:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

the foam on the midsoles of my 4s is starting to peel away... any suggestions??

i was thinking filling with putty then sanding and painting but im sure thats not correct

thanks

20t2fc9.jpg

How can i clean these ones that i could get the best out of them?

I know that soles can be fixed whith seaglow..what about leather and stitches?

f0026ba40c5f1f0d17d5f98fc4aeb390417a8997.png

4f32665402593f691bb5fa882037009209994a29.png

Many THANKS!!

i been sea glowing my retro 5 black silver 5-6 days when i started i seen it was getting clear for a couple of days and one day i forgot to remove the seaglow after sea glowing so i didnt sea glow them in a week after i was going to sea glow the shoes look yellower than when i last left them what can i do to getthem getting clear again

about a week ago, i finished painting the midsoles of my black cement 3s. i wore them 2 times since and noticed that they were starting to peel. it got meheated. but i know i painted 4-5 thin layers of white angelus paint and let it dry properly for a day and a half. after looking at them for 2 minutes i gotupset, went ape $**# and started peeling the paint off. i will eventually repaint them but does anyone know a way i can avoid my repaint job from peelingagain?! thanks

AirJordanXVIII wrote:
Has anyone seaglowed DS shoes?

Yes, I did my CDP V's because they were yellow when i got them
mad.gif
. Andit worked great.And I did my white/blue VI low top that were DS at the time and it worked great also.

Originally Posted by jpena0306

about a week ago, i finished painting the midsoles of my black cement 3s. i wore them 2 times since and noticed that they were starting to peel. it got me heated. but i know i painted 4-5 thin layers of white angelus paint and let it dry properly for a day and a half. after looking at them for 2 minutes i got upset, went ape $**# and started peeling the paint off. i will eventually repaint them but does anyone know a way i can avoid my repaint job from peeling again?! thanks
sounds like to me that you didn't use a primer to hold the paint down. did you use acetone to remove the old paint? if you did, this would ofbeen your primer. use the acetone when you re-paint them so you won't encounter this problem again.

Originally Posted by Kairito

What's the best way to remove a little beer drop on my cdp hares. It's just like a little spot on the toebox how can I clean that up without damaging the shoe. All help is appreciated.
smile.gif
use either a suede/nubuck foam cleaner, spray, or maybe an eraser. use the eraser last if the other cleaners don't work. be careful with theeraser so it doesn't rip up the materials on the shoe.

Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

just wondering anybody that got the allstar xx3 did yall tongue yellow,mines did i was so mad i only wore them things 3 times i think the paper did it ,i have all the other patent leather xx3 in doubles but i took the paper out and they are fine,im guessing theres nothing i can do about the yellowing on the allstars
no there's nothing you can do when the yellowing process starts. it's just like the columbia xi's when they yellow.

how would you go about fixing these? i saw the other posts but would i have to strip all the black off and completely repaint it?
%21BfOW3UQBGk%7E%24%28KGrHqQH-CwErfUh1,+SBL%21,Jkq1Yg%7E%7E_3.JPG

Well I just recently got some DS 3m Raging Bull Vs and I was wondering how you can clean the material if they were to get dirty? Just in case because I mayUn-DS them today

I have a small tiny splint crack on the midsole of one of my shoes. The shoes are still wearable, but is there any way I can prevent it from getting worse? CanI put something on it to bond it back together and mold? The crack isn't deep at all, mostly on the surface, but I'm worried it's going to getworse with time, I want to prevent it before it happens.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by jpena0306

about a week ago, i finished painting the midsoles of my black cement 3s. i wore them 2 times since and noticed that they were starting to peel. it got me heated. but i know i painted 4-5 thin layers of white angelus paint and let it dry properly for a day and a half. after looking at them for 2 minutes i got upset, went ape $**# and started peeling the paint off. i will eventually repaint them but does anyone know a way i can avoid my repaint job from peeling again?! thanks
sounds like to me that you didn't use a primer to hold the paint down. did you use acetone to remove the old paint? if you did, this would of been your primer. use the acetone when you re-paint them so you won't encounter this problem again.
thanks, pimpjobu. you're right i didn't take the time to remove the old paint, the white turned yellow soo i assumed the paint possiblydisintegrated
laugh.gif
or something over time. thanks again

You know how they always try to upsell you on the shoe cleaner, protectant, etc when buying shoes? I just got some all-white Jordan 12s, is it worthit/recommended to get the protectant to help prevent staining, etc? It wouldn't yellow white shoes would it?

I just scooped up from Concord XIs and I was wondering how you use BKF exactly on the mesh? Is there a certain way to clean it? I'm trying to restore themsince my friend didn't really take care of them.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by Kairito

What's the best way to remove a little beer drop on my cdp hares. It's just like a little spot on the toebox how can I clean that up without damaging the shoe. All help is appreciated.
smile.gif
use either a suede/nubuck foam cleaner, spray, or maybe an eraser. use the eraser last if the other cleaners don't work. be careful with the eraser so it doesn't rip up the materials on the shoe.

jus my two cents bc this happend to me with the cdpvii, jus use a timberland eraser not the stoopid plastic one use the more gritty type one an jus erase thespots and brush it away, works wonders on the pretty suede

i got acouple of questions how do u clean the tongue on the 9s/ and how do u take out the creasing out ?
and for the 8s i thnkn of using Angelus Paint but what color should i buy ? im thnkn is red and grey or dark grey can anyone help me on what colors shouls iget
34ypt74.jpg

250ng5k.jpg

ic2wzm.jpg

29divpz.jpg

Hello i pulled out my playoff 12's and they have gotten yellow... Not in the upper or the outsole... thats all white. its more yellow in the midsole areathe peice that connects to the grey tab... how do i clean this? i mean take the yellow out.. i have island girl and barkeeper..do i use those? i dint want tojump ahead of myself... thanks for your time

24b16148391d00ee73a71d3a8c42bc3b62ff6608.pjpg

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

i got acouple of questions how do u clean the tongue on the 9s/ and how do u take out the creasing out ?
and for the 8s i thnkn of using Angelus Paint but what color should i buy ? im thnkn is red and grey or dark grey can anyone help me on what colors shouls i get
34ypt74.jpg

250ng5k.jpg

ic2wzm.jpg

29divpz.jpg

you can try using RIT to clean the yellowing and dirt off the tongue. as for the creases. nothing really to "take it out" but you can trying ironingthem or stuffing them when you wear them.

Originally Posted by Rodrigo23

Hello i pulled out my playoff 12's and they have gotten yellow... Not in the upper or the outsole... thats all white. its more yellow in the midsole area the peice that connects to the grey tab... how do i clean this? i mean take the yellow out.. i have island girl and barkeeper..do i use those? i dint want to jump ahead of myself... thanks for your time

24b16148391d00ee73a71d3a8c42bc3b62ff6608.pjpg
seaglowing them is useless. barkeepers you can try. just dont scrub too hard since its made out of foam. but i wouldnt recommend it because it canjust fall apart overtime just because you scrubbed the top layer that keeps it intact. all the advice i can give you is either repaint it, or just deal withit.

Back
Top Bottom