:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by jordan23lilelias4

How do i get the tounge on my cardinal 7's back to white?
i used jason markk cleaner
id get the soft brush since the regular lifted some id the fibers up...its not that noticeable under the laces tho

Do conventional shoe dies work on the synthetic materials that JB use?

My XIVs are starting to fade. (Not just dirt)

Thanks

quick question, does anybody think that seaglow would work on the plastic part of the air bubble for the Air Jordan IV's? I wonder if it will work?

for all who need Bar Keepers Friend....

i saw some at bed, Bath, and BEYOND for 3.99 + they allways have 20% off coupons floating around- nice size bottle too.

Haven't gone through the thread but what is the best paint i can buy. Im trying to restore some destroyed cement iii's. Also is there a paint removalsomeone could recommend me??

Originally Posted by JP310

Haven't gone through the thread but what is the best paint i can buy. Im trying to restore some destroyed cement iii's. Also is there a paint removal someone could recommend me??

angelus

Can anyone confirm that the yellow armor all on the icy soles does not destroy it and actually works for prevention?

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Can anyone confirm that the yellow armor all on the icy soles does not destroy it and actually works for prevention?

so far so good for me. i would say since december of 2006-!+%?

Originally Posted by fran215kill

quick question i remember reading somewhere on here i can use something to help keep that brand new look on suede/nubeck materials on shoes like the 7's. i forget what it was i think it was water proofer or something i just need some comformation i dont want to ruin my hares. thanks.
yea, its called waterproofer or something like that. i really dont reccomend it since i think it only last like one hour. you can try it tho.

Originally Posted by JP310

Haven't gone through the thread but what is the best paint i can buy. Im trying to restore some destroyed cement iii's. Also is there a paint removal someone could recommend me??
As far as paint removal, try seaglow. This stuff takes everything off.

Originally Posted by Phats0

AJVII: Nubuck/leather again. For the white/light colored shoes, use the Oxy-clean on the tongue, removing the laces. Midsoles on this, especially the white shoes, CAN peel and turn bone white. To prevent, heavy application of Armor All. If already bone white or turning, get a sanding block, 1500 grit or higher. You are trying to lightly scrub off the yellowing, not reform the shoe. A light, light sanding will help get the yellow of, and get you down to the white color again. After that, get 2 or 3 coats of Armor All on.

so how do i clean the toe box on mine? my cdp hares had a lil scuff mark on in and i dont wanna ruin the shoe my smearing it. do i use that mr. clean magic eraser on it?

I'm look'n for some info on this too. I got a small scuff on the toe box and looking for something to clean them up.
frown.gif

Hey 23MichaelJordan45,

try Goof off 2. It removes almost ANYTHING. You can find it at home depot. Its removed alot of scuffs for me

Originally Posted by chernabog915

Wow, no wonder I quit coming in here to help. Two years after the initial instructions, and people still asking stupid questions. If there was ANYTHING better than Sea Glow to fix the shoes, we'd know by now. The instructions are on page one. Try starting there. This is going to probably be one of my last posts here. Thankfully I'm not getting flooded with IMs anymore on how to clean shoes, but the sheer amount of stupidity in here, the redundant questions, the same misinformation over and over again, I'm not really going to deal with any longer. I came on here to post some new information, which I am sure, as always, won't get looked at and won't be listened to because you're too interested in using harsh chemicals, like Clorox bleach, to pay attention.

RIT is a company that makes dyes. They also make fabric safe chemicals to remove dyes and stains. The two of them are Whitener and Brightner and White Wash. I got a pair of retro XI's, and the uppers were almost as yellow as the soles. They looked like someone walked through piss in them. I did two things to take the garbage out of them. First, boil you some water, and pour about a cup of water in with about a quarter cup of color safe bleach, and go after it with a stiff toothbrush. Then, take a cup of boiling water and a tablespoon of the Whitener and Brightner in a bowl, and mix it up, make sure it completely dissolves, and work it into the uppers. After you do that, take a bowl of boiling water and brush it into the shoes to get the Whitener and colorsafe bleach out. You may need to do this two or three times to get all the cleaning stuff out. I will 'maybe' post some pics of what it looks like afterwards. When the shoes came in, they were basically yellow. I tried wearing them out one day, but the bright white laces made them look extremely stupid. Now, they almost blend in. I may tint the laces down heavily using the same white wash technique. This is far, far better than the tried and useless jesture of using Barkeeper's Friend on the uppers. Yes, you can use it, and yes, it requires some work getting it out of the uppers in the end, but this method works far, far better at getting the color back.

http://www.ritdye.com/Fabric+Treatments.28.51.7.50.lasso
http://www.ritdye.com/Fabric+Treatments.28.51.7.48.lasso

You can find these easily at Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, etc.
LOL if you only knew what a sneaker doctor goes through
laugh.gif

So how would i possibly be able to fix these?
How would i fix the midsole and the black bump on the front/side?
Also, what can i do about the nike air plastic that is sort of coming off?
And last and not least, how about the suede? The scuff marks or whatever, is there anyway to fix that part?

1ekk94.jpg

21jwqbl.jpg

330h2s5.jpg

14jre2r.jpg

2lsty68.jpg

for B-grade shoes from outlets, wats the best way to remove a "B" stamp on the tags inside the shoes?

I was just wondering which site is safe to purchase Seaglow? Tap Plastics or Island Girl main page? Where has everyone else bought it from, thanks.

Originally Posted by jamespiritu

for B-grade shoes from outlets, wats the best way to remove a "B" stamp on the tags inside the shoes?

is it a stamp or is it.. permanent marker? all the bgrades marked i've seen are used by permanent markers..

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Originally Posted by fran215kill

quick question i remember reading somewhere on here i can use something to help keep that brand new look on suede/nubeck materials on shoes like the 7's. i forget what it was i think it was water proofer or something i just need some comformation i dont want to ruin my hares. thanks.
yea, its called waterproofer or something like that. i really dont reccomend it since i think it only last like one hour. you can try it tho.
thanks for the info

hey I would say the best way is to use a nubuck suede brush, that comes with the rubber eraser but dont use the eraser just the brush.

My beater XX2s got a little wet, and the suede has a slight 'gloss' to it.

Anybody have any ideas how to restore a matt finish to it?

Suede Brush was no good.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom