Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Village Pizza on bathurst and dundas is a good spot.

Not a fan of overly packed pizzas, I like tasting the dough and all the ingredients without much sauce or at all.
Needless to say I love a simple italian style arugula and prosciutto with chili oil and some pepper. I could eat
detroit and chicago styles as well obviously but it's not a preference as they tend to be too salty and greasy.

Not a fan of overly packed pizzas, I like tasting the dough and all the ingredients without much sauce or at all.
Needless to say I love a simple italian style arugula and prosciutto with chili oil and some pepper. I could eat
detroit and chicago styles as well obviously but it's not a preference as they tend to be too salty and greasy.

Good point.. sometimes less is more

Good point.. sometimes less is more
Yeah I've tried every single style and when I was a kid I loved the meat lovers thick crust, the chicago deep dish
but the past 5 years I've really gravitated towards neopolitan pizzas. Sicilian's good too, kinda like the grandfather
of chicago deep.

If you're into simple style slices Superpoint on ossington is pretty good. The woman that works there is a **** tho

I also like North of Brooklyn, I liked Maker, but my wife said it was too greasy.

Reminder: Free Fries and bogo Pizza Pizza courtesy of the Raptors today.

I've probably tried like 75% of the craft beer options at LCBO. I'm pretty tired of sour beers. Tired of most IPAs as well.

Been to Amsterdam, Bellwoods, Blood Brothers, Steam Whistle, Mill St., Craft Beer Market, Biermarkt, Beer Bistro, Greater Good, Get Well, Collective Arts in Hamilton, and Rouge River in Markham.

Haven't checked out Maverick yet.

Toronto Street Meat > New York Street Meat

Last edited:
Superpoint is a good spot definitely. NOBrooklyn is pricey but good also.
Libretto arugula and prosc is a solid go to as well for me.

If you're into simple style slices Superpoint on ossington is pretty good. The woman that works there is a **** tho

I also like North of Brooklyn, I liked Maker, but my wife said it was too greasy.

Reminder: Free Fries and bogo Pizza Pizza courtesy of the Raptors today.

I've probably tried like 75% of the craft beer options at LCBO. I'm pretty tired of sour beers. Tired of most IPAs as well.

Been to Amsterdam, Bellwoods, Blood Brothers, Steam Whistle, Mill St., Craft Beer Market, Biermarkt, Beer Bistro, Greater Good, Get Well, Collective Arts in Hamilton, and Rouge River in Markham.

Haven't checked out Maverick yet.

Toronto Street Meat > New York Street Meat

The portions of Toronto Street meat is bigger however I dig the boiled hotdog on a soft steamed bun.. garnish only w that America mustard, got just a little bit of bite to it . Not like the French's mustard..

Forget Japanese Mustard, Japanese Mayo is where its at! Cant go back to regular mayo after having some in my fridge for a bit

I personally love Makers pizza and the Napoli Dynomite is our favorite. We like it so much that we order one to eat in store and one to take home to eat later or the next day lol. Also really like the Fortino's pizza which is surprisingly good. Definitely going to try North of Brooklyn and Descendant.

I cant tell whether I like Maker because its good or because of the fact that it has a link to Matty Matheson and really good branding. Either way their pizza isnt bad by any means but it can get pricey. You can only get the return of the mac on a large for $34~, which is pretty steep for a *** pizza. I went to Gusto 101 on Portland and got their pizza before, it was okay, but their pasta is top notch.

If you want to ball out, Buca would be a good place as well. Fantastic pasta and pizza and they know their stuff.
However, the same meal in Italy would cost literally 1/4th the price. but you know... it is what it is.

I guess while were on the topic of food, Im heading out to Japan in May. Looking to stay away from tourist traps in Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo. Anybody got some recommendations for food in those cities and even good places to shop/thrift?

Capo says it's unreal, we gotta go some time

You got it. Will do when winter is over. :lol:

If this is the spot on the southwest side of Dundas a little but past the McDs, then yeah their stuff is good. Just happened to come across their shop in the summer after walking from Kensington and the group of us were hungry so we stopped there.

If you want to ball out, Buca would be a good place as well. Fantastic pasta and pizza and they know their stuff.
However, the same meal in Italy would cost literally 1/4th the price. but you know... it is what it is.

Tried Buca once, food is good I just didn't feel comfortable dining inside there. :lol:

If this is the spot on the southwest side of Dundas a little but past the McDs, then yeah their stuff is good. Just happened to come across their shop in the summer after walking from Kensington and the group of us were hungry so we stopped there.

Tried Buca once, food is good I just didn't feel comfortable dining inside there. :lol:
Bro, I hate snobby places like those and while it's not even that fancy, I felt the same way... Only been there once.

Yep, that 's the spot just past MCDs. They make it exactly how I like my pizza and their orange sauce was fantastic.

Have y'all tried Assembly pizza? Thet have one in Assembly chef hall but haven't tried it yet.

For everyone wondering.. The Jordan 1 “Hyper Crimson” is releasing tomorrow at footlockers and 306 Yonge FCFS. Nike.ca and footlocker.ca for online. follow me on Twitter and Instagram for up to date info

Was at Buca a few weeks back, wasn't really impressed. Mind you this was just for brunch but found things overpriced and menu riddled with pretention.
On the topic of pizza:
-Pizzaolo is always good for a slice
-Queen Margherita is solid too
-was never a fan of North of Brooklyn, may go back and give em another chance tho

WVRST is excellent

Olde York is the GOAT fish & chips joint in the GTA, I will fight anyone who disagrees lol

Back
Top Bottom