:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by nostalgickickz

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by Rawk Shorty

does sea glow work on other sneakers that dont have icy bottoms?
i have some yellowing on the soles of my 13's
is they're anyway to get rid of that
thanks in advance
only works with clear bottom soles.
sand paper or repaint.

wrong it has been proven that it works on rubber uch more tidious and not as amazing results but nit worksnot the less sanding the pods would make it be smooth instead of the way it is lol
Originally Posted by Shackery Dakery

so on my 2001 retro III's that i just bought, i took em out the box and the soles just disintegrated... are they done for?
if its falling apart, then yes

and halfway wrong lol you can soleswap but it is done for those shoes.........

Can you show where it has been proven?

halfway wrong? Did he ask for an alternative? He just asked if its done for. So NO, it's not "halfway wrong"

And can you type where at least a 7 year old can read? your grammar is HORRIBLE. I feel like i sounded like im ******ed myself for reading what you wrote.

Originally Posted by 93jUMpmAnKid

Can i use a regular lamp or uv lamp in a dark closet or do i need to sea glow in the sun???
you can use a UV lamp

Originally Posted by THEFRESHESTWHITEBOY301

will Mr clean magic eraser work on cleaning my white on white af1's and my mid soles on my bred 11's i need to know asap!!!!!
depends what you're trying to clean.

So does replacing the paper with a white towel help prevent aging? thanks please respond

just trying to clean up dirt and other stuff that on there from wear. thanks please respond

yeah it'll clean it.

i have two pairs of og xiii red/wht and all black the sole is coming off just a littli bit should i 1. just glue them areas bak up or 2. should i take them toa repair shop have them take off the sole and glue it bak on

Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

i have two pairs of og xiii red/wht and all black the sole is coming off just a littli bit should i 1. just glue them areas bak up or 2. should i take them to a repair shop have them take off the sole and glue it bak on

shoe repair shop is always the best choice. they know what glue to use and how to apply it.

i have two pairs of og xiii red/wht and all black the sole is coming off just a littli bit should i 1. just glue them areas bak up or 2. should i take them to a repair shop have them take off the sole and glue it bak on

shoe repair shop is always the best choice. they know what glue to use and how to apply it.
my bad i was pretty tired when i wrote that but i have to find th epost on iss honestly it was done over a year ago no need to get offensivethough just trying ot help you out but ok and very true about not asking for a alternative either dont get offended maybe more then one answer might help someppl.......you never know
glasses.gif

Are there any video tutorials on how to use seaglow ? And are there any stores that sell them besides online? Thanks for the much needed help.

Originally Posted by nostalgickickz

my bad i was pretty tired when i wrote that but i have to find th epost on iss honestly it was done over a year ago no need to get offensive though just trying ot help you out but ok and very true about not asking for a alternative either dont get offended maybe more then one answer might help some ppl.......you never know
glasses.gif

its cool. i skimmed it. so i aint trippin.

Originally Posted by tHe174Movement

Are there any video tutorials on how to use seaglow ? And are there any stores that sell them besides online? Thanks for the much needed help.

Well around here there's a store called TAPS that sells it. It's a kinda specialty store. I forgot what they sell. but look it up. you might be nearone. as for videos. i dont know. try youtube'ing it or google'ing

so yea my space jams definetly got a little dirty last night when i UNdsed them.... any suggestions? its like black dirt? soap and water or do i just need togo ahead and seaglow?

^^^^ any pics and if its just on the mid Sole try and clean lightly with a wet cloth and the use a Mr clean magic eraser the work wonders.

ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE MID SOLE SCRAPES ON MY PIC ABOVE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE MID SOLE SCRAPES ON MY PIC ABOVE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can fill the holes with paintable caulking and repaint with angelus

where can i buy the caulk and paint? and should i sand before i fill it in ?

you can pick up a small tube of paintable caulk from any hardware store
the angelus paint can be bought online from turtlefeathers.net but if there's an arts and craftst store in your area they may have something similar. Thething about angelus brand is that it's flexible and waterproof once cured and is made especially for shoe restorations and customizing so take that intoconsideration before applying just any acrylic paint
and yes, you'll have to lightly sand those spots if you want to get a nice even finish before you apply the caulking

it won't fix your problem but it's always a good idea to clean the surface that you're gonna restore first. Just be sure to clean any residue themagic eraser leaves behind and dry them well before you start your project

OK NT ive been seaglowing with this process... 1. Clean the sole with soap and water 2. Dry 3. Apply seaglow with a cotton 4.scrub with a pad (i use the dishcleaning ones) 5. reapply seaglow and scrub again 6. apply seaglow and put in sun

I still havent seen the results i see here on NT who say that they achieve with two hours or a week

What am i doing wrong??

I have been seagowin my XI multiple times and not much progress !#$?

Originally Posted by swishasweets

OK NT ive been seaglowing with this process... 1. Clean the sole with soap and water 2. Dry 3. Apply seaglow with a cotton 4.scrub with a pad (i use the dish cleaning ones) 5. reapply seaglow and scrub again 6. apply seaglow and put in sun

I still havent seen the results i see here on NT who say that they achieve with two hours or a week

What am i doing wrong??

I have been seagowin my XI multiple times and not much progress *%*?

it takes alot of patience. You are applying it correctly but results will vary depending on weather and how yellow your soles were to begin with. Just beconsistant and patient.

Originally Posted by IhaveGout

Originally Posted by swishasweets

OK NT ive been seaglowing with this process... 1. Clean the sole with soap and water 2. Dry 3. Apply seaglow with a cotton 4.scrub with a pad (i use the dish cleaning ones) 5. reapply seaglow and scrub again 6. apply seaglow and put in sun

What am i doing wrong??

I have been seagowin my XI multiple times and not much progress *%*?

it takes alot of patience. You are applying it correctly but results will vary depending on weather and how yellow your soles were to begin with. Just be consistant and patient.
Ok thanks man its just really irritating to see no damn results
mad.gif

Is there any alternate to RIT Color Remover/Whitener and Brighterner?

I can't find either one is Wal-Mart. I don't want to use BKF either since some comments of it being real bad for shoes. I was think Oxy Clean, but notsure yet.

I need a new air unit for my 97 max uptempos 3s. I un-DSed them and they cracked in less than 10 minutes. I cleaned all the dry glue but the air unit is Done.Any help on where I can get a new full length air unit and what kind of glue I should use I cant let these go with out a fight.
3446rkl.jpg
2eofoch.jpg
34hgmfl.jpg
2u5clc2.jpg
Any suggestions NT?

Originally Posted by tHe174Movement

This might help:

Back
Top Bottom