Post Your Motorcycle

You're dead wrong for that. :smh: :lol:

But I'm popping the clutch in 2nd gear and giving it gas, but not exactly ripping the throttle. After I pop the clutch, I give it a good rev, and ease off the throttle ASAP. Am I supposed to power through it?
Hold the clutch in almost all the way (just enough so u don't stall) then twist the gas hard and then pop the clutch instantly after u twist..do this in 1st gear until u get used to it..u should pop up instantly..some bikes r easier to get up then others..I forgot what u have but gixxers seem to be the easiest

Last edited:
Outa first gear from a dead stop?
All bad, I've seen some guys go straight to 12oclock and flip back doin that. Gota watch the rpms.

When I learned, I did it outa 2nd goin about 30-50mph. Clutched in, revved to 10k+ rpms and popped the clutch and itd come up with ease. Just gota practice with speed/rpm and all. (04 R6 btw)

Outa first gear from a dead stop?
All bad, I've seen some guys go straight to 12oclock and flip back doin that. Gota watch the rpms.

When I learned, I did it outa 2nd goin about 30-50mph. Clutched in, revved to 10k+ rpms and popped the clutch and itd come up with ease. Just gota practice with speed/rpm and all. (04 R6 btw)

Yes, this is the more safer/controlled route but know that you will be chasing your wheelie rather than actually finding the balance point on your bike. You can also shift your weight to the rear pegs and use the method you've mentioned above to get your bike up easier. You should probably install crash bars before trying. As always rock all protective gear and be safe!

Not from a dead stop..even tho that looks cooler :lol: that takes experience..1st gear around 20mph or so

So hit second gear, keep the speed at roughly 40mph, pop the clutch while getting the revs up to about 10k, then continue revving once it's in the air?

Last edited:
At first yea you'll be "chasing" your wheelie, but once u perfect it, u can pretty much get it right to balance point right from the get go.

Blinkin, just play around with the speeds and rpms to get the wheel up off the ground a bit. Get comfortable and find the perfect mix of both speed/rpm. Takes time, but be safe .

Yeah I'm trying to be as safe as possible, mainly sticking to closed parking lots and deserted back roads. I tried doing it in 1st gear until homie at my local shop said that's no bueno. Been trying in 2nd ever since and I've managed to get it lifted once. :lol:

Stay away from first gear as I've seen people under estimate the torque. Make sure that you keep your wheel straight when coming down and if possible to stiffen up your steering damper. It's no bueno if you come down with your wheel turned to one side.

Thoughts on Suzuki Katanas? The bro Egaroc1 already told me it's trash. 
tired.gif

Can't eem practice. The storm weather from down in florida is turning georgia into a daggum swimming pool. :smh:

Yeah I'm trying to be as safe as possible, mainly sticking to closed parking lots and deserted back roads. I tried doing it in 1st gear until homie at my local shop said that's no bueno. Been trying in 2nd ever since and I've managed to get it lifted once.
laugh.gif
1st gear bro..rev it up to around 8-9k..with clutch popped wheelies the power of ur bike doesnt matter..after practicin and gettin it down u can move on to 2nd and 3rd gear power wheelies..

Watch this guy here..shows u a clutch popped wheelie perfectly..when i get a GoPro ill make tutorials myself

Last edited:
Just scooped an X12 for the lowskeeee
$450 after tax
Thgt I passed the info.
It's from cycle gear. Some X12's are on clearance down to 499-529 but this month is $100 off any X12 model including clearance.
So u 420-450 for an X12 that OG goes for 800+.
#Deal
It's in store only but they can do a stock locate
For ur sz. Hope this halps someone

^^^^^^^^^^^
These are the ones that are on clearance.

Big shoei fan here too. Ive had rf1100 for the past few yrs and used a rf1000 for 5-6 yrs. They are great except the little lip at the lower back is annoying.. Always wanted a x-11 and now a x12 but I'm too tight. 450 is an awesome price

I like your lid egaroc1. Here's my Arai Vector lid, do you guys wear sunglasses or do you prefer the tinted shield? 

here's a few now that I wear to the track..

Shoei X12 Vermuelen

Arai Haga Monza

Arai Haga Fire and Ice

I have 3 more Arai's that I use here and there but these get heavy rotation every summer...

You guys don't like clean helmets? Like all one color? I can't see myself rocking those helmets. It's too much going on and what if you get a new bike that's a different color? What do you do then?

^^ man-i havent worn anything to match a bike i've owned-since 2001!!

different strokes for different folks, i guess

Back
Top Bottom