Official Sons Of Anarchy Season 4 Thread: Season Finale Episode 14 "To Be - Act 2" (Tues 10 pm est)

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by JBug88

I love this show, but I have enjoyed this season the least out of the 4.
And yes, Gemma, we get it. What you are doing is trying to save your family. You keep telling anybody who will listen....
She must say it 3-4 times an episode..

-J-
Yea?  I think last season was the least enjoyable by a good margin.  I'd rank it 2 - 1 - 4 - 3.

I agree. I remember only watching the first season half-heartedly cuz this girl I was talking to loved it, but then the second season pure crack. Watching the first again, between 2 and 3, it was really great at setting up the town, the club and the dynamics they followed through with still. And that stuff with Opie's wife and Stahl
eek.gif
I didn't mean for it to come off any other way than I've enjoyed this season the least.  It hasn't been a bad season, I just think there is way too much stuff going on.  I've had co-workers and even my wife tell my I'm crazy. 
My complaint is the kind of the same complaint that people had with LOST.
Seems like they are throwing !%# at the wall to see what sticks.
You got the Juice thing.  The Otto/Bobby thing.  The cartels which had the Niners and Mayans (and SAMTAZ).  Now the Irish are involved.  The Tara/Clay/Unser/Piney/Gemma/Jax/Op clustereff...
Oh and now you got Wendy coming back...
Ay dios mio...
I'd go 2-3-1-4.
All just my opinions.
No TV show is great start to finish.  NONE.  Ebb and flow...  
So this season will not go down as my favorite. 
laugh.gif

-J-  

I love this show, but I have enjoyed this season the least out of the 4.
And yes, Gemma, we get it. What you are doing is trying to save your family. You keep telling anybody who will listen....
She must say it 3-4 times an episode..

-J-
Yea?  I think last season was the least enjoyable by a good margin.  I'd rank it 2 - 1 - 4 - 3.

I agree. I remember only watching the first season half-heartedly cuz this girl I was talking to loved it, but then the second season pure crack. Watching the first again, between 2 and 3, it was really great at setting up the town, the club and the dynamics they followed through with still. And that stuff with Opie's wife and Stahl
eek.gif
I didn't mean for it to come off any other way than I've enjoyed this season the least.  It hasn't been a bad season, I just think there is way too much stuff going on.  I've had co-workers and even my wife tell my I'm crazy. 
You got the Juice thing.  The Otto/Bobby thing.  The cartels which had the Niners and Mayans (and SAMTAZ).  Now the Irish are involved.  The Tara/Clay/Unser/Piney/Gemma/Jax/Op clustereff...
Ay dios mio...
I'd go 2-3-1-4.
All just my opinions.
laugh.gif

-J-  

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

Dont think he shot clay, i think jax shot ope.

The club is going down, its going down

naw i watched the ending about 3 times opie gave clay 2 & jax watched in amazement that his wolf ticket wasnt taken seriously "i dont wanna have to kill you bro"

naw i watched the ending about 3 times opie gave clay 2 & jax watched in amazement that his wolf ticket wasnt taken seriously "i dont wanna have to kill you bro"

eek.gif
Ay dios mio...
I'd go 2-3-1-4.
All just my opinions.
laugh.gif

-J-  

I get you.  Just my two cents but a lot of it has either been building up or it's a loose end that was left untied from an earlier season.  So for someone who's kept up with the first 3 seasons, it wouldn't be too much to take in one season you know?  The Juice thing, every season they either have someone who they try to turn to a rat or make out to be a rat.  Otto/Bobby was just the Luann/Georgie storyline from 2 coming to an end.  Niners/Mayans storylines are always brought into the fold (maybe less so with the Niners last season).  You kinda figured the Irish would play a bigger role (new Irish, I thought it'd be the same "kings" from last season) after they killed Jimmy.  The JT storyline has been building since the pilot and Wendy is just one of those where they haven't had her since the S1 finale so she's out of your mind.  I think it just goes to show that nothing from the earlier seasons is insignificant and no stone is going to be left unturned.

eek.gif
Ay dios mio...
I'd go 2-3-1-4.
All just my opinions.
laugh.gif

-J-  

I get you.  Just my two cents but a lot of it has either been building up or it's a loose end that was left untied from an earlier season.  So for someone who's kept up with the first 3 seasons, it wouldn't be too much to take in one season you know?  The Juice thing, every season they either have someone who they try to turn to a rat or make out to be a rat.  Otto/Bobby was just the Luann/Georgie storyline from 2 coming to an end.  Niners/Mayans storylines are always brought into the fold (maybe less so with the Niners last season).  You kinda figured the Irish would play a bigger role (new Irish, I thought it'd be the same "kings" from last season) after they killed Jimmy.  The JT storyline has been building since the pilot and Wendy is just one of those where they haven't had her since the S1 finale so she's out of your mind.  I think it just goes to show that nothing from the earlier seasons is insignificant and no stone is going to be left unturned.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

that is cuz ope was @ a nothign to loose point and did not think jax was for real so he called his bluff and i think jax did not shoot cuz he knew it was jsut a mteer of time plus he really wnated to do it himself.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

that is cuz ope was @ a nothign to loose point and did not think jax was for real so he called his bluff and i think jax did not shoot cuz he knew it was jsut a mteer of time plus he really wnated to do it himself.

