:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Help!!! Do u think e6000 will fix?

So on my pair of Infrared Jordan 3's, when I walk the shoe squeaks because the back pull tab like isn't constantly touching the back leather of the heel:

Compared to my black cement 3's which don't have this problem:

Idk if the tab not touching is the main cause but on my infrared's all I have to do is push the heel of the lining backwards (inside lining of the shoe towards the heel tab) and it will make a really loud sqeaking noise so does anyone know how to fix that?

Can't get rid of this glue stain on my 2000 Space Jams and it's so annoying. I've tried everything, goo gone, acetone, wd40, olive oil...and nothing works. Anyone got any suggestions?
I used acetone on the glue stains that got on my bred 11s, just dont use too much or else it will leave permanant marks on the patent leather

when you used the acetone did you wipe it off real quick or did you get them on a paper towel to let the acetone soak a little bit to soften the glue? 

might also need to pick at it with finger nail too. 
I soaked it twice for about 5-10min each time. Tried picking it out after each remedy, but didn't work. I'll try another session and leave it on longer this time. Out of acetone right now though, gotta go grab some. :\

Kinda scared me the first time cause it turned the glue stain extremely white (which it's supposed to) and it stood out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
So on my pair of Infrared Jordan 3's, when I walk the shoe squeaks because the back pull tab like isn't constantly touching the back leather of the heel:

Compared to my black cement 3's which don't have this problem:

Idk if the tab not touching is the main cause but on my infrared's all I have to do is push the heel of the lining backwards (inside lining of the shoe towards the heel tab) and it will make a really loud sqeaking noise so does anyone know how to fix that?
I doubt it will make a loud squeaking nose just because of the back tab, must be from the insole,? Is your jordan 3 a little bigger in size maybe? ..

Any idea on how to fix the jordan xi's when the patent leather parts go in like small circle dots that gets pushed in by the toe box? hard to explain..But a can we fix creases/dents on jordan xi's toe box patent?

Thanks

Any idea on how to fix the jordan xi's when the patent leather parts go in like small circle dots that gets pushed in by the toe box? hard to explain..But a can we fix creases/dents on jordan xi's toe box patent?
Thanks

You can try stuffing it with the double sock method. Nothing else really to do on PL from what I know. You can prevent future creasing with shoe trees or force fields.

I doubt it will make a loud squeaking nose just because of the back tab, must be from the insole,? Is your jordan 3 a little bigger in size maybe? ..
It's just from the back tab rubbing against the leather on the heel. If i take them off and just push the heel into the back tab it squeaks.

looks good.. outside or inside.. and for the sea glow did you mix it in the SC mixture or you scrubed it in?

This was done outside. I basically mixed it all in one cup and let it sit for about 20 minutes until it started to foam up and rise and I applied it with a sponge brush so there was no drip or runs. I didn't even mask the shoes

Nice. It seems Salcon Care 40 is stronger than Sea Glow. But urine yellow bottoms seem to be a 25 to 40 hr job to get it completely clear.

From my experience with sea glow I feel like I've been robbed of a lot of time and money. Salon care is by far the cheapest and most convenient of all. It would take me 3 days with seaglow to do what I did in one day using sc

Last edited:
I have a quick question for all of you midsole painters.

I recently stripped/repainted a pair of Flyknit Lunar1 midsoles with Angelus paint. I got the acrylic finisher to apply to the midsoles to try and help prevent cracking. On the bottle it recommends applying it with a sponge or a rag. Those directions are for leather though. Would I be better off using a paintbrush to apply it to the midsoles? Also, how many coats would you guys recommend? I probably did around 4-6 thin coats of paint before this.

Thanks in advance :nthat:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom