infant's behind, so if it's delicate enough for a baby I don't see how it's not delicate enough for your shoes. It is soap and water in it self, thats their sanitation itself . I also do get the version just like the other guy said which is unscented, hypoallergenic, alcohol free, and has aloe vera. It's funny cause I'm actually more amazed when people use laundry detergent, dish soap alcohol, etc. instead cause all of those I would be more paranoid that it could damage or fade paint color lol.

Not sure how they yellowed them either (maybe they were scented?) but they definitely became yellow after using the wipes. My black and white XII and white and Columbia IV soles were damaged. Since then, I just use laundry detergent and dilute it with water and haven't had problems since.

I took them out after about a 8-15 hour session washed off, reapplied, then set back in.

Try a pet store like the other guy said go to the reptile section.

I took them out after about a 8-15 hour session washed off, reapplied, then set back in.

Try a pet store like the other guy said go to the reptile section.

of course, and thanks again bro...we gotta a lil sun out now so i threw them outside, i can already tell a big difference from using the indoor method with less powerful lights so i cant wait to upgrade.
Ima hit u up tho man

Damn I just donated a pair of blue patent leather forces cuz the nasty yellow midsole. What's the Sally 40 cream you're talking about?

I just used the 40 creme. No corn starch or oxi clean. Used a toothbrush. Let it sit outside in sunlight for an hour and a half. That was only one session.

HOW CAN I FIX THESE??

I don't think that's fixable. You can sand it down a bit with some very fine sand paper and perhaps put some touch up paint. I don't think anyones found a fix for the midsole scrapes.

For the paint on the patent leather. You may want to try nail polish remover or acetone. Try it on scrap patent leather 1st though.

Back
Top Bottom