Pics from my trip to San Francisco. Sick place to visit, put it on your list. Warning large pics

Love my city
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm writing a story that's set in San Francisco

So the pics are appreciated

I feel like re-writing a few scenes now

Grimlock, who'd you go with ? seems like a nice place to visit w/ your lady. Those hills are INSANE.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Thing is, many people complain about the weather...But I've learned to love it.

There aren't really seasons here
laugh.gif
. I went to Davis/Sac and it was hot like a mug-mug, couldn't wait to return to the fog.
Whats the weather like? I've always wanted to look into SF (just in case theres an opportunity out there) but im worried that it might get too hot for me. I hate hot weather and am tired of muggy DC summers. Only nice time out here is winter except the damn snow.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

laugh.gif
. I went to Davis/Sac and it was hot like a mug-mug, couldn't wait to return to the fog.
Whats the weather like? I've always wanted to look into SF (just in case theres an opportunity out there) but im worried that it might get too hot for me. I hate hot weather and am tired of muggy DC summers. Only nice time out here is winter except the damn snow.

SF goes past 90 degrees once or twice a year.  it's pretty much 50-70 all year-round.

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Grimlock, who'd you go with ? seems like a nice place to visit w/ your lady. Those hills are INSANE.
Honestly the pics I took don't do S.F.'s hills justice...at all.  All i'm saying is that people in S.F. that live in houses on these hills must have some strong legs.  If my cardio game wasn't somewhat okay I would've had to wait for the cable cars or a bus to go up them.  One of the best parts of S.F. for me was the hills...on top of Lombard, and near coit tower were some spectacular views.
I went with my male cousin because we've both been planning a trip for the longest time so we ended up with S.F., Vancouver, and Amsterdam.  I have no qualms settling on S.F.

I would def recommend going to S.F. with a lady though...def a romantic spot.  But there are alot of places to go with just your boys.

I went through golden gate park and I had no idea how seriously dudes took ultimate frisbee out in S.F.  next time I come through  I say summit and ultimate frisbee
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif

i think the weather is the best part of SF.

i love foggy/gloomy cold weather
laugh.gif
I really don't get how people think SF is cold. I'm out here in Santa Barbara and its the SAME weather (60-70 degrees in the morning, 50-55 at night) and people here consider it paradise. It's only foggy in the morning and late at night, unless you live near the marina. Would you guys really prefer 80+ on daily basis 
sick.gif
 hot weather sucks @#$% especially when you have to park and then walk a bunch of blocks in dress clothes to get to work (which is what I had to do)
Plus it never gets "cold" or hot no matter what time of the year it is. You can be out in basketball shorts in december, something you can't say for any major city in the world besides LA, Miami, and a few others
It's not that it's "cold".  It's the wind chill factor that kills most people.  I went to Alcatraz last summer in a pea coat and was burning up.  By the time I was on the island and the sun started to set, I was freezing out of my mind.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

laugh.gif

SF goes past 90 degrees once or twice a year.  it's pretty much 50-70 all year-round.

I've been to the Bay Area like 7 times in the past 3 years. Usually stayed about a week+ each time.
SF/Berkeley are my 2 fave cities in Cali. SF is #2 in the World.

But more than anything, it's SF's indescribably perfect climate that makes me want to leave NYC for SF.

S.F ..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm doing the opposite from OP...I'm from S.F. and finally take a trip out to NYC to visit my fam's out there in OCT, people been telling me how S.F & NYC are pretty similar ..kinda excited
happy.gif

The fog was a god send a couple of weekends ago.

We went out in the City were staying out there cuz my wife had a photoshoot to do. I have no idea how/when we got back to the hotel, but she woke me up and I had to bounce before her shoot started. Slept on the roof of the hotel outside for like 2 more hours. Comfortably.

2s1u1l1.jpg

11awims.jpg

2e51wfa.jpg

16lxxk7.jpg

2wnqlmw.jpg

to have a rooftop view living in one of these houses out in S.F. is sooo piff
141seit.jpg

6rhdae.jpg

zmiall.jpg

2lszn5w.jpg

1182hk5.jpg

2n88o3t.jpg

2samfk1.jpg

24xf6uo.jpg

244353b.jpg
laugh.gif

11j5c12.jpg

24mt53o.jpg

this is their citibank MIND=BLOWN
2h6hbx5.jpg

laugh.gif
95% you'll never worry about a "HOT" day. Downtown area is normally 60-70, Sunset is colder (50's).
Wearing a hoodie/zip up is always nice. If you're too warm in the day time, it's not too big of a hassle to hold it, because it'll definitely come in handy at night when it gets a little chilli.

I consider it a luxury where we can experience warm and cold during a single day, other cities may not offer this.

Dope. Hated San Fran the 1st time I visited. 2nd time was one of the best times I've had overseas. Appreciated.

Was expecting Ninjahood sized pics. Am Disappoint.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Honestly the pics I took don't do S.F.'s hills justice...at all.  All i'm saying is that people in S.F. that live in houses on these hills must have some strong legs.  If my cardio game wasn't somewhat okay I would've had to wait for the cable cars or a bus to go up them.  One of the best parts of S.F. for me was the hills...on top of Lombard, and near coit tower were some spectacular views.
I do the majority of my runs in the city, and it has definitely improved my running. I used to race the cable cars up Powell St. numerous months ago.
laugh.gif

But, yes, DOOOOPE pics, Sir! 
pimp.gif

I love SF (and its weather)!

Glad you had a good time in the city. You seemed like you hit up all the spots that needed to be visited to enjoy it. 
FYI, I wouldn't even bring a girl here, I'd chop it up with one in a bar on Mission (of course it entirely depends on if you can pull one) and have a lil fling for a few days and have her personally show you around. There's a good mix of hipster, black, hispanic, and asian (filipino) girls around that way or you can hit up Fillmore for the more classy girls.

Good pics and a good city. I visited there in April for the first time as well. Lots of fun and stuff to do, I really enjoyed just walking around and stuff.

2samfk1.jpg

Did you stay in the Westin St. Francis? That was the view from my room in the Westin, haha.

I love the city, you will see non like it in America.

25tvp95.jpg

Waiting an hour and 30 minutes for breakfast at Mama's 
alien.gif

35hfixe.jpg

toast - yup I stayed at the Westin...took the damn elevator to the top like everyday I was there to look over union square and beyond.

That line was nothing...me and my cuz faced a line every morning to get some breakfast at Dottie's....we weren't bought that life so we went to olympic diner around the corner...omlettes were horrendous but the banana pancakes were good

DaNikeRhino...one of the places we didn't get to hit up on this trip was the mission....no burritos or tacos or just roaming around over there...wish we did but something to look forward to next time.

I actually %+!%%#! miss S.F. right now...I just came back to reality and need to get %%!! done over here in nyc. I'm actually considering going to USF for grad school but idk how rent is over in san fran but I know I could get around with their metro system over there which makes it appealing to me.

pimp.gif
Going out there labor day weekend for 2 days.

Keep saying SF would be one city I would relocate to for work, we'll see if that's actually true once visited lol.

Nice pics, bro. SF is by far my fav city in the U.S... clean for the most part, very liberal, diverse (tons of Asians
laugh.gif
), lots of things to do, just a good overall atmosphere... and the weather is perfect.

Been to SF 4 times in my life, planning to make a fifth trip out there sometime next summer... would love to live there.

Back
Top Bottom