Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

If you work for the Gov't (city, state, federal), ALL THE BOOKS GET COOKED, no one is trying to lose funding for no reason.

Oh yea, if you have enough money................you can beat ANY case, with a couple of phone calls.

derek jeter's crib is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

insurance agents are some of the biggest liars out there. 

only permanent life insurance carries a living benefit or cash value... temp insurance ftl

- Most Executives at the Fortune 500 Companies I've worked with do not know how to use Microsoft Excel or Powerpoint
- Banks are becoming more and more leinant when giving large corporate loans, the maturities are extending and interest rate spreads are dropping dramatically on these loans.
- The government made a ton of money on the financial bailout. Where this money went, no one knows.
- Coal will reamain America's #1 source of electricity by a far margin for AT LEAST the next 100 years
- It is possible to work a PC entirely without a mouse for an full work day, I've learned to do so
tons more but my brain is fried

The Beer business:

75% of the cost of your beer....is government taxes. (in MOST states)

If you care about the freshness of your beer (although most people dont) make sure to check the pull date on the package. The rotation of the beer is up to the salesmen, merchadisers, and retailers...and no one really wants to do it.

Graphic Design business:

Have a general idea of what you actually want before you contact a designer. The quickest way to lose the designers respect and attention is to say things like "youre the designer, just make it look good".

If you contact a designer for a logo job, thinking that its gonna cost you no more than $200....dont bother. Ask your cousin who thinks he can draw.

If you DO find a designer to design your logo for $200...just realize that you get what you pay for. Trust me, its worth it to pay more.
PS - GREAT thread, im amazed something like this hasnt been done before. Kudos to the OP.

Originally Posted by hawtsauce

diamonds and jewelry are priced exceedingly higher than what the company pays for them. some pieces sold for well over 1000% higher than what the company paid to put it together
^ on point,  x5.. i work for tiffany, and the difference in sale and manufacturing numbers are
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Not working actually in school but...

Air conditioning in your house actually isn't blowing cold air in your crib, it is the process of refrigeration by the removal of heat.

My homegirl told me this about Dominos,
-You can put ANY kind of cheese on your pizza free of charge
-Your food will most likely end up falling before it's given to you
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

never eat at friendly's... quit that place cause i was digested at every aspect of the place

literally took 1hr for our food to come out. Just talkin in the back like they dont give a $#@!.. You would expect like a discount or something, but nothing. And im pretty sure we tipped them like less than a dollar.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

you're all simps
You're corny.
maybe I should clarify, I meant people that pay retail

Clarify further please.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

-more than half of people don't floss, its a necessity unless you want gum disease, AND YOU DONT WANT GUM DISEASE
-people who opt not to go to the dentist arent doing themselves any favors
-crest white advance white strips are as good as the dentist whitening
-insurance companies are a pain to work with
Thanks for this
pimp.gif

Umm lets see what I got. Not much.

Latex balloons only last 8-10 hours. So dont buy balloons the night before an event thinking they will still be inflated the next day.
If you make an order for balloons to be picked up at 12pm, they are gunna be blown up at 10am, wasting 2 hours of your balloon life.

Thats all I can give

I NEED MORE OF THIS THREAD! MORE!!                     

Retail is all about numbers. Don't think they are trying to provide you a solution, an employee is trying to meet quota.
An employee could care less about your life, they have to see what you say so they could align a lie with you.
No retail is diff from another in terms of managers. The ones that start at GAP end up in high end retailers.

-Check you tires often, it affects your car in more ways then one.
-Just complain and youll get your way.
-They are called wheels, not rims. Rims are a part of the wheel.
Lots of tire knowledge

if you've even been to a rite aid pharmacy before, and we have your name and date of birth....can see exactly what prescriptions you are one

some celebrities have security locks on theirs....some don't

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by sunny559

Caterers & servers at events are sneaky people...
damn right they are.

damn caterers stole my MMA action figures off my custom made UFC wedding cake.  It literally took 3 months, over 30 phone calls and emails to finally get them back.

I mean that sucks...but...you BETTER be an MMA fighter in real life and not just a fan.

Foreign exchange brokerage:

-Best believe flow traders piggyback/speculate when executing client orders
-Traders and Dealers will tear each other apart for one or two forward points on a large spot/forward trade especially at month end and quarter end while in the process sometimes losing the customer
-Options are by FAR the most profitable and BEST financial instruments for a brokerage company to peddle because premiums are paid up front and risk is offset between client and bank. Be careful if you're the client
-Market making is where it's at
-Derivative hedging strategies are great, but companies get greedy and use too much leverage thus essentially becoming speculators.
-Dealers will ALWAYS structure hedging strategies and execute trades that will pay them the most. Huge conflicts of interest.
-Every trader wants to be George Soros when in reality the way to make money is to take profits on positions often
-F what you heard, banks/traders/financial firms LOVE volatility when companies/corporations hate it... funny how that works
-With all this said, foreign exchange is the most competitive business to get into

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

In general, the structure and functionality of our military operations are pretty much crap-tastic.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

#%+%%%% A man i agree, Im infantry and the stuff that i see and how we run things make me wonder how the hell were the strongest army out there.

Back
Top Bottom