eek.gif
Ay dios mio...
I'd go 2-3-1-4.
All just my opinions.
laugh.gif

-J-  

Yea, it didn't feel overstuffed for me. If anything, this season was a real slowburn compared to the 2nd season, but not nearly as bad as the first half of last season. The story has been pretty straightforward. Jax wants out after one last job with the cartel, but SAMCRO's not letting him go that easy, not even if his wife's got all the truth he needs to have him done with all of them and not when that last job attracts a ton of attention and pressure from the Feds.
They did a really good job of forgetting last season, whether Sutter wants to admit the problems that season had or not, he adjusted right quick. My only problem was this season felt like they ignored a ton of the normal everyday moments the club would have from seasons 1 and 2 and replaced them with the new threads they started this year, having every episode just restate that the feds wanna turn Juice and Otto's wife and the John Teller papers and the cartel over and over, without much real pressure to resolve any of them until the last few episodes.

I'd say it was the 3rd best because it's missing that spontaneity. This one's been real methodical with everything, but it hasn't had that feeling where most of their problems couldn't get solved by people having some simple honest conversations with eachother. Not like with the neo-nazi's. The big bads this season are ssdd really.

eek.gif
Ay dios mio...
I'd go 2-3-1-4.
All just my opinions.
laugh.gif

-J-  

Yea, it didn't feel overstuffed for me. If anything, this season was a real slowburn compared to the 2nd season, but not nearly as bad as the first half of last season. The story has been pretty straightforward. Jax wants out after one last job with the cartel, but SAMCRO's not letting him go that easy, not even if his wife's got all the truth he needs to have him done with all of them and not when that last job attracts a ton of attention and pressure from the Feds.
They did a really good job of forgetting last season, whether Sutter wants to admit the problems that season had or not, he adjusted right quick. My only problem was this season felt like they ignored a ton of the normal everyday moments the club would have from seasons 1 and 2 and replaced them with the new threads they started this year, having every episode just restate that the feds wanna turn Juice and Otto's wife and the John Teller papers and the cartel over and over, without much real pressure to resolve any of them until the last few episodes.

I'd say it was the 3rd best because it's missing that spontaneity. This one's been real methodical with everything, but it hasn't had that feeling where most of their problems couldn't get solved by people having some simple honest conversations with eachother. Not like with the neo-nazi's. The big bads this season are ssdd really.

Obviously there's a lot more to it but I thought part of Jax trying to step in was not really selfish but knowing that Opie killing Clay would %%$% up his plans to leave. I was tired as hell when I was watching, missed the 10pm airing and feel like I missed a few things but wasn't Jax saying he, Tara & the boys were leaving the next day or in two days? Everything going down like this plus the possibility of Clay not being dead might keep him around.

Obviously there's a lot more to it but I thought part of Jax trying to step in was not really selfish but knowing that Opie killing Clay would %%$% up his plans to leave. I was tired as hell when I was watching, missed the 10pm airing and feel like I missed a few things but wasn't Jax saying he, Tara & the boys were leaving the next day or in two days? Everything going down like this plus the possibility of Clay not being dead might keep him around.

After looking at the preview for next week, who do you think that is that flying through the window? My guess would be either Jax's baby momma, or the Sherrif's wife.

After looking at the preview for next week, who do you think that is that flying through the window? My guess would be either Jax's baby momma, or the Sherrif's wife.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

It looks like Tara to me.
sick.gif
... not looking forward to that week between finale parts 1 & 2
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DeNs415

It looks like Tara to me.
sick.gif
... not looking forward to that week between finale parts 1 & 2
30t6p3b.gif

When Jax told Opie, "Don't make me have to kill you." The look in Opie's eyes showed that not only had he changed, but that he no longer took Jax serious. For fans of The Wire, I feel as if Opie has become a Michael figure. He's crossed the line. Also, all the leave the club talk, has made Opie lose respect for Jax. Similar to the way that Kenard from The Wire lost respect for Naymond when he saw him give Mitchael's mother the dope for the low.

In a recent article, the actor that plays Ope, I just call him Gary Bertier, says that Opie has been the "Job" character from the bible. He's suffered tremendously and has never once turned his back on SAMCRO. It's as if he's reached the point of Otto without resorting to turn state's evidence on the club. Jax is my dude, but the character of Opie really resonates with me, and I am the most curious of where he will go. And Jax has a lot of nerve. He's lied as well, and for him to suggest taking it to the table was disrespectful.

Someone predicted that Opie will die. If Clay indeed lives, I can see Opie dying. However, I really believe that Clay is dead.

Yet, if Clay lives my fear is that all will be forgiven. Just as Opie forgave the club for killing Donna, I could see Clay forgiving Opie. Also, as we see through the preview, Opie shooting Clay has served as a catalyst for Jax receiving the truth. Will Jax find the truth and forgive Clay? Has too much blood been shed? Jax is going to become a tragic hero, as in he has a major flaw that will lead to his demise. "Aint no such thing as half way crooks." And while we know Jax is about the life, his heart is not completely in it. And when you're living a life like those fellas, that %$!* will get you killed.

