Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Still my favorite Indiana Jones film though I know it's also probably the worst (never seen Crystal Skull because of the terrible reviews and I refuse to acknowledge it)

With you on Crystal Skull. Doesn't exist to me. The Indy movies will always be a trilogy to me.

Brother Grimsby is doing terrible. Had a $80 million budget as well :lol:

Not surprised. And I think SBC is generally hilarious. But I have no interest in seeing that movie in the theater. I'll catch it when I can watch it at home.

Spielberg is the gold standard of quality films. Been saying it. You think good movies, Spielberg's usually behind it.

Spielberg, QT, wes andersen, and fincher are my 4 guys who are pretty much always going to give you a high quality movie (only counting guys who have been doing it for 10+ years)

Nolan, QT, fincher, coens, Spielberg and Scorsese are must sees

I know what I'm getting out of del toro

I got some free time.. It's time to watch some movies.. First up is..

martian-9.jpg

I'm very serious about film: Excel spreadsheet on what I've watched in the past few weeks and will watch:

Last edited:
I use to log all of the movies I've watched and books I read.

Just couldn't keep up with it. Plus sometimes I'd watch a movie that already started and never get the title. There's at least 20 movies I've seen that way and just don't know the name :lol:

Really hasn't been many must sees for me 2 months and change in to the year. Might have to go back and check those lists of Indie movies that get posted in here :nerd:

Bout to finally get in to/finish Narcos though :smokin After the first ep of Hap & Lenoard simply didn't click with me

Last edited:
I've actually started logging the films & books I watch/read this year :lol:

Sadly, the only movies I've watched thus far are The Godfather Epic & 2 animated flicks :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I tried that last year, found that it encouraged me to watch movies to boost the list. Had like 25 at the end of January

I don't have a "complete" list of what I've watched, but I do have s few spreadsheets I track and on those I notate seen or not. Like a Top 250 list, and an upcoming list, and top 250 Box Office list, etc.

No idea how I could track a thorough and complete list of every movie I've seen. Maybe someday I'll look into trying.

My research process is wide-reaching.

Example: I liked Nolan's Memento, researched his other work, liked Insomnia, researched similar films, found X/Y/Z directors, watched their films, checked out their actors' other films, etc.

Pretty exhausting, but I've come across some gems that are rarely discussed. My top favorites are usually rated 6/10 through 7.8/10 on IMDB.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Mind blown that anyone would voluntarily create a spreadsheet. I get annoyed if I even have to look at an Excel document.

Mind blown that anyone would voluntarily create a spreadsheet. I get annoyed if I even have to look at an Excel document.

:lol: I take it you haven't heard of my spreadsheets? :nerd:

I have them for EVERYthing. Shoes, Cards, movies, Draft, Dolphins, Lakers, Cubs, Canes, Money, Fantasy, other teams' drafts, Cowboys (wife) Yankees (Proshares), BCS, Calvin, Box Office and tons more.

Been at my job 11 years. That's a lotta breaks, lunches, Saturdays, overtime, free time, etc. Helped me learn things I need for work, while also helping me track things that interest me.

Good to know there are some huge movie enthusiast. I be talk talking to my friends and say stuff like "xyz is directing this which he also directed this and he first started with this one" give me the :stoneface: stare :lol:

Last edited:
I've been sleeping on the vice and viceland youtube channels. So many episodes of interesting stuff. I would only randomly watch a few episodes here and there before. There's new stuff like the one about parents with kids sick with cancer who keep them high with weed to reduce their pain. There was an old one about how serious gaming was in North Korea and a gamer who tried to kill himself. Currently watching one about a theme park in China that is all little people. My favorite one I watched was about Truck Stop Strippers though. The two women who tried it out were the goods.

Last edited:
I had a website which acted as a move database which I created to log everything. Used to be a web developer so did it as a learning experience also. Had cover images, plot descriptions, ratings, genre, movie director and year made for every movie. Decided not to renew my domain since I moved countries and needed to save as much as possible

Back
Top Bottom