OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Rough week
Hopefully a good bounce back next week my whole watchlist is in red except for KO
And it’s not up by much I found out first hand what a bad week looks like in options but I stick by my guns and I’m confident in the companies that I have option calls with they don’t expire for the next couple of week so I’m just going to ride the wave for next week

I also should have kept my BBY and SNAP put
I didn’t think snap would go lower that $8

Good luck with those options. We had a terrible jobs report today. I expect the selling to continue through next week as a result.

Markets are open on Monday thankfully, hate holidays, weekends are bad enough :lol:

Wild week. Volatility is back for now.

It was definitely crazy watching my portfolio sink like that hope for better next week especially with APPL
Good luck with those options. We had a terrible jobs report today. I expect the selling to continue through next week as a result.

Which company is this Coke?
Don’t yall have a big deal in the works right now

^ I'm talking about the government jobs report that came out today. Only 130k jobs added in September.

Keep an eye on BRZU, Brazilian elections coming up very soon if Jair Bolsonaro (very pro business) wins this will probably skyrocket. Called this when it was in the $14-$18 range during the trucker strike, now almost $30, still far away from highs.

EDIT: For those not familiar, it's a 3x leveraged ETF so stay away if you are able to handle extremely violent swings in price, could easily lose or gain 50% overnight (has happened before).

Last edited:
upload_2018-10-10_10-54-7.gif

Bought NKE @ $85 before earnings expecting increase. Just doubled up @ $76 today to bring my average cost to $80.50. If dip continues tomorrow I might add more.

VVIX almost at 130, yowza

Every single stock in nasdaq 100 is red.

Saw this coming but didn't think so soon. Glad I have cash on hand.

Glad I tossed a nice amount of my stock money back into crypto before this sea of red. Finally got a chance to buy some crypto through Robinhood.

-5.6% today

Only stock I'm watching that's doing good is PM. Thought heavy on buying some a few weeks ago but got the NKE instead SMH. Honestly though I wanna keep buying NKE kinda hope it will drop even further lol.

I don’t see the benefit of being bullish in this market if you do options I make good money on my puts my calls not so much
And I also expect a bounce back but will it make up for today’s loss absolutely not
When stock fall they fall hard
But none of them skyrocket unless it’s a big announcement that could change the direction of the company into a positive direction which it should but when it goes down it’s almost no good explanation on why sometimes

I mean I all depends on what you’re trading. I’ve seen some great calls that go from .30-1.50 plus. Sbux 56 calls this week for instance. Downside always goes down quicker than stocks rise.

I mean I all depends on what you’re trading. I’ve seen some great calls that go from .30-1.50 plus. Sbux 56 calls this week for instance. Downside always goes down quicker than stocks rise.

That’s my point
As far as options go it seems like puts are the best way to go especially spread out
AAPL was going strong early last week
And this week it’s under that it hasn’t been this low since September
I understand time decay would be a problem
But that’s nothing with a $16 drop within the 2 days
I at least break even with puts and they are cheaper than calls

I saw the weakness in Nasdaq when it made the most recent highs last week, bought 10,000 shares of SQQQ at 10.85 avg but I misjudged and thought they would try to prop up the market until earnings and sold it too early. With banks starting to report Friday it's just wait and see what happens IMO. VVIX below 100 will be my signal to go long with TQQQ again. I am surprised that with bonds also falling more money didn't flow into gold silver and crypto today; maybe that's coming down the line.

Now the main question now is; Trump took responsibility for the stock market gains and linked his legacy to it's success... he is in a tough position with elections coming up, if markets keep going down will he force the fed to turn the money printers back on?

I can tell you right now he was either lying or that was a typo and it should be 3400. You can’t flip $400 into 34k in a week trading options without some major lotto play happening. And nothing of the sort occurred.

Especially with the market being in the red for two days straight last week

I saw the weakness in Nasdaq when it made the most recent highs last week, bought 10,000 shares of SQQQ at 10.85 avg but I misjudged and thought they would try to prop up the market until earnings and sold it too early. With banks starting to report Friday it's just wait and see what happens IMO. VVIX below 100 will be my signal to go long with TQQQ again. I am surprised that with bonds also falling more money didn't flow into gold silver and crypto today; maybe that's coming down the line.

Now the main question now is; Trump took responsibility for the stock market gains and linked his legacy to it's success... he is in a tough position with elections coming up, if markets keep going down will he force the fed to turn the money printers back on?

The Fed's hands are tied at this point. If they turn the money printers back on, that will signal that the economy is a lot weaker than people believe and it will trigger a drastic selloff in stocks. They have to stay the course and project that the economy is strong and growing at a fast clip so that they can raise rates in December, so that they have more room to cut them later on to stimulate the economy.

Asian markets and US futures are getting crushed. S&P set to open below 200 day. Things look really bad going into the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom