Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Netflix is producing these flicks like Mowgli, Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, & this affleck flick that will hit theaters for a time then drop on their service. I like this idea bcs for hardcore film fans, they'll get to see it on the big screen & then at home... Love this cast...

Is Game Night funny in its entirety? Watched the beginning and thought it was hilarious, but felt it start to taper a little when the story got going.

Anyone seen this? Loosk really good.

LA critics awards for what it's worth...
PICTURE: Roma
Runner-up: Burning

DIRECTOR: Debra Granik, Leave No Trace
Runner-up: Alfonso Cuarón, Roma

ACTOR: Ethan Hawke, First Reformed
Runner-up: Ben Foster, Leave No Trace

ACTRESS: Olivia Colman, The Favourite
Runner-up: Toni Collette, Hereditary

SUPPORTING ACTOR: Steven Yeun, Burning
Runner-up: Hugh Grant, Paddington 2

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk
Runner-up: Elizabeth Debicki, Widows

SCREENPLAY: Nicole Holofcener and Jeff Whitty, Can You Ever Forgive Me?
Runner-up: Deborah Davis and Tony McNamara, The Favourite

ANIMATION: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Runner-up: Incredibles 2

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: Burning and Shoplifters (tie)

DOCUMENTARY / NON-FICTION FILM: Shirkers
Runner-up: Minding the Gap

NEW GENERATION: Chloe Zhao

FILM EDITING: Joshua Altman and Bing Liu, Minding the Gap
Runner-up: Alfonso Cuarón and Adam Gough, Roma

CINEMATOGRAPHY: Alfonso Cuarón, Roma
Runner-up: James Laxton, If Beale Street Could Talk

PRODUCTION DESIGN: Hannah Beachler, Black Panther
Runner-up: Fiona Crombie, The Favourite

MUSIC/SCORE: Nicholas Britell, If Beale Street Could Talk
Runner-up: Justin Hurwitz, First Man

DOUGLAS E. EDWARDS INDEPENDENT/EXPERIMENTAL FILM/VIDEO: The Green Fog from directors Evan Johnson, Galen Johnson and Guy Maddin

SPECIAL CITATION: The Other Side of the Wind

CAREER ACHIEVEMENT: Hayao Miyazaki

Bumblebee movie is actually reviewed well

Welps I have a lot of movies to watch in the theaters over the holidays now

Bumblebee
Into The Spider Verse
Aquaman

Should be nice.

I really wanted to like Leave No Trace as I'm generally into movies in that space. But I found it incredibly slow and just dull for the most part. Found myself checking the time on my phone a few different times at the theater.

No love for Mary poppins :ohwell:
th

I think for the year I have The Mule, Aquaman, Bumblebee, and Marwin. MAYBE hit Creed or that Wahlberg family movie.

Working from home & had House Of D on which was playing on one of the pay channels... Interesting that it was written & directed by David Duchovny... Could've been really good but I liked it none the less. Great cast with Robin Williams (RIP) & Dave's wife Tea Leoni one of the baddest AWGs... Also had Anton Yelchin, RIP... Nice performance from Erykah Badu. Really really liked her singing the Allman Bros' Sweet Melissa.

What movies is everyone looking forward to this coming week and next?

For me it's The Mule, Vice, Bumblebee Aquaman and Spider-Verse.

AMC a-list will come in clutch this month.

Agreed. A-List is awesome. If only Regal would do something I live 2 blocks from one...

Working from home today.. Just have the TV on & Kelly & Ryan are on... They just had Regina King on & she's a vision in pink... :evil::wow:

Also, couldn't find anything to watch the other night while wrapping Christmas gifts so I threw on Netflix's Okja... I love that flick. It's so refreshing original...

Last edited:
Anyone guilty pleasure watch Dirty John on Bravo? My lady watches and I find myself watching with her :lol: .

The Mule & Vice for sure. Couldn't care less about Bumblebee & Aquaman. Spider-Verse I'll wait til hits online/demand.

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse 7/8 - Easily the best Spider-Man movie of all time. The animation is great. The cast is great. Sony killed it with this one. I'll be seeing it multiple times (shout out A-List!!!).

Back
Top Bottom