Phone Rings (my invention)... Updates on page 20

***UPDATE 1-4-13***
I'm very inexperienced on ebay but I decided to give it a shot. Any tips on using ebay would definitely be appreciated.

Anyway, ebay link below.
http://my.mobileweb.ebay.com/myebay?cmd=SELLING&pg=1

***UPDATE 12-19-12***
EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK!!!

View media item 177859 Underneath the ring is an adhesive pad that forms a secure bond with your phone.

In use.
View media item 177864
More pics from shoefreakbaby
View media item 177897View media item 177900View media item 177901

***UPDATE 12-16-12***
I'm in the process of getting ready to ship and I've realized that a few people didn't include their address. I'm going to come back and highlight the users whose address I don't have.

These are the ones I've come across so far:
Diego (address)
B20EG8 (address)

All others, one of these packages WILL be arriving at your residence this week!

View media item 174170
Also, I've got some good news: today I switched to a different/ higher quality material for one of the build components! I made the change based on user feedback and issues I was noticing on my own. You guys will be the first to receive the improved product!

I will be going to the post office around 11:30 tomorrow to drop off the first batch, so anyone that was on the fence, this is your last change to be apart of the first group.

*UPDATE* 12/14/12
After consulting with my lawyer as well as other advisors, I have submitted my patent application to be reviewed by the US Patent and Trademark Office.

View media item 171105
***MUCH THANKS TO THE NTers THAT SUPPORTED ME*** (listed in the OG post)
Your package of the prototype will ship by MONDAY.

Special Thanks to the mods for allowing me to do this, MUCH appreciated.

I've been invited to two events already to promote my product:

The first is at my apartment complex. I've developed a good repoir w/ the apartment manager (she loves my dog) and they are having a resident appreciation/open house, the manager (who purchased some already) will allow me to set up a table tonight.

The second invite was TOTALLY unexpected. My friend sells Mary Kay and last night I tagged along for moral support ( :lol: ) After they were done, I casually showed my product to two of the directors and they loved it! Not only did they buy two, she invited me to set up a table this weekend at another event that she hosts in FL, and also told me that I was welcomed to get a booth at a leadership conference February in Destin, FL!!

As you can tell, I'm motivated and I'm putting my all into this project.
If you're totally clueless, the OG post is below. If you're still interested, refer to the guidelines below to take part in this flagship process.

AGAIN, ALL CONTRIBUTORS (including newcomers) WILL RECEIVE A PRODUCT!!!

I have a GREAT invention and I'm in the process of getting it patented.

Concept:
Do you have a smart phone?
Have you ever dropped your smart phone?
What if I told you that there was a way that you could (virtually) NEVER drop your phone again... For less than the price of a hamburger.

I've tested it in my local market (work/flea market) and it was a hit. I want my NT fam to help me test actual prototypes and give me feedback once the patent is submitted. I'll release all details in this post once I file the patent. I promise, everyone that helps me will receive the product in the mail within a week of patent filing date! (So just think of it as a surprise.)

MUCH THANKS TO THE CONTRIBUTORS SO FAR:
1.Simpleenikki
2.Diego (i need your address)
3.kiickz4dayz
4.SolexSup
5.B20_EG8
6.useref15
7. MitchJam
8. J. Park (i need your info)
9. Irie (i need your address)
10. Wanksta23
11. shoefreakbaby
12. KaliKid
13. Breezylocks
14. Henryswong
15. iLLest
16. Redbox
17. jjs136
18. Kiickz4dayz
19. J Capo

The patent WILL BE SUBMITTED by this Sunday.
ALL PRODUCTS WILL BE SHIPPED TO THE MEMBERS LISTED ABOVE ON MONDAY!

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN HELP!!!!

The cost to file a provisional patent is $324. My goal is to have 100 people to donate $4 (paypal), this donation will secure your item and cover shipping.

Send $4 via Paypal to Email: QMoorman@gmail.com.
Include your SN and real name
Address
Your color choice (Black, red, pink, white, purple, military green, grey, navy)

I'LL POST A LIST OF ALL CONTRIBUTORS AND UPDATE IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!

This product WILL blow up! Think of it as the 2013 version of the Snuggie. I want to be able to say that my favorite site helped me to launch my product. When Kanye and Lebron are sporting theirs, you can proudly say that you owned one before them :lol:

Also, I submitted an application for Shark Tank (basically American Idol for inventors) and they told me that they were done casting for this season, but they'd keep my application on file.

Mods please don't delete. I'm not pocketing ANY of this donations. Actually, I am willing to donate any additional funds to the site. I've been a NT member for 10 years, and if this project succeeds, the site will be that much more awesome to me. I just thought that this would be a fun method to accomplish two feats, build money for the patent/ get documented user feedback.

Thanks NT!

Pic from LegalZoom.com for proof:
View media item 168251
A step further, here's my sign I made:
View media item 169324

Last edited:
What does it do?

I ain't investing till I know what it does :nerd:

And I want 51%.

If I gave 100 people 1% profit, that would leave me with nothing.

If (when) things take off, I will definitely keep my initial supporters/ investors in mind tho. Not going to throw out numbers just yet.

hmmmmmm, does this involve some kind of string/cord attached to the phone

if you can't even raise $324 on your own, either by saving a little here and there or selling sneakers, then . . . ?

this is just to file your patent. you still need to put your potential product . . . into production: create the product, package it, sell it, ship it.

that's going to cost more than $324 (in time, labor and materials) just to say you have an idea and then put a product in my hands to be able to buy.

do you have a timeline from when you file your patent to have a sell-able product you can put in a customer's hand?

if you're looking for investors, then do you have a pitch or presentation or prototype of your product to convince me / us to buy in and support you?

Last edited:
OP I donated 10 bucks. One for every year youve been on NT. If you wouldve been here 324 years I wouldve covered all of your expenses.
I sent the money as a gift and took care of the 59 cent fee.

Remember the little people if and when you do blow up.

So what is the product exactly? 
laugh.gif
 I would like to know first. All you said was it will allow you to never top your phone. 

if you can't even raise $324 on your own, either by saving a little here and there or selling sneakers, then . . . ?

For real, how are you gonna be able to afford production etc if you cant even scrape together $324 without asking strangers online for handouts?

Back
Top Bottom