OJ Sentencing on CNN right now

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I'd be curious to know...what's the average sentence "normal" people who commit armed robbery and kidnapping in vegas get?
Dude was found GUILTY of 12 counts of robbery, kidnapping and weapons charges.

Kidnapping by itself is a life sentence with no parole for five years.

Robbery convictions carry mandatory two-year sentences, plus an additional year, at minimum, for use of a deadly weapon.

The burglary conviction carries a mandatory two- to 15-year sentence and a possible fine of up to $15,000.

The coercion convictions carry mandatory one- to six-year sentences and a possible fine of up to $5,000.

The assault convictions carry mandatory one- to six-year sentences and a possible fine of up to $5,000.

Conspiracy to commit kidnapping carries a mandatory one- to six-year sentence and a possible fine of up to $5,000.

Conspiracy to commit robbery carries a mandatory one- to six-year sentence and a possible fine of up to $5,000.

Conspiracy to commit a crime is a gross misdemeanor that carries a possible probationable one-year sentence and/or $2,000 fine.
smh.gif
at people saying this is a RACIAL thing. Get the hell out of here with that bull. Why always gotta pull out the race card?

IMO OJ deserves everything he received. How you going into someone's hotel with armed goons and pretend there is nothing wrong with that?

Law isn't your Forte is it?
Then why don't you enlighten us instead of spitting out 6 words?

People all butt hurt because Oj didn't get off AGAIN?????
grin.gif

Who the hell cares if he was set up or not, once AGAIN he put himself in a situation to get himself thrown in jail, last time he got off and people DIED. Andyou think OJ is being treated unfairly? What about Nicole? Or Ron, or Nicole's kids, or the rest of their families? Oh, but poor OJ.

Gotta be kidding me with this race card bs.

He was given his get outta jail free card, he's been livin his life for years and yet still managed to get himself locked up. Do I think he was set up? Yes. Do I care? No.

Call it Karma. It gets you everytime.

Rot in prison OJ. Look for the "real" killer in there.

Again, all of you that are so sure that OJ is guilty of murder obviously don't know the facts of the case. Look into a documentary called The OverlookedSuspect or a book called OJ is Guilty, But Not of Murder.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

smh.gif
White people getting happy about this. Racism still alive they just be concealing it.
Yeah, we are so racist in this country. I mean, the #1 athletes are black, the #1 entertainer (and richest) is a black woman, even the presidentis black....but I guess that just means we're all still racist.

Cut it out.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Again, all of you that are so sure that OJ is guilty of murder obviously don't know the facts of the case. Look into a documentary called The Overlooked Suspect or a book called OJ is Guilty, But Not of Murder.

Who paid for the documentary? OJ?

If you really think he's innocent then you are foolish and I feel sad for you.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Again, all of you that are so sure that OJ is guilty of murder obviously don't know the facts of the case. Look into a documentary called The Overlooked Suspect or a book called OJ is Guilty, But Not of Murder.

tired.gif
I see you have really done your research. Thorough investigation.

Jason Simpson

NYelectric wrote:
Originally Posted by CP1708

NYelectric wrote:

tired.gif

I see you have really done your research. Thorough investigation.

The same documentaries you've seen, I've seen the opposite's where they show he was the only person who could have done it. It's called slant. You and I could start a documentary right now and blame it on the taliban and make it believable.
laugh.gif

2 sides, every story, blah blah.

Nobody else with a motive, no other suspects really surfaced, innocent people don't flee police, and by now, someone, SOMEONE by now woulda said somethingif they knew someone else did it. A story like that someone woulda had to talk. imo

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy in our country, but it just seems that some are just reluctant to see minorities have any sense of power orinfluence.

They even tried to bring down Michael Jordan. Oh and I almost forgot about Michael Vick, that brother went to jail for dogfighting. But we legally sanctionkilling of deers, moose and other animals.

There is really no reason for me to argue about this with you. It's not just a documentary, it is an investigation conducted by a decorated privateinvestigator that has lasted for more than ten years. Saying that no one else had a motive and that no other suspects surfaced suggests to me that you knowvery little about this case. I can't be sure that he didn't murder them, like you can't be sure that he did. That's the basis of our justicesystem. I would suggest opening yourself up to some new theories rather than being sure after doing very little research.
The evidence against him suggests to me that he didn't do it, but was there. That's the basis of the Jason Simpson theory.

Oh and I almost forgot about Michael Vick, that brother went to jail for dogfighting. But we legally sanction killing of deers, moose and other animals.
Mike Vick had the option to legally hunt animals, he chose to illegally fight dogs instead. What's your point?

He had to be convicted to receive that sentence. Those minimums (which are not accurate) do not have to be served consecutively.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

smh.gif
White people getting happy about this. Racism still alive they just be concealing it.
Yeah, we are so racist in this country. I mean, the #1 athletes are black, the #1 entertainer (and richest) is a black woman, even the president is black....but I guess that just means we're all still racist.

Cut it out.

Some of you still are.

seriously what kind of person would come out with a book titled (even if it were untrue or for financial reasons)

If_I_did_It_2.png

the man lost his self-respect(something many still prize and uphold believe it or not) long time ago, and with that problems always follow, especially if youcan't reconcile your inner demons as a free man.

Originally Posted by GhostWriter

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy in our country, but it just seems that some are just reluctant to see minorities have any sense of power or influence.

They even tried to bring down Michael Jordan. Oh and I almost forgot about Michael Vick, that brother went to jail for dogfighting. But we legally sanction killing of deers, moose and other animals.
I repeat:

#1 athlete - Tiger Woods (in the whitest sport known to man)
#1 TV star - Oprah (most of her audience is white women)
#1 movie star - Will Smith
President - black guy

Black people have hid behind the race card for years as a convenient excuse for not being successful, or blaming other people for their problems. But slowly,over those years of supposed racial oppression, black people became the most visible figures in many areas. But at some point the culture has to recognize thelapses in judgement of the individuals in that culture, rather than stand behind them as if there is some sort of secret war on that culture.

smh.gif
Yeah, we are so racist in this country. I mean, the #1 athletes are black, the #1 entertainer (and richest) is a black woman, even the president is black....but I guess that just means we're all still racist.

Cut it out.
A bunch of entertainers and the president who basically ran against Bush for a 3rd term:
Obama is a very intelligent man and will make a good President, but him being elected is beside the point. You can't use one example of professionalsuccess and say that it voids all racism in this country It's not like everyone serving under Obama is black.

When 13% of fortune 500 CEOs are black ,then we will bury racism in the annals of history. Until then,
indifferent.gif

He had to be convicted to receive that sentence. Those minimums (which are not accurate) do not have to be served consecutively.
Not all of them are being served consecutively, so I fail to see your point,

Morally I say OJ is probably gettin what his dumb $%@ deserves. Legally he is absolutely getting railroaded. And lol at people talking about what they"think". It has never been about what you think or what anyone thinks (outside of the judge and jury, relative to the case at hand) for that matter.If it was OJ would've been in jail for life a long time ago. What's proven is important here and what is proven is that he is innocent of that murder.With that said, I don't see how anyone can look at the facts of this case, a case to be tried as if his murder case never existed, and say OJ deserves 15years. I am positive on appeal the sentence will be reduced and he will likely be out in less time.

I'm really indifferent when it comes to OJ. When he was acquitted I wasn't happy that he got off, I was happy that a black man was able to win due tothe merits of his case. Had a better case been put together against him and he was sent to jail I wouldn't have cared. Today It's sad yet funny to seepeople happy that their own sense of "justice", guided by whatever ill conceptions have tainted their moral compass (racism, anger, ignorance,whatever have you), takes precedent over the sense of justice that the legal system of our country is supposed to portray. You know the one in place to protectus all as Americans, and not give headway to our own devices. God forbid any of you get in a tight situation lol. Oh how the song you sing will change.

Not all of them are being served consecutively, so I fail to see your point.

Yes you do.

Yes he was sentenced to consecutive sentences hence the minimum of 9 years, he won't serve them consecutively though, you are correct. You are aware it wasan all white jury.

You can go believing that this is fair, but I assure you it isn't. He will not serve half of the years he was sentenced to.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

smh.gif

Cut it out.

Some of you still are.
Same could be said of you for making stupid, racist statements.

Back
Top Bottom