Another reason why I believe that Clay may be alive, is that Kurt Sutter has stressed that although we hate Clay, there is a method to his madness that the audience does not understand, because there are things going on in the background that we aren't aware of. Kurt stated that the audience will begin the sympathize with Clay once we understand why he's doing the things that he is doing.

I've tried to predict a logical reason for Clay's foul actions, and have not been able to come to any answers. Non what so ever, and I am good at predicting wild possibilities

It can't be as simple as he knows that he won't be able to lead soon, and wants to get as much money as he can. Because as long as he can ride, he will benefit from the club.

Was it just me, or did it kind of hurt when Clay told TIg that he needed another man with a gun, and Tig declined. Clay shrugged it off, but you could tell it hurt his soul.

In regards to Tera. Sutter stated that there was something that happened to Gemma that made her "Gemma" and the same thing will apply to Tera. What happened to her in hands, has changed her forever. We have no idea what we are about to see from her. I think once Jax finds out that Tera knew the whole time, he will lose all faith and trust in her. This is what will lead to the fracture in their relationship that will change the dynamics of their commitment to one another.

I'm still holding on to my thought that we will see her and Opie "together." Right now it's hard to imagine because the Opie and the Tera that we have come to know doesn't exist anymore.

Lastly, the Juice story line is going to make sense. I trust the writers. I think somehow juice will become a martyr for SAMCRO. He will play a part in whatever case if brought against SAMCRO, but the case will be dismissed due to Potter's unethical practices, and Roosevelt will be a part of that.

This show has taken my mind off of Breaking Bad which is saying a lot. I now place it on the same Tier as The Wire, and Breaking Bad.

When Jax told Opie, "Don't make me have to kill you." The look in Opie's eyes showed that not only had he changed, but that he no longer took Jax serious. For fans of The Wire, I feel as if Opie has become a Michael figure. He's crossed the line. Also, all the leave the club talk, has made Opie lose respect for Jax. Similar to the way that Kenard from The Wire lost respect for Naymond when he saw him give Mitchael's mother the dope for the low.

In a recent article, the actor that plays Ope, I just call him Gary Bertier, says that Opie has been the "Job" character from the bible. He's suffered tremendously and has never once turned his back on SAMCRO. It's as if he's reached the point of Otto without resorting to turn state's evidence on the club. Jax is my dude, but the character of Opie really resonates with me, and I am the most curious of where he will go. And Jax has a lot of nerve. He's lied as well, and for him to suggest taking it to the table was disrespectful.

Someone predicted that Opie will die. If Clay indeed lives, I can see Opie dying. However, I really believe that Clay is dead.

Yet, if Clay lives my fear is that all will be forgiven. Just as Opie forgave the club for killing Donna, I could see Clay forgiving Opie. Also, as we see through the preview, Opie shooting Clay has served as a catalyst for Jax receiving the truth. Will Jax find the truth and forgive Clay? Has too much blood been shed? Jax is going to become a tragic hero, as in he has a major flaw that will lead to his demise. "Aint no such thing as half way crooks." And while we know Jax is about the life, his heart is not completely in it. And when you're living a life like those fellas, that %$!* will get you killed.

Another reason why I believe that Clay may be alive, is that Kurt Sutter has stressed that although we hate Clay, there is a method to his madness that the audience does not understand, because there are things going on in the background that we aren't aware of. Kurt stated that the audience will begin the sympathize with Clay once we understand why he's doing the things that he is doing.

I've tried to predict a logical reason for Clay's foul actions, and have not been able to come to any answers. Non what so ever, and I am good at predicting wild possibilities

It can't be as simple as he knows that he won't be able to lead soon, and wants to get as much money as he can. Because as long as he can ride, he will benefit from the club.

Was it just me, or did it kind of hurt when Clay told TIg that he needed another man with a gun, and Tig declined. Clay shrugged it off, but you could tell it hurt his soul.

In regards to Tera. Sutter stated that there was something that happened to Gemma that made her "Gemma" and the same thing will apply to Tera. What happened to her in hands, has changed her forever. We have no idea what we are about to see from her. I think once Jax finds out that Tera knew the whole time, he will lose all faith and trust in her. This is what will lead to the fracture in their relationship that will change the dynamics of their commitment to one another.

I'm still holding on to my thought that we will see her and Opie "together." Right now it's hard to imagine because the Opie and the Tera that we have come to know doesn't exist anymore.

Lastly, the Juice story line is going to make sense. I trust the writers. I think somehow juice will become a martyr for SAMCRO. He will play a part in whatever case if brought against SAMCRO, but the case will be dismissed due to Potter's unethical practices, and Roosevelt will be a part of that.

This show has taken my mind off of Breaking Bad which is saying a lot. I now place it on the same Tier as The Wire, and Breaking Bad.

re-watching the last episode now
pimp.gif

has there ever been a white boy with as much swag in their walk as Jax ?

re-watching the last episode now
pimp.gif

has there ever been a white boy with as much swag in their walk as Jax ?

Back
Top Bottom