Official The North Face thread

Screenshot_2018-12-16-13-42-35.png

Screenshot_2018-12-16-13-42-44.png

Junya piece that i spotted on Grailed. She in my top 3 fav designers currently.

becareful, I have an older mountain light jacket and purchased a nuptse weeks ago and they are not zip in compatable.

My old denali jacket zips into the same mtn light jacket, probably because they came out around the same time.

I might have to shave the zipper so it fits.

No, you CAN. You may have to do the spoon trick. Joey Ones (in that Nuptse video up there) showed how to do this lots of times. You basically have to take a spoon, put it in between the zipper-catch part, and make it wider by slowly bending it. If I have time I'll try to find a vid.

So happy someone finally started this thread. I almost did a few times but kept snoozing..

So whats everyone's thoughts on the new 1996 Nuptse? Maybe it's me but I think fit is all over the place on them. Copped OG blue recently and still not sure i should keep

Screenshot_2018-12-16-13-42-35.png

Screenshot_2018-12-16-13-42-44.png

Junya piece that i spotted on Grailed. She in my top 3 fav designers currently.

The handle on the back of the shirt ruined it for me. Too easy for some sucka to pull that and try to hurt you.

No, you CAN. You may have to do the spoon trick. Joey Ones (in that Nuptse video up there) showed how to do this lots of times. You basically have to take a spoon, put it in between the zipper-catch part, and make it wider by slowly bending it. If I have time I'll try to find a vid.

I'll keep an eye out for that video

I was thinking about the japanese denali pants. It was in my cart, on global rakuten, like $150 before shipping, I was thinking and thinking, next thing u know my size sold out:lol:

Definitely don’t like this brand stuff looks tacky don’t get me wrong some streetwear brands have fly stuff usually the unknown brands but northface is garbage

So happy someone finally started this thread. I almost did a few times but kept snoozing..

So whats everyone's thoughts on the new 1996 Nuptse? Maybe it's me but I think fit is all over the place on them. Copped OG blue recently and still not sure i should keep

I returned the 1996 nuptse 30 seconds after I tried it on. Thing fit so damn baggy, and it looked silly with slim jeans. You really have to like that oversized look to like the 1996 version, and I'm a person who prefers everything to fit slim. Even the NF website describes it as "retro boxy relaxed fit"

I actually just bought last year's Nuptse off eBay (same size as the 1996 version that I returned), and I like it a lot better. Yeah, it's puffy, but it's puffiness is functional and not OD like the 1996 one.

I returned the 1996 nuptse 30 seconds after I tried it on. Thing fit so damn baggy, and it looked silly with slim jeans. You really have to like that oversized look to like the 1996 version, and I'm a person who prefers everything to fit slim. Even the NF website describes it as "retro boxy relaxed fit"

I actually just bought last year's Nuptse off eBay (same size as the 1996 version that I returned), and I like it a lot better. Yeah, it's puffy, but it's puffiness is functional and not OD like the 1996 one.
Man you are so right. This thing feels huge on me but it fits if that makes any sense. My regular nuptse from 2 years ago feels way better. The nuptse that came out last year is weak to me too tho.. The ones without the adjustable wrist. Don't like the fit on them at all plus i need that velcro on the wrist

Man you are so right. This thing feels huge on me but it fits if that makes any sense. My regular nuptse from 2 years ago feels way better. The nuptse that came out last year is weak to me too tho.. The ones without the adjustable wrist. Don't like the fit on them at all plus i need that velcro on the wrist

Just to clarify, I also sized down from my usual NF size on the Nuptse (including the one you said also fit poorly), cause I kept reading reviews of how it fit loosely. It's a little tight on me but I can manage :lol: I usually like my jackets to fit tightly anyway.

and yeah, the 1996 version fit comfortably but it was just too puffy for someone with a slim frame like me. It probably looks better on bigger framed people or people into that oversized aesthetic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom