Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

^Why?^

Just because people are laughing at him?

ride2diedagreat wrote:
Say Whatcha Like!!

My Life, My Lifestyle!!
tongue.gif

And Yea It Does Have a Meaning to Me..

Maybe you guys should find something that has meaning to you...

Why? Because a lot of people are laughing and saying the guy will regret it, etc. That's not to say HE does, but I was merely pointing outthat, in reality, there's no reason for all that hate because as long as it means something to him, he's good. Not only that, but also because mosttattoo's can easily be redesigned, covered up with a new design, etc so even if someone does 'regret' or not like the execution of a tat,there's always ways around that...

I'm looking to get a st. michael piece soon. Does anybody know any good artists in Cincinnati, lexington, louisville, columbus, or any place in between.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^I think I heard that too....like about $1300+ an hour. I like what he said in the Weekly Drop interview....unlike a car, tattoos are for life so why not spend good money on it. When you think about it, that makes a lot of sense.

I can see why people are aspiring to be tattoo artists. That is mad loot if you have a steady flow of customers coming. It makes my 9 to 5 look horrible.
That's very, very, very true. Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people realize there's a difference between spending big $$ and getting a quality tattoo. There's a lot of great artist out there who could hang with, or might even be better than, Mr.Cartoon, Kat Von D, etc. and they aren't charging a fraction of those celebrity prices. Just gotta do your research...

so true

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by AG 47

Looking to get some art done, anyone here know of a decent/good artist in the LA area?
Most artists have specialties, so it really depends on what you want. I got mine done at Ink Fiend in Alhambra (artist was Khang), but that shop is mostly Asian-style tatts. I would go back most def, but the next tattoo I'm gonna get is gonna be more of the old-fashioned, naval style. I plan on going to Gold Rush Tattoo in Costa Mesa.

Fa sho, I'll check him out. I'll pm you if I have more questions.

How is the pricing at Atomic in Tampa?

sliding through to visit my brother at USF

im suppose to be getting something like usugrow's flower piece, sometimes this weekend

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by AG 47

Looking to get some art done, anyone here know of a decent/good artist in the LA area?
Most artists have specialties, so it really depends on what you want. I got mine done at Ink Fiend in Alhambra (artist was Khang), but that shop is mostly Asian-style tatts. I would go back most def, but the next tattoo I'm gonna get is gonna be more of the old-fashioned, naval style. I plan on going to Gold Rush Tattoo in Costa Mesa.
My dude An dee if you want the naval style let me recommend a spot, Outer Limit Tattoo's in Long Beach I went their for a piercing but I sawthe naval artwork and it was
pimp.gif
. I think they're the longest run tatshop in america or somewhere

http://www.outerlimitstattoo.com/

Ok. So im not artistic in anyway. And ive looked around for awhile but nothing really has appealed to me.

BUT. My brother passed away in '05 and i want to get a tat in memory of him.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

only pic I really have of my tats. I got the full arm sleeve which you cant really see but its real colorful. and the cross with wings for my 15 year oldcousin who died from a drug overdose that his father was giving him. also got the giants logo on my ribs. my sisters name on my wrist and I got tattoos for mymom on the inside of my bicep and one for my deceased grandmother on my bicep.

I got the cross and rule in Jan of this year and the FSU tattoo in October. All photos were taken about 2 hours after the ink.

All were done in Charlotte at

Ace Custom Tattoo
Chris Stuart
704-342-3661

Originally Posted by obie21

im suppose to be getting something like usugrow's flower piece, sometimes this weekend

Someone beat you to the punch:

2902530233_7f42f9f251.jpg

Taken from the Sciolist blog. Funny thing too (no joke), I just set up my appointment today for my first tat and it will also be a Usugrow pic. I have beensleeping on this thing for almost a year now and I was thinking his art would get super big for tattoos. Luckily I don't think....I know no one will havethis image and they way I fused the artwork together, it will be original to a certain degree. I'll show you guys when I get it done in about a week and ahalf.

Taken from the Sciolist blog. Funny thing too (no joke), I just set up my appointment today for my first tat and it will also be a Usugrow pic. I have been sleeping on this thing for almost a year now and I was thinking his art would get super big for tattoos. Luckily I don't think....I know no one will have this image and they way I fused the artwork together, it will be original to a certain degree. I'll show you guys when I get it done in about a week and a half.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
that is one of the nicest tatts ive seen in my life.

there is alot of great work in here
ive really become a fan of the culture and art that makes tattoos such a deep part of ppls lives

My First -
Location - Right upper arm shortly above elbow
Growin up in brooklyn we have such a strong pride in where were from its hard to explain
originaly i wanted the roman font but i realized how many ppl have that so i went after the famous brooklyn script next
the normal kind you see from the old dodgers jerseys but i decided to throw a lil flair on it and found somethin that fit me well
auxms9.jpg

My most recent -
Location - left forearm
my mom passed away a day before my birthday when i was turning 9 she passed march 22nd 1996
so from that point on i put years and years of thought into what will probly be the most meaningfull tat i will eva have done
for this tat i chose a natural cross made of wood with not straight lines to make it look realistic with the ribbon i dont no the name of the font of my headbut i can find out i chose "mother" instead of "mom" of her name cause i wanted to also show a sign of maturity and a more classic look
im very please i think all the details in the cross are amazing and im in love with the lettering

as soon as it was done, only paint full part was the lettering on top cause of the placement it was hitting nerves i was so tender
eqazx3.jpg

after a few days
wvqqur.jpg

all healed up
2cy2pn6.jpg

more detail
2vv96c2.jpg

Sorry for all the pics and the story =}

both were done by

Joe from brooklyn ink tattoo and body piercing
in bay ridge brooklyn 87th st. between 4 and 5th ave

edit* i just realized in the last to pick the cross looks deformed but thats cause i flipped the picks around originaly they were side ways

Ive been planning on getting tatted for the longest but I dont really know where to start... I've came up with a few ideas over the past couple of monthsbut need to find a good artist to help create a visual. Can anyone recommend any good artist in the BX/Manhattan area. Price isnt really a concern since I wantto get quality work

Peter80Warrick, nice tats man. I've always wanted to get a South Carolina tat on my leg to rep. But all SC logos are too feminine (palmetto tree, Gamecocketc)

Originally Posted by Jae718

2vv96c2.jpg
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]This is exactly what i'm thinking of getting but i'm thinking it'll be a badidea...scared for the future me
frown.gif
[/color]

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Taken from the Sciolist blog. Funny thing too (no joke), I just set up my appointment today for my first tat and it will also be a Usugrow pic. I have been sleeping on this thing for almost a year now and I was thinking his art would get super big for tattoos. Luckily I don't think....I know no one will have this image and they way I fused the artwork together, it will be original to a certain degree. I'll show you guys when I get it done in about a week and a half.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
that is one of the nicest tatts ive seen in my life.

no doubt, i opted to change it up
got hooked up, charged 80
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

gave him nice trp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

no doubt, i opted to change it up
got hooked up, charged 80
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

gave him nice trp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
OBIE get me the hook son.
laugh.gif
I'll drive down to God-forsaken Central Cali for that. The work is sick, g.

Back
Top Bottom