Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Right now as our roster stands of course we don't look very good. But like Lazy said, let's see what we have in October and then make a final judgment.There's still a lot of offseason left, and I believe the Warriors' roster is still gonna be shaken up quite a lot.

On ATH they said Brand would be crazy not to go to Golden State
laugh.gif

20 million is a hell of alot more money man
I don't know if I could pass on that(if I was Brand)

don't believe the hype! brands not coming here.

plus, if we're gonna suck. i want them to REALLYY suck with their young squad. Not those 30-35 win seasons, those sucks even more.

yea if we're going to suck, i hope we REALLY suck so we can get a nice draft pick. drafting between 9-14 sucks.

Originally Posted by daprescription

On ATH they said Brand would be crazy not to go to Golden State
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i was watching the same thing. i'm just interested to see whatthey say on pti; i'd rather hear what kornheiser and wilbon have to say, but i'll settle for adande and mariotti.

I really thought Felton was bigger than he actually is. I don't know anymore. Monta trying to guard 2's is a horrible idea.

Originally Posted by acidicality

yea if we're going to suck, i hope we REALLY suck so we can get a nice draft pick. drafting between 9-14 sucks.

Line-up of

Monta
Marco
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins?

Message to Mullin, go hard after Felton or Crit, a back-up Center wouldn't hurt either

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by acidicality

Line-up of

Monta
Marco
Randolph
Wright
Biedrins?

Message to Mullin, go hard after Felton or Crit, a back-up Center wouldn't hurt either
you know, i never minded a possible line-up of:
Monta
SJax
Al
Wright
Biedrins
Given, we'll get some mismatches here and there, but we could always zone up?

CLIPPERS

[h1]Baron Davis confident he'll be playing with Elton Brand[/h1]

David Zalubowski / AP

Baron Davis today expressed an eagerness to join the Clippers and confidence that he would be teaming up with free-agent forward Elton Brand next season.

The former Golden State guard says teaming up with Brand, who has an offer from the Warriors, was a big reason for agreeing to terms with the Clippers.

By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
12:14 PM PDT, July 3, 2008
Clipper-to-be Baron Davis today expressed an eagerness to join his hometown team and confidence that he would be teaming up with free-agent forward EltonBrand to create a dynamic tandem next season. "I can't wait to have an opportunity to play with one of the best big men in the game and one of thebest underrated big men in the game," Davis said. "It's really a big reason why I wanted to do it. Just having somebody I can give the ball toand make plays."

Davis, 29, a two-time All-Star, is arguably the team's most celebrated free agent. The former Golden State Warrior reached a verbal agreement to play withthe Clippers on Tuesday under a five-year, $65-million contract.

He is from Los Angeles and attended UCLA.

"It means a lot for a kid growing up in the Los Angeles area and to be playing for the Clippers and playing in Southern California because it gives themhope," Davis said. "I want to inspire young kids in the community and do things for the community and it was just time to come home."

Brand, 29, who has played seven seasons for the Clippers, opted out of his contract on Monday to become a free agent and has not reached a verbal agreement tore-sign with the team. He is also being courted by a hefty deal from the Warriors. An agreement with either team is not expected to be reached today.

"I'm not worried," Davis said. "He has to make the decision that's best for him and we all have to respect that. But it would be greatto have him with the Clippers. To have him on the court, the possibilities are endless to be able to win a championship."

not sure how people started talking about colleges in here, but Cal is wack. i've been here since 05, so i'm entering my fourth year this fall.don't believe the hype. this place is so ugly, dangerous, and expensive its disgusting. don't come here. i can't wait to leave. robberies, rapes,and murders happen around campus on the regular. this has to be the ugliest place in california. they care zero about maintenance and cleanliness here--i'mtalking streets, buildings, etc. and cost of living is beyond unreasonable. im paying a stupid amount for my trashy 100 yr old apartment in a crime-filled areawhile friends at uc davis are paying 1/3 of what i'm paying for gorgeous, safe, suburb looking 2 story houses. and girls...none. do yourself a favor: go touc davis or ucla. undergrad degrees don't mean anything these days anyway and more or less you'll learn the same things with identical majors acrossschools.

regarding the post:
roll.gif
@ Davis speaking the word "championship."come on now...even if brand stays: him, davis, and kaman are supposed to even make the playoffs? and even if they get in theyll be 8th and will get swept bythe lakers.

Originally Posted by Beats05

not sure how people started talking about colleges in here, but Cal is wack. i've been here since 05, so i'm entering my fourth year this fall. don't believe the hype. this place is so ugly, dangerous, and expensive its disgusting. don't come here. i can't wait to leave. robberies, rapes, and murders happen around campus on the regular. this has to be the ugliest place in california. they care zero about maintenance and cleanliness here--i'm talking streets, buildings, etc. and cost of living is beyond unreasonable. im paying a stupid amount for my trashy 100 yr old apartment in a crime-filled area while friends at uc davis are paying 1/3 of what i'm paying for gorgeous, safe, suburb looking 2 story houses. and girls...none. do yourself a favor: go to uc davis or ucla. undergrad degrees don't mean anything these days anyway and more or less you'll learn the same things with identical majors across schools.

yea, the neighborhood is kinda wack, but the on campus atmosphere is nice. at davis you get fined if your grass lawn isnt well-kept.

just got back from the roulette table...played nothing but warriors number haha. Barnes and Wright was nice
pimp.gif

any numbers i should play? 27 is a MOST for me every hand. I'll be going back to the table in a bit, theres just nothing to do here in the room besideswatch espn.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mississippi Bullet

Originally Posted by Beats05

not sure how people started talking about colleges in here, but Cal is wack. i've been here since 05, so i'm entering my fourth year this fall. don't believe the hype. this place is so ugly, dangerous, and expensive its disgusting. don't come here. i can't wait to leave. robberies, rapes, and murders happen around campus on the regular. this has to be the ugliest place in california. they care zero about maintenance and cleanliness here--i'm talking streets, buildings, etc. and cost of living is beyond unreasonable. im paying a stupid amount for my trashy 100 yr old apartment in a crime-filled area while friends at uc davis are paying 1/3 of what i'm paying for gorgeous, safe, suburb looking 2 story houses. and girls...none. do yourself a favor: go to uc davis or ucla. undergrad degrees don't mean anything these days anyway and more or less you'll learn the same things with identical majors across schools.

yea, the neighborhood is kinda wack, but the on campus atmosphere is nice. at davis you get fined if your grass lawn isnt well-kept.
to add to that i like how the neighborhood basically is the campus. here at ucsd if you don't have a car or know people that do, your sociallife is **+*%%, because there's barely anything to ever do on campus, and the campus is hella isolated from everything else, and the city of La Jolla isfull of snobby rich people. plus, having nice sports teams is a huge plus for Cal.

although i do hear of people getting mugged and robbed at Cal all the time..

Back
Top Bottom