:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

when yall say use baby oil for nubuck,

do you just put it on a cloth and rub it in?

or apply it directly to the shoe?

I.E. CDP 4's.

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by FriscoSoLE09

Anything I could do about these? Such as the midsole? Like repainting it, what color, and how? etc. Any other problems to restoring these?

Elephant print is fine, no cracks. Anyway I can prevent cracks?
use white paint for the midsole? what else color would you want the midsole to be.
and how would be, using a fine paint brush, the thin brushes (professional).
the problems would be is if you repainted it, the paint would crack after 2-3 wears depending on the type of paint, coating, letting the paint try onto the surface.
you cant really prevent cracks, unless you dont wear them at all. pressure from stepping down and putting your weight onto your foot puts pressure on the foam midsole. the midsole isnt stiff like the soles. the paint that on the midsole will eventually crack from all the pressure from your foot and loosens the paint.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

^FPSee? you can clearly look at a IV and tell that the net does not cover all underlying material. It also isn't made of leather. All i want to know is whether barkeepers will have the same effect on THAT material as it does on the XI's. If anyone has tried cleaning the mesh on a IV, drop some pointers. Thanks.
well no !+%%. its a net.
grin.gif
. but how can you expect to clean something when almost covered by the net (not fully). there's not direct contact except in between the lining of the net, your not gonna get to clean thoroughly with the net blocking it. why dont you try it for yourself and see if it whitens then mesh when the net is in the way.
FPSee, it worked really well man. I just washed with some fairly watery ajax sol'n and worked it in with a toothbrush. As long as some of theajax can work its way in it cleans it very well. the material under the net looks basically brand new now. As for the mesh, i just went over the top of it withreally fine sandpaper and it made an improvement. It works really well for anyone else who wants to try it out.

Originally Posted by Kairito

Can anyone post a link to that 'Suede Brush' they got from target or any other store.

I don't know where to find the brush, but what I use is a suede/nubuck cleaning block. Its a block that feels sort of like an eraser, and it works magic.Should be able to find them at any shoe store and they're pretty cheap. good luck.

Alrite guys I need your help. SO i recently bought a pair of AM1 inspired Court FOrces, they have a mesh toebox. So I wore them today for the first time, andthey got some sort of scuff or stain on the mesh toebox. I tried taking off with what else? My finger and spit. And to my horror, it didn't go away, and italso spread out and got darker.

So my question what can i do to take it off? I was thinking about using a Clorox Bleach Pen (the one for stains). Would this harm the shoe in anyway? I dontwant to put it in the washer, since its only one spot, but it really bugs me how it got dirty so fast.

So if u can help thnx.

i wear high end designer jeans and they run off ive searched but dont have time to go through all 40 pages so any help is great

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?!?

my cdo 10's have gotten a little shine to them in the suede/nubuck.
how could i take it off and make them look crispy.

ive tried brushing them witha dry towel but it doesnt seem to take it off.

thanks for any help.

What would work on suade like the Sport red Is?? Would soap and water work because I tried using the eraser and it didnt work that well..I got some dirt markson em like it looks black instead of red.

Originally Posted by agold1002

i wear high end designer jeans and they run off ive searched but dont have time to go through all 40 pages so any help is great

i know what you mean. i buy the levi's capital e's and they're raw washes. the only thing you can do is wash the jeans inside out a couple of times before you wear them with shoes you're concerned with staining. it may take away from the darkness/finish a tiny bit, but works really well if you cold water wash them and hang to dry. other than that, dont wear totally raw jeans with kicks you're worried about marking, cause its gonna happen with any bit of moisture.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?!?

Hey NT!

Need some help cleaning these Red Suade XX1.. the circled parts are dirty any advice how to clean
happy.gif
THANKS

Hey I was wondering if a pair of mocha 3s right? If the midsole is yellow, and My friends is offering to paint them, would they still be wearable?? Because Iwould still Want to wear them and not mess them up, the way they are arent that bad..

i read the thread about storing Jordan's... but they only gave me an explanation on saving Jordan's that i wear every once in a while, i want to keepthem ds. i want to store them so what can i do to keep them from yellowing and cracking and anything else that may be harmful to my jays?

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

i read the thread about storing Jordan's... but they only gave me an explanation on saving Jordan's that i wear every once in a while, i want to keep them ds. i want to store them so what can i do to keep them from yellowing and cracking and anything else that may be harmful to my jays?

heres a pic of what i want to store and what im doing for now
dm6yvr.jpg
my fault i clicked quote instead ofedit

Sorry about the lag guys. I've been hella busy for the past few weeks with school.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

i read the thread about storing Jordan's... but they only gave me an explanation on saving Jordan's that i wear every once in a while, i want to keep them ds. i want to store them so what can i do to keep them from yellowing and cracking and anything else that may be harmful to my jays?

basically just store them in the box. but i rather not but them in with silca panks because that takes out the moisture in the midsole causing them to crackwhen you wear them. even if there's some type of pressure.

Hey I was wondering if a pair of mocha 3s right? If the midsole is yellow, and My friends is offering to paint them, would they still be wearable?? Because I would still Want to wear them and not mess them up, the way they are arent that bad..

they're still wearable but it will crack within 3 - 5 wears or even less. depending on how well it was painted and what kind of paint was used.

Originally Posted by EdgarVega4

Hey NT!

Need some help cleaning these Red Suade XX1.. the circled parts are dirty any advice how to clean
happy.gif
THANKS

suede/nubuck eraser

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

when doing a soleswap like this http://niketalk.com/topic/107581http://niketalk.com/topic/107581

do you only take the clear sole off? or the sole+white midsole?

a friend gave me his space jams and his clear soles fell off, I'm trying to see what I can do.

thanks in advance.
clear sole.

What would work on suade like the Sport red Is?? Would soap and water work because I tried using the eraser and it didnt work that well..I got some dirt marks on em like it looks black instead of red.

pictures help us help you.

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

my cdo 10's have gotten a little shine to them in the suede/nubuck.
how could i take it off and make them look crispy.

ive tried brushing them witha dry towel but it doesnt seem to take it off.

thanks for any help.
pictures help us help you

Originally Posted by agold1002

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?!?
no clue what your talking...

Originally Posted by PiNoypi

Alrite guys I need your help. SO i recently bought a pair of AM1 inspired Court FOrces, they have a mesh toebox. So I wore them today for the first time, and they got some sort of scuff or stain on the mesh toebox. I tried taking off with what else? My finger and spit. And to my horror, it didn't go away, and it also spread out and got darker.

So my question what can i do to take it off? I was thinking about using a Clorox Bleach Pen (the one for stains). Would this harm the shoe in anyway? I dont want to put it in the washer, since its only one spot, but it really bugs me how it got dirty so fast.

So if u can help thnx.

you can try the bleach pen. it works wonders.

this question was probably asked alot, but i need a answer quick
im thinking of buying some 5's but the mesh on the tongue and sides are yellowed, whats my best option to get those back icey? will sea glow work, or isthat difficult to do
thanks..

edit: i read a couple of pages back, and the answer was yes i can use seaglow.. BUT, i was wondering if sea glow will ruin the material behind the mesh andsides of the shoe

just moved into a new place and was thinking about putting my collection in the walk-in closet that you get to from the bathroom/shower. if i store them intheir boxes in zip lock bags with silica packs would that protect them from the steam/moisture from the shower even with the door closed all the time? helpwill be appreciated heaps! anyone else done this before with out any bad results?

Originally Posted by RIPCITY32

just moved into a new place and was thinking about putting my collection in the walk-in closet that you get to from the bathroom/shower. if i store them in their boxes in zip lock bags with silica packs would that protect them from the steam/moisture from the shower even with the door closed all the time? help will be appreciated heaps! anyone else done this before with out any bad results?
you should be fine with the ziplocks and silca packs but be aware that doing this will cause to crack your foamed midsoles (i.e IIIs, IVs, Vs,VIs)

Originally Posted by thePHOking

this question was probably asked alot, but i need a answer quick
im thinking of buying some 5's but the mesh on the tongue and sides are yellowed, whats my best option to get those back icey? will sea glow work, or is that difficult to do
thanks..

edit: i read a couple of pages back, and the answer was yes i can use seaglow.. BUT, i was wondering if sea glow will ruin the material behind the mesh and sides of the shoe
no it should be fine. i seen a lot of seaglowed Vs without any problems.

im afraid those are gonna be shiny.

thanks for the info, part II then, i been storing all my jays in zip lock bags with silica packs. if i was to store them somewhere else, not in my closet thenshould i take the III, IV,V,VIs out of the zip lockz and silica and leave them just in their boxes? if so what others do you need to do that with? do theystill keep in good condition just in their boxes? thanks

can i use a magic eraser to get out a excess glue on the suede of XVII CDP and not messed it up??

Back
Top Bottom