Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Oh and American Express Centurion Cards (Black Cards) are a pain in the %#% for card readers. but those things demand respect.
eek.gif
Don't they?? Them things got some weight on them.

Oh and American Express Centurion Cards (Black Cards) are a pain in the %#% for card readers. but those things demand respect.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Sneakerhead14

eek.gif
Word. I remember spazzing the first time I held one. Things are a damn paperweight.  It's crazy, though. These dudes out here thinking they're stunting with their AMEX Gold and Platinum cards always come off  arrogant and act like pompous jackasses. Every dude who's had a Black card has been extremely humble and easy to talk to. Go figure.

eek.gif
Word. I remember spazzing the first time I held one. Things are a damn paperweight.  It's crazy, though. These dudes out here thinking they're stunting with their AMEX Gold and Platinum cards always come off  arrogant and act like pompous jackasses. Every dude who's had a Black card has been extremely humble and easy to talk to. Go figure.
Yup, you'd never even know they had one.
They don't keep it in a Gucci or LV wallet either. Strictly money clips. Lol

eek.gif

gotta agree with this...when i sold tickets at the zoo 2 dudes bought tickets with a Black Card...i've HIGHLY upgraded since then...but still...crazy

pimp.gif
DJ Sphinx wrote:

Originally Posted by f360spyder

A career in immigration law can afford one the ability to purchase a state of the art pool house, 50ft x 20ft personal wave pool, porsche panamera c4s and escalade in cash, within 3 months.

Your an immigration lawyer??? seriously why is it so hard to remain in this country even after completing several several degrees?
No no no lol One of my clients is, ill ask him next time i see him.  Weve spent about 5 years and thousands of dollars trying to get family from overseas to america and he was able to make it happen in less then a year at a fraction of the cost with a call from his personal cell phone.

Originally Posted by OneSole

Originally Posted by Orangatrang

I worked at Nordstrom:

1. Even if you brought it YEARS ago, decades even, we'll most likely return it for you. Heck, you can even get cold hard cash for it.
2. Any clothing item you buy worth more than $25, you can get complimentary hemming on. If the alteration is not complimentary, do it elsewhere. We charge an arm and a leg.
3. Any giftcard you use with a remaining balance of less than $10, we can cash out for you.
4. When all else fails, ask to speak to a manager. We're so concerned with preserving our excellent reputation that we let customers get away with anything.
7. Don't try to steal, because undercover Loss Prevention agents ARE watching you.
8. If we don't have it in our store, make us call around for it. We have to. It's our job.
Yep.  My Ex bought a dress there, wore it twice, and returned it 2 years later with no problems.

WTH? do i need a receipt? i have a sweater that i paid over $200 a year or so ago  for and never wear it anymore...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

eek.gif

gotta agree with this...when i sold tickets at the zoo 2 dudes bought tickets with a Black Card...i've HIGHLY upgraded since then...but still...crazy
So true..You would have never guessed just by looking at them.

Working at a hotel. (Hilton)

Be extremely nice to whoever is at the Front Desk. Although, I will say....you will run into douchbags who work at the FD. Just a part of life. But if you ever need anything and happen to have a somewhat decent person working up front, your courtesy will go along way in terms of them making things happen for you.

We control the rates. We say we can't 'override' them. Yes we can. We have the ability to comp rooms, too. (although that RARELY ever happens without the consent of a superior)

If you're ever travelling and need to go to a restroom, stop at a decent looking hotel. Never stop at a rest stop or a Circle K. You're just looking for an unpleasant experience. Clean and welcoming bathrooms are a must in the hotel industry.

And to you dudes who wanna 'trick' in front of your girl....make sure you have sufficient funds on your card. Nothing's more embarrassing than seeing these dudes try to stunt and have to tell them their card got denied in front of wifey.

Also, use a CC at hotels versus a Debit card. I'll use an example why....

Rate for a room is 149 + tax. The total comes out to...let's say. $161.xx ...well at check-in, we preauthorize more than that amount for incidental reasons...so we'll preauthorize 180-190.

With CC's, that additional 19-29 dollar hold comes off in 24-48 hours.

With Debit cards, that hold can take up to a week to get released back to you.

Which can be a pain in the *^& for you if you have funds tied up. And then you guys wanna blame it on us. Take it up to your bank.
laugh.gif
I already ranted about Debit cards at hotels in here.

What Hilton do you work at?  I work for The Saratoga Hilton

We control the rates. We say we can't 'override' them. Yes we can.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This dude told me last week he wanted 25% of his room taken off the bill because he had a blurry TV
laugh.gif
I said "Honestly thats not something I am prepared to do right now."
alien.gif
Gave him $50 bucks off to get him out of my face.

Adult Entertainment/Strip Club Industry X Event Promotions/Marketing

Adult entertainment is the shadiest business, ON EARTH. Promotions is the next in line. Put them together and you're going to get screwed, unless you're the one doing the screwing.

If you think a stripper likes you, it's because she does. She also likes the last 20 guys she sat with.

No matter how much money you spend in a strip club, there has been a guy there in the last week who spent more. Sure, you might get some VIP treatment for spending a lot, but don't go overboard with the demands. You might be a big shot in your mind but there will be another one in the door before you leave.

That drink that you just bought her, for $16.75, is probably lemonaid with grenadine, she says she's getting wasted but the only thing wasted is your money. She got it for free and is going to split that money with the waitress at the end of the night. It does add up.

Managers at strip clubs will do anything and say anything to get what they want. They are worse than used car salesman, sleaze wise. I know a GM who bought a house for about 1.4 and will be ready to flip out if his tip is $5 shorter than what he wanted at the end of the night.

I know a VIP hostess who has cleared 6 figures for the last 5 years. Whatever you want, she will get, but it's going to cost you.

Outside the HUGE markets like NYC, ATL, Vegas, etc. most strippers don't make THAT much money. There are exeptions to every rule, but generally, they may not be broke but they aren't balling out like some want you to believe.

Despite that Chris Rock song, there IS sex in the champagne room. And after hours, etc.

A lot of the big spenders are genuinely paying for someone to sit with them and talk. It's crazy how lonely some rich guys are.

I'm out of thoughts. Any questions, though, shoot.

Originally Posted by KWIET ONE

Adult Entertainment/Strip Club Industry X Event Promotions/Marketing

Adult entertainment is the shadiest business, ON EARTH. Promotions is the next in line. Put them together and you're going to get screwed, unless you're the one doing the screwing.

If you think a stripper likes you, it's because she does. She also likes the last 20 guys she sat with.

No matter how much money you spend in a strip club, there has been a guy there in the last week who spent more. Sure, you might get some VIP treatment for spending a lot, but don't go overboard with the demands. You might be a big shot in your mind but there will be another one in the door before you leave.

That drink that you just bought her, for $16.75, is probably lemonaid with grenadine, she says she's getting wasted but the only thing wasted is your money. She got it for free and is going to split that money with the waitress at the end of the night. It does add up.

Managers at strip clubs will do anything and say anything to get what they want. They are worse than used car salesman, sleaze wise. I know a GM who bought a house for about 1.4 and will be ready to flip out if his tip is $5 shorter than what he wanted at the end of the night.

I know a VIP hostess who has cleared 6 figures for the last 5 years. Whatever you want, she will get, but it's going to cost you.

Outside the HUGE markets like NYC, ATL, Vegas, SF (famous for their strip clubs) etc. most strippers don't make THAT much money. There are exeptions to every rule, but generally, they may not be broke but they aren't balling out like some want you to believe.

Despite that Chris Rock song, there IS sex in the champagne room. And after hours, etc.

A lot of the big spenders are genuinely paying for someone to sit with them and talk. It's crazy how lonely some rich guys are.

I'm out of thoughts. Any questions, though, shoot.
I'm sorry, but whoever doesn't know most of this simply by having gone to a strip club once in their life is really stupid.

Oh... and you forgot to mention that strip clubs are the biggest scam known to males... the only scam where the person who is getting scammed thinks they're actually doing it, even if they know the strippers got no love for them they only got love for their $.

KWIET ONE wrote:

Outside the HUGE markets like NYC, ATL, Vegas, etc. most strippers don't make THAT much money. There are exeptions to every rule, but generally, they may not be broke but they aren't balling out like some want you to believe.

My friends and I went to Vegas for the first time and hit up the Spearmint Rhino.
2 of them got dates with dancers.  This short, asian stripper was really into my friend.  Picked him up at the hotel in her brand new 350Z and drove him around.  They hooked up in our hotel room.  She was even calling him at the airport before we flew home.  Strippers are some crazy people but they tell the best partying/drug stories.  

If you are currently on time with all your mortgage payments and wish to refinance make sure you check to see if you qualify for the DUREFI+ program. Chances are your rates will be lower if you qualify. Also, research whatever the real estate brokers tell you and shop around. Lastly, Purchasing an adjustable rate mortgage is not a wise decision unless you plan to sell the home within the next few years. Fixed Rate 30 and 15 are the better mortgages or refis for a consumer.

if anyone has hotel hookups in NYC that would be great, or any hookups in NYC for that matter, visiting last week of August
pimp.gif

I work as a research assistant at a top 10 ranked economics department as well as the department of finance. I also work as an economic researcher at a Capital Markets think tank. Basically, you know whenever somebody cites a "study" or "academic article" - something in like the Journal of Finance, Journal of Business Statistics, or w/e. yeah, thats what I work on.

#1) So, SO, SO SO SO SO much leniancy is given to faulty data. There are professors and research fellows that I work with that are just like - w/e, go ahead and scrap like 30% of the population sample because it goes against what were trying to establish. Im just like .... dude, its kind of a big deal.

#2) The people that compile the data for analysis (for some people that I work for, I do that stuff as well), mess up so often. Half the time I'm supposed to be organizing/compiling sample data, I just slap it all together, take shortcuts, and attach an awesome writeup on it. As long as I get it submitted before the deadline, I get nothing but praises, awesome reccommendations, free dinner/drinks etc. Profs/Publishers dont care. W/e, they just want to write a paper and get it published - doesnt matter if its right or wrong.

Sad part is that a lot of these think tanks/research institutes play a significant part in public policy formulation. Their stuff gets cited by other academics who base THEIR papers on one that I worked on. Somebody else bases theirs on that, etc etc etc. Granted, a lot of stuff gets checked over, but the one im working on now has a data file in Excel thats 90,000 rows by 3,000 columns. Lol, check that stuff over man.

Basically whenever you see something cited [in econ/finance/biz/management/statistics], no matter how legit the source, most likely, the person that did the bulk of the work is some 21 year old Economics major tryin to get a leg up. Somebody awesome slaps their name on it, adds some analysis (and even if the analysis is 100% right and brilliant, if its analyzing bs data, it doesnt matter..). Just be careful what you believe.

Anyone have any insight on the car rental business if you are trying to rent a vehicle, under 25 and no credit card (but have a debit card)?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Anyone have any insight on the car rental business if you are trying to rent a vehicle, under 25 and no credit card (but have a debit card)?
nerd.gif

Usually have to pay extra and as long as your debit card has a visa logo your ok. At least from the rental car places I have rented from.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

wow @ blackcards bein heavy.

im not bout that life
Yeah they are. I handled quite a few at Apple.

Speaking of Apple...

-Most of the older customers are genuinely well off, but dumb as a box of rocks. "How do I turn this on?" was very common after people bought iPods and iPhones
-Despite no commission, managers pressured us to sell warranties. If we didn't, job was in jeopardy
-High turnover rate, VERY high. It's still retail. From managers, to sales, to inventory, no one stays long unless they're a.) Apple sheep or b.) desperate for employment
-Crap pay unless you're a store manager, asst manager... Even techs make crap pay
-The job is lax in terms of dress code, but I'd rather wear a shirt and tie if it means better benefits and pay
-The discounts are pretty amazing
-I worked for Apple around the first iPhone launch. The line was around the block and generally product launches are always sloppy and understaffed/planned

Oh yeah. I don't work for Apple anymore, and never will again. Big smoke and mirrors... Even corporate is a pain to work for.

Originally Posted by Orangatrang

eek.gif
Yup, you'd never even know they had one.
They don't keep it in a Gucci or LV wallet either. Strictly money clips. Lol
Yeah, the sloppiest looking dude ever used one back at Apple, I was
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Nice guy, although on a different day he ended up barking at our manager because he felt slighted for warranty work.

Back
Top Bottom