Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Anchovy on a pizza?

tenor.gif

Anchovies were one of the original toppings on pizzas. Also, big LOL if you think that about anchovies but eat Caesar salad.

Anchovies were one of the original toppings on pizzas. Also, big LOL if you think that about anchovies but eat Caesar salad.

I don't think I've ever had a Caesar salad with anchovies. Unless it's somewhere in the dressing as opposed to pieces. I mean, if you have a Caesar (drink) it has clam juice... I'd try it in Italy, but the Americanized version of a lot of stuff gets taste completely wrong. Still, not my cup of tea but do your thing.

This isn't a shot at anyone but if you think Pineapple on a pizza or burger is the worst thing... You have to really
explore more. The world has so much more to offer than your standard meatball spaghetti and pepperoni pizza.
Preference is everything, I get that. But as long as you keep going out there and trying new things, I don't care
if you hate pineapples. LMAO

I don't think I've ever had a Caesar salad with anchovies. Unless it's somewhere in the dressing as opposed to pieces. I mean, if you have a Caesar (drink) it has clam juice... I'd try it in Italy, but the Americanized version of a lot of stuff gets taste completely wrong. Still, not my cup of tea but do your thing.

I’m pretty sure most store bought caesar dressing contains anchovy paste. And speaking of Caesar salad, The table side prepared Caesar salad from Jacobs steakhouse in Toronto is straight fire. They use plenty of anchovy paste in their dressing.

YEAH! Get those tomatoes off my damn pizza...
This isn't a shot at anyone but if you think Pineapple on a pizza or burger is the worst thing... You have to really
explore more. The world has so much more to offer than your standard meatball spaghetti and pepperoni pizza.
Preference is everything, I get that. But as long as you keep going out there and trying new things, I don't care
if you hate pineapples. LMAO

I tried it and it makes me wanna throw up.

Sorry I love pineapple by its self but on pizza no thanks ever, and deary me no anchovy's on anything. I'm pretty limited with my diet and foods I eat but that's a personal preference and have been like that ever since I was a kid. I was also a vegetarian for 10 years which turned me off from a lot of foods and tastes.

Loving this debate! haha Which spot has the best crust? Who eats the crust/tosses it away? Dipping sauces?

Apparently there are 10,000 taste buds on the average tongue and they get replaced every 2 weeks - don't limit yourself...

I think another popular debate is appropriate toppings on hot dogs... I think Japadog changed the game when it came to hot dogs for me after experiencing it for the first time haha

At the end of the day, there are BILLIONS of people starving in this world... let's not take anything for granted :smile:

Loving this debate! haha Which spot has the best crust? Who eats the crust/tosses it away? Dipping sauces?

Apparently there are 10,000 taste buds on the average tongue and they get replaced every 2 weeks - don't limit yourself...

I think another popular debate is appropriate toppings on hot dogs... I think Japadog changed the game when it came to hot dogs for me after experiencing it for the first time haha

At the end of the day, there are BILLIONS of people starving in this world... let's not take anything for granted :smile:

For options of slices and accessibility, I feel like Pizzaiolo is a cut above the Pizza Novas and so on. But I dig the jalapeno ranch dip from Pizza Nova. In terms of just slices, North of Brooklyn and Bitondos are bangers. For larger takeout, I'm going to try Descendant Pizza and Conspiracy Pizza in the next few months. A bigger argument than toppings is style of pizza. Detroit vs New York vs Neapolitan vs Chicago, ect. Chicago to me is hands down the worst (unless you're talking about the thin crust one which is cut into squares) because it's not pizza IMO. It's a tomato soup bowl.

Onto dogs, I don't have them too often but I love Wvrst (okay, it's not exactly considered a hot dog but they have em). The variety is great, love their mustards and topping choices + dip options. Plus, if you like fries, their duck fat fries might be some of the best fries I've ever had. And I love beer, so it's a good spot for me.

Speaking of beers, the brewery scene in Toronto has blown up. I've been hitting up a lot recently, Blood Brothers and Left Field have been my favourites for just beers but some of them have AMAZING food options. Laylow has a Trini fried chicken double that was amazing. And Indie Ale House has a dope burger with pork belly.

I'm surprised I'm not fatter.

This thread has been extremely quiet as of late.
Chlorophyl and Mochas are 30% off on Nike.ca
https://www.nike.com/ca/t/air-jordan-3-retro-shoe-DNTBn2om/136064-122

I wanted the mochas at that price, but my size is gone =[

Past few weeks no major sneaker drops so its been quiet all around. The "break" ends this weekend with a few upcoming drops the next few weeks heading into NBA All-Star.

i don't care what any one says, pineapple belongs on a pizza

I've had it a few times, usually in cases where the other pizza choices were terrible. I don't mind it, but it isn't a topping I'd pick on my pizza. I'm a pretty basic guy, either just a plain cheese, pepperoni, pep + cheese + green onions, or a margherita.

For options of slices and accessibility, I feel like Pizzaiolo is a cut above the Pizza Novas and so on. But I dig the jalapeno ranch dip from Pizza Nova. In terms of just slices, North of Brooklyn and Bitondos are bangers.

Speaking of beers, the brewery scene in Toronto has blown up.

I love North of Brooklyn. I haven't had a pizza slice since the summer but when I do its usually NOB or Queen Margherita. I've tried Makers Pizza, its cool but I don't see the hype. Brewerys definitely have popped up a lot, especially in the past 2 years. Another sign of the heavy gentrification going on in Toronto like Starbucks, fancy coffee shops, and ice cream shops.

With all this talk about food I suggest everyone should go watch chef David Chang's series Ugly Delicious on Netflix. Especially the first episode on pizza. Really will make you think about the concept of keeping food traditional and whether or not it's overrated.

I would agree Maker Pizza is the best around here.
Descendents is very good too.

Best I've had is Prince Street's square pepperoni slice in NYC ... havent been able to find anything like that around here :frown:

I would agree Maker Pizza is the best around here.
Descendents is very good too.

Best I've had is Prince Street's square pepperoni slice in NYC ... havent been able to find anything like that around here :frown:
Prince St is flames.

That ****ing pepperoni square (super crispy thick cut pep) is crack

Pineapple with cinnamon on it, grilled... Bomb..
Not my preference on the pizza tho..

Greasy slices at places like Bitondos and Lucas in the west end . IL Paesano for a nice cheap slice . If ur feeling fancy Conspiracy w their ramen pizza ... Unbelievable. Pizza Pizza is just cardboard .

So glad Roy made the HOF.

I'll have to try Descendant, shocked I haven't yet since its literally down the street from Queen Margherita. I was in NYC for most of the summer and would walk by Prince St. Pizza 2-3x a week. The lineups turned me off so I never cared to try it. One Saturday morning I walked by at like 10:30 am and there was a mini line. :smh:

So glad Roy made the HOF.

I'll have to try Descendant, shocked I haven't yet since its literally down the street from Queen Margherita. I was in NYC for most of the summer and would walk by Prince St. Pizza 2-3x a week. The lineups turned me off so I never cared to try it. One Saturday morning I walked by at like 10:30 am and there was a mini line. :smh:
Capo says it's unreal, we gotta go some time

Back
Top Bottom