Peloton Bike

I'm clearly out of shape. When Im in shape Im burning 700 calories. When I first started, I was burning 7k calories.

CA1610C1-F517-48D3-9305-6ADFEFC095C4.png

I did research and that "peloton" bike apparently costs 2 thousand American dollars.

Opee you could have gotten 2 very good real bicycles for that

If that's true I would have gotten a squat rack, bench, olympic weight set, some dumbbells/kettlebells, a fan resistance bike or treadmill and had hundreds of dollars to spare. I would never spend $2K for one piece of equipment. That's insane.

If that's true I would have gotten a squat rack, bench, olympic weight set, some dumbbells/kettlebells, a fan resistance bike or treadmill and had hundreds of dollars to spare. I would never spend $2K for one piece of equipment. That's insane.

These type of comments in a forum formed from the idea of paying for overpriced sneakers and clothes is always HIlarious to me....I get it though, we pick and chose what’s acceptable for us to over spend on.

I think Nikes & Jordans are fairly priced and I would be receptive to a price hike.

:smile:

Is this about to be the offish peloton thread y’all?

:nerd:

NT has evolved into its final boujee stay at home white mom form.

This machine was definitely marketed for the boujee soccer mom with the Suburban and 3.5 million dollar home, the commercials are filmed in these beautiful home/apts...all that aside, you’d be surprised at how effective and fun it is, get yourself a heart rate monitor so you can track your zones...most useful thing I’ve learned from doing Orange Theory for 2 months..lol

No doubt everything about the bike is nice, that’s not debatable. I’m just happy I’m easily self motivated an the less fancy the more I like. I’m old school

That seat do look type small.

I don’t think it can accommodate all this here meat b.

Guess I can just throw it over my shoulder.

All you need is a bench or a rack with some weights
You can go running for free run outside fam :lol:

I don’t always have the time with kids/work.

I already have to make time to go lift, taking more time to go back and get my cardio in isn’t always feasible.

All you need is a bench or a rack with some weights
You can go running for free run outside fam :lol:

Speaking formyself here, having a weak knee can really limit high impact cardio like running on Asphalt....ran 8 miles a couple of weeks ago, knee was shot for the next 5 days....as far as a road bike, that is really fun but once again limited to at least decent weather, living in NYC...you can’t rely on a road bike to get a decent ride on consistently.

These type of comments in a forum formed from the idea of paying for overpriced sneakers and clothes is always HIlarious to me....I get it though, we pick and chose what’s acceptable for us to over spend on.

I'm not even talking from a price point perspective. I'm talking from a fitness POV. You can spend $2K on cardio machine or $2K on a home gym with cardio. OP was talking about getting back into shape. A bike ain't gonna get you far unless you're trying to only build endurance and decrease blood pressure. You can get a Schwinn AirDyne on CL for like $50.

Speaking formyself here, having a weak knee can really limit high impact cardio like running on Asphalt....ran 8 miles a couple of weeks ago, knee was shot for the next 5 days....as far as a road bike, that is really fun but once again limited to at least decent weather, living in NYC...you can’t rely on a road bike to get a decent ride on consistently.

There’s this too. I have RA so running leaves my joints all types of ****ed up.

Plus it’s hot AF in AZ. Y’all come run in this heat come Summer time. C’mon down.

I'm not even talking from a price point perspective. I'm talking from a fitness POV. You can spend $2K on cardio machine or $2K on a home gym with cardio. OP was talking about getting back into shape. A bike ain't gonna get you far unless you're trying to only build endurance and decrease blood pressure. You can get a Schwinn AirDyne on CL for like $50.

Yes, this is all facts. I’m not going to cap...

I...just can’t bring myself to buying a regular *** bike.

It HAS to be Peloton.

Quick question what’s the warranty like? What if something breaks? Do they fix it? Will they come to your house and pick it up? Like how does that work?

Anyone who has kids, is there anything on the device like a child lock that prevents function by anyone other than the intended user(s)?

Mike Tyson’s daughter got killed by a treadmill cord. Ever since then I’m super careful with my kids around equipment.

Well the bike itself isn’t the easiest thing to mount and takes some time getting used to, so doubt your kids will be climbing on it, then again, kids are kids, so I’m sure you’ll have to use caution still, warranty I believe is 2 years and has extended option, service is good but I’ve read some horro stories, i personally haven’t had an issue, from my understanding, something breaks, they come and replace it, bike is built like a damn Tank, weighs over 100lbs I’m sure and it’s all one unit...only thing they assembled on it, was the monitor.

Good **** b. This seems like a wise investment. I’ll let y’all know when I pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom