Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

And season 1 is like 25 episodes so by todays standards 2 1/2 seasons of GREATNESS

ON NETWORK!!!!!
Strongest argument yet, if you told me a show was two seasons but great, I’d watch.

The problem is here that you are right but, after I get done with that “25 Ep of greatness”… there’d be no finality like there would be with a great two-season show, here I’d get 25 Eps of great and then wait until Season 6 where it had long gotten over killed.

I guess I don’t know where people stand on Seasons 3-5 if they don’t match up to 1-2.

tonight

1677718377660.png

Strongest argument yet, if you told me a show was two seasons but great, I’d watch.

The problem is here that you are right but, after I get done with that “25 Ep of greatness”… there’d be no finality like there would be with a great two-season show, here I’d get 25 Eps of great and then wait until Season 6 where it had long gotten over killed.

I guess I don’t know where people stand on Seasons 3-5 if they don’t match up to 1-2.
Seasons 3-5 were good enough to keep me interested and caring about the series, but there definitely was a drop off in quality from the 1st two seasons. And there were some episodes in each of those seasons that were just kind of duds. All the episodes of seasons 1 and 2 are bangers.

I was speaking just on season 1.

The whole series is great and the ending is better than GoT

Finally watched Halloween Ends.

What a stupid film.

How Michael Myers guest starring in his own movie and the finale at that?

My biggest takeaway from the flick is that Michael Myers firmly belongs here:

How you go from taken out a whole vigilante mob in Halloween Kills to getting washed by an emo teenager and getting got by a grandma in this one?

Corey pulled up on Mike in his own lair and took his mask with minimal resistance like

giphy.gif

Should've just kept him dead when Laurie and crew trapped him in the basement dungeon.

Halloween Ends was actually different though, the script and acting in Halloween Kills were catastrophic. Neither were good. And no way it’s the end.

I don’t remember people really hating on S8 of GOT until ‘after’ the one person killed the one person by the tree. It was the worst season, but I stand by S1-S8, Ep. 3. After that they were lost.

And yet s4 still managed to be amazing.

:lol: Please. Show was going downhill WAY before s8. Standing by s5-s7 is no better.

5-7 certainly started to slant after the book stuff, but it also had Hardhome, Hodor, and Battle of the Bastards etc. Holes for sure, but it still brought a ton of heat. If S8 pays off, then those seasons get overlooked just fine. Since 8 crashed, people start goin back and dissecting, I know I did. I asked why the hell S7 even took place if not one thing came of it. :lol:

5-7 certainly started to slant after the book stuff, but it also had Hardhome, Hodor, and Battle of the Bastards etc. Holes for sure, but it still brought a ton of heat. If S8 pays off, then those seasons get overlooked just fine. Since 8 crashed, people start goin back and dissecting, I know I did. I asked why the hell S7 even took place if not one thing came of it. :lol:
Sounds more and more like LOST the more you try to explain it.

Ain't no defending it. Writing went to **** and then off a cliff the second they ran out of books. Way more style than substance.

Oh no sir, I don't stand by S8.

S1-S7 I'm cool with. I'm still waiting for S8 to drop. :wink:
Nah, Master Zik Master Zik 's point still stands. I've seen you recommend GoT to people WITH THE DISCLAIMER of your opinion on where they should stop.

You're choosing to say 'Up to this point' on one show, but 'Ending sucked so the whole thing sucked' on another show.

STANDARD
STANDARD

Back
Top Bottom