Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Ouch, don't think I'd do that if I ever paid resell on a pair. Prefer the bandana look much more. These prices OD. Unless size 9 dips to 800-900 range, I'll just stick to copping ts x Jordans

That's not their right to assume that people aren't buying to wear. What a customer does with their paid for product is their prerogative. With the exception of a few posters who blatant let it known they resell, people on NT wear their shoes FWIW.

I'm of the belief where it may be worth it to just start paying resale because I don't want to be one of those guys that hangs out at stores all day to kiss *** in order to get a pair *coughs* Concepts *coughs*. Atmos denied all week they were getting them. Threw a bull**** raffle up and hooked up a few usuals under the guise of legitimacy.

I can care less what people do with they money or shoes, but it’s the fact that lots aren’t in it to wear tbh that turn been happening and stock x and the main stream hype of the culture tipped it over the edge.

I feel safe saying that. Bot boys aren’t in it to wear 50-100 pairs. For example. And now more go that route than ever.

I mean we have business mags talking about the snkrs app issues on the on the 85 release

Especially when resell is about 1k and or 800-1000 profit.

90% of these skateshops were too shady for this release and I personally don't agree with nike moving forward to only dropping sb's exclusively at skateshops. I mean I probably appreciate the shops that were more upfront with it "our pairs are only going to loyal vips or skateteam" than the skateshops that say "come sign up for our raffle sizes 4-13 and spend extra $20 to gain extra raffle tickets" and most of those sizes and pairs are already gone.

one local skateshop required you to spend $500 worth of their products to be on the list for a chance to cop. One local skateshop made you donate money to gain raffles, and one of my friends won and they called back again 30 mins later and said sorry you didn't win, we didn't receive any size 8 and no you can't get another size. Another local skateshop is seen wheeling in a cart of the travis dunks into FlightClub after asking people to spend money for extra raffle tickets. Another boutique that got them held an IG raffle and surprise surprise, a Stadium Goods employee won.
How do stores not get a full size run? Like does Nike really send shipments without every size?

There were a bunch of skate shops in the NY/NJ area that rattled them with 1 free ticket and then would give you additional tickets based on how much money you spent in the shop, non refundable. Interesting concept but wonder how Nike would feel about it

Edit: I see that vinotwofour vinotwofour already mentioned this. wonder how many hypebeasts dropped $200+ to lose the raffle

There were a bunch of skate shops in the NY/NJ area that rattled them with 1 free ticket and then would give you additional tickets based on how much money you spent in the shop, non refundable. Interesting concept but wonder how Nike would feel about it
Nj mostly. Nyc skate shops few and far between

Nj mostly. Nyc skate shops few and far between

yeah there were a bunch in Jersey City with this raffle method but I didn't even bother. Figured there would be a crazy amount of raffles at each spot and I don't skate so I wasnt gonna drop a bunch of cash on kicks to risk losing out anyways. I liked them but I was ok missing out.

I would like to say I'd rather a skater win them over me but if we're keeping it real, it was probably 90% hypebeasts who just wanted to resell who entered

yeah there were a bunch in Jersey City with this raffle method but I didn't even bother. Figured there would be a crazy amount of raffles at each spot and I don't skate so I wasnt gonna drop a bunch of cash on kicks to risk losing out anyways. I liked them but I was ok missing out.

I would like to say I'd rather a skater win them over me but if we're keeping it real, it was probably 90% hypebeasts who just wanted to resell who entered
Everyone a reseller nowadays, don’t let the anti resell talk on here fool you. It’s too convenient with the apps

Edit: I see that vinotwofour vinotwofour already mentioned this. wonder how many hypebeasts dropped $200+ to lose the raffle

Local skate shop did a donation raffle. You donated money for a ticket and all money goes to a non-profit instead of them. I trust that they're running an honest raffle, but my opinion is a bit skewed since I've won from their store off a free raffle before.

If it's legit then I lowkey prefer this because it weeds out a lot of people. And if I lose at least it goes to a good cause.

Local skate shop did a donation raffle. You donated money for a ticket and all money goes to a non-profit instead of them. I trust that they're running an honest raffle, but my opinion is a bit skewed since I've won from their store off a free raffle before.

If it's legit then I lowkey prefer this because it weeds out a lot of people. And if I lose at least it goes to a good cause.

I like the donation rule better. I think donation raffle is the best option if you wanna give more tickets to participants. I think Footlocker FLX sucks but I like that in a sense, it gives people who support their business a better chance than someone who just wants shoes if they're hyped/limited.

I would be down with skate shops using that strategy. for every purchase you made in the past to support their shop, you'd get an extra ticket. I'd be tight if I was a skater who buys stuff from the shop weekly/monthly and lost a raffle and a dude who never heard of the shop til a hyped SB dropped came in to randomly buy stuff to win.

90% of these skateshops were too shady for this release and I personally don't agree with nike moving forward to only dropping sb's exclusively at skateshops. I mean I probably appreciate the shops that were more upfront with it "our pairs are only going to loyal vips or skateteam" than the skateshops that say "come sign up for our raffle sizes 4-13 and spend extra $20 to gain extra raffle tickets" and most of those sizes and pairs are already gone.

one local skateshop required you to spend $500 worth of their products to be on the list for a chance to cop. One local skateshop made you donate money to gain raffles, and one of my friends won and they called back again 30 mins later and said sorry you didn't win, we didn't receive any size 8 and no you can't get another size. Another local skateshop is seen wheeling in a cart of the travis dunks into FlightClub after asking people to spend money for extra raffle tickets. Another boutique that got them held an IG raffle and surprise surprise, a Stadium Goods employee won.
What was the name of the boutique
was there a lot of chaos at ny skate shops for this release
haven’t been following anything

So here there's a store (Livestock) that does raffles regularly where you have to go in-store and pickup a card with a unique code on it. For these SBs though, they added that if you wanted an extra card you had to buy something in-store. It got to the point that they were saying the cheapest item was "sold-out" when really they had stock so that customers had to pay more to get an extra card.

*shrugs* It is what it is I guess. The extra card tactic wasn't announced online and only told in person for the full week they ran the raffle (Sun-Fri). Safe to say they made a good amount of $$$$$ last week off socks and accessories. Will be interesting to see if moving forward if they'll continue this for in-demand drops.

Ouch, don't think I'd do that if I ever paid resell on a pair. Prefer the bandana look much more. These prices OD. Unless size 9 dips to 800-900 range, I'll just stick to copping ts x Jordans

For the past 24 hours I've been pondering about paying resell on a pair. Then I finally checked the prices for my size....I'm good. Not paying $1200 for that shoe.

I wonder if someone with multiples would trade for a DS Unkle or Heineken SB. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom