Post Your Motorcycle

Appreciate that.

Anyone got advice for someone that's looking to start doing work on their bikes themselves? Basic stuff like oil changes, changing brake fluids, changing chains, light bulbs, etc.

Not really with the arm and a leg prices being charged at my local bike shops.

Nice. How do you like your CBR? I ended up going for the ninja 250. I have no experience riding whatsoever and I'm only like 5 feet 7 so the bike is a perfect fit and not too heavy. Here's a pic of it:

Anyone know a good brand for rim tape? I'm skeptical to just buy the ebay kind and have it fall off a few weeks later.

wow nice the cbr been treating me real good but i do love the ninjas

Appreciate that.

Anyone got advice for someone that's looking to start doing work on their bikes themselves? Basic stuff like oil changes, changing brake fluids, changing chains, light bulbs, etc.

The CC i did my msf class at had a motorcycle maintenance class that covered that and more. I was gonna sign up for that, i'm sure other CCs will have a program like that.

my 2005 GSXR 750
Wife CBR 1000 in the back

Sick bike
smokin.gif

Besides the horsepower, how much of a difference is there between the 750 and the 600? I mean more in terms of handling and riding twisties. Is it worth it to make the jump or are they about the same? I'm pretty happy with my 600 but sometimes I wish I had more power.
IMO. The 750 is the best power to weight ratio bike ever built. The 750 gives you that extra power you've been longing for from your 600. While only weighing 5lbs more it gives you that perfect exit power (20-25hp more than a 600). I've purchased two bikes in my life, a 2004 GSX-R 750 and a 2007 GSX-R 750. Most people that buy a 600 never actually upgrade to a 750 but rather a liter bike but then they find that the liter bike is a bit harder to throw around in the corners. I've known many riders and all of which went from a 600 to a liter bike, while all of them love the power, they hate the weight when it comes to leans. You'll find that almost everyone that owns a 750 never actually upgraded, they started there and will never upgrade to a liter because that power is useless in a mountain pass. I personally think it's worth it if you're looking to get low. 
happy.gif

Appreciate that.

best thing you can do is come up on the owners manual for your bike (if you don't already have it), it helps a TON with diy'ing a good deal of the stuff you might encounter & helps you understand why dealers/mechanics charges those prices. also invest in some good bike stands, makes things like oil changes, chain adjustment, & chain cleaning MUCH easier!

Sick bike :smokin

Besides the horsepower, how much of a difference is there between the 750 and the 600? I mean more in terms of handling and riding twisties. Is it worth it to make the jump or are they about the same? I'm pretty happy with my 600 but sometimes I wish I had more power.

IMO. The 750 is the best power to weight ratio bike ever built. The 750 gives you that extra power you've been longing for from your 600. While only weighing 5lbs more it gives you that perfect exit power (20-25hp more than a 600). I've purchased two bikes in my life, a 2004 GSX-R 750 and a 2007 GSX-R 750. Most people that buy a 600 never actually upgrade to a 750 but rather a liter bike but then they find that the liter bike is a bit harder to throw around in the corners. I've known many riders and all of which went from a 600 to a liter bike, while all of them love the power, they hate the weight when it comes to leans. You'll find that almost everyone that owns a 750 never actually upgraded, they started there and will never upgrade to a liter because that power is useless in a mountain pass. I personally think it's worth it if you're looking to get low. :D

i've never rode a 750, but i've never heard anyone say a negative thing about them. the extra displacement supposedly makes a big difference in how the power is delivered, people say that the kawi 636 & the triumph 675 feel really different; so i'd imagine a 750 being really different as well...its just that suzuki for whatever reason is the only manufacturer that still makes them

the current state of my whip:

Appreciate that.

Join a forum for your specific bike if you haven't already done so. There are usually tutorials on almost anything you need done on your bike. I know the gixxer forums has a DIY section where they give tutorials on oil changes, swapping pipes out, changing chains/sprockets, dual HID projector mods, etc. like all forums the search function is your friend. All mods on my bike has been performed by myself and my brother.

Last edited:
The 750 was only made for the race circuit..not too long ago some1 decided to make it avail to the public..no reason at all would u need to go from 600 to 750..the biggest diff is the 750 sits a lil higher up
Does the 750 have diff/better suspension set up too?

best thing you can do is come up on the owners manual for your bike (if you don't already have it), it helps a TON with diy'ing a good deal of the stuff you might encounter & helps you understand why dealers/mechanics charges those prices. also invest in some good bike stands, makes things like oil changes, chain adjustment, & chain cleaning MUCH easier!

I've read that Pitbull stands are the best, are there other brands that are more reasonably priced and can ship to Canada?

best thing you can do is come up on the owners manual for your bike (if you don't already have it), it helps a TON with diy'ing a good deal of the stuff you might encounter

I've read that Pitbull stands are the best, are there other brands that are more reasonably priced and can ship to Canada?

i'm sure there are other reputable makes out there, but i went with the pitbull stands because i got a good deal on them & they were better than the off brand joint i was rocking with...

i think this has been posted before but since it's getting to be prime riding season up here in the northeast, which means bike thieves are also in full effect, its worth a repost:

Last edited:
i'm sure there are other reputable makes out there, but i went with the pitbull stands because i got a good deal on them & they were better than the off brand joint i was rocking with...

i think this has been posted before but since it's getting to be prime riding season up here in the northeast, which means bike thieves are also in full effect, its worth a repost:

Ya I can't seem to get a good deal to be shipped here to Canada. I've been trying to contact shops in the next city 3 hours away that says they sell them but no word yet. Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind

You're dead wrong for that. :smh: :lol:

But I'm popping the clutch in 2nd gear and giving it gas, but not exactly ripping the throttle. After I pop the clutch, I give it a good rev, and ease off the throttle ASAP. Am I supposed to power through it?

Back
Top Bottom