Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by obie21

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

im suppose to be getting something like usugrow's flower piece, sometimes this weekend

Someone beat you to the punch:

2902530233_7f42f9f251.jpg

Taken from the Sciolist blog. Funny thing too (no joke), I just set up my appointment today for my first tat and it will also be a Usugrow pic. I have been sleeping on this thing for almost a year now and I was thinking his art would get super big for tattoos. Luckily I don't think....I know no one will have this image and they way I fused the artwork together, it will be original to a certain degree. I'll show you guys when I get it done in about a week and a half.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
that is one of the nicest tatts ive seen in my life.

no doubt, i opted to change it up
got hooked up, charged 80
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

gave him nice trp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

dudes ill
he went to school with my older sis and cousins

dude is gonna be in santa monica tattooing , in april..ill keep u posted

im suppose to be getting something like usugrow's flower piece, sometimes this weekend

Taken from the Sciolist blog. Funny thing too (no joke), I just set up my appointment today for my first tat and it will also be a Usugrow pic. I have been sleeping on this thing for almost a year now and I was thinking his art would get super big for tattoos. Luckily I don't think....I know no one will have this image and they way I fused the artwork together, it will be original to a certain degree. I'll show you guys when I get it done in about a week and a half.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif

where is he located?

dudes ill
he went to school with my older sis and cousins

dude is gonna be in santa monica tattooing , in april..ill keep u posted
pimp.gif
That's what's up. Dude is def sick. Santa Monica is closer to me anyways.
laugh.gif

im looking to get a phoenix bird tat... can some of yall help me out with some pics???
and what kind of font is that up there with the roses??

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
that tat is too ill....must be super duper ink

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Whats the story behind this Usugrow ya talk about?? This design is something i've been looking to get with the the roses incorporated in my mom's name[/color]

Oh.....man, here we go. The only thing I was tripping about is getting a tattoo that everyone else would have. Not to say I found out who Usugrow was beforeeveryone else cause I honestly had no clue who he as till he made the Hundreds tee but ever since then, I've been a huge fan. But its all good and ifeveryone has a love for his art and is willing to tat it on themselves, I just think (if I was him) that is the biggest compliment.
Anyways, Usugrow is a Japanese artists that has a distinct pen and ink style, probably why it looks so good as a tattoo. But he has worked with a lot ofcompanies (Japanese and US) like Consolidated skateboards, Real Skateboards, Brooklyn Projects, Famous Stars and Straps, Hundreds, Vans....list goes on. If youwant to dip more into his work, I suggest getting his book at Upperplayground.com. I was fortunate to go to his show in SF and to see the artwork in person isanother thing. So detailed and precise in every line and dot he drew. I actually met him when he signed my book and told him that I was going to get a tattooof his work and I swear, the little man just blushed. Cool dude....and just humble as an artist.

Check out more here: http://www.usugrow.com/

Smh at me, i never realized he stippled the shading etc.

Even more impressive than id previously thought.

Oh.....man, here we go. The only thing I was tripping about is getting a tattoo that everyone else would have. Not to say I found out who Usugrow was before everyone else cause I honestly had no clue who he as till he made the Hundreds tee but ever since then, I've been a huge fan. But its all good and if everyone has a love for his art and is willing to tat it on themselves, I just think (if I was him) that is the biggest compliment.
Anyways, Usugrow is a Japanese artists that has a distinct pen and ink style, probably why it looks so good as a tattoo. But he has worked with a lot of companies (Japanese and US) like Consolidated skateboards, Real Skateboards, Brooklyn Projects, Famous Stars and Straps, Hundreds, Vans....list goes on. If you want to dip more into his work, I suggest getting his book at Upperplayground.com. I was fortunate to go to his show in SF and to see the artwork in person is another thing. So detailed and precise in every line and dot he drew. I actually met him when he signed my book and told him that I was going to get a tattoo of his work and I swear, the little man just blushed. Cool dude....and just humble as an artist.

Check out more here: http://www.usugrow.com/http://www.usugrow.com/
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks for the info...[/color]
pimp.gif

fong,

which piece you goiing with?
keeping it identical or changing it up?

10gla84.jpg

Alright so this is the piece I am getting. I figure since my appointment is next week, I really don't have to hide it....unless someone takes this andbeats me to the punch which means I'll e-hate you forever! Haha! I never really thought about changing it up but after looking at yours, I really like thespin off of his style and the tat artist that you got it done from. It's like paying respects to both artists.

But I am keeping it true to his art. Its actually two of his pieces that are in his book that I just fused into one for more of a tattoo/half sleeve look.This will be on my puny forearm minus that little rat tail at the bottom. The flower part will be at the bottom part of my hand and the bug part will wrap morearound it with the wings almost coming to my elbow. Only thing the tat artist told me is that it won't look like a carbon copy of the art piece. There aretoo many interact details to it and it has to look more like a tattoo and not a pen and ink drawing. So I am expecting it too look a little different which Idon't mind I guess as long as it looks clean.

And people always ask me if there is meaning behind it. The only thing I can link to it is I am half Japanese and Ususgrow is Japanese and in someway,it's like paying respects to my distant culture. As far as the image.....I just think it looks cool.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
A friend whose an artist showed me this because I hadmentioned to him I wanted something like that with the names of 2 Family Members who were dear close to me that passed within the past 2 years.

ILL fong
post them pics when it is done

im going to setup an appointment, for another one...at the end of the week
pimp.gif

i'm really excited to get a tattoo.. i want several... still working on the idea for my ribs/back, because i want that one to be sick

my first one i want at the nape of my neck, "all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" edgar allan poe. below that i want to get anabstract third eye symbolizing consciousness and enlightenment... and seeing to the end of the universe....i was contemplating the typical buddhist eyes but iwant something more abstract and not so literal.. i have an idea in mind.

anyways anyone know of any good tattoo shops in NYC.. i've heard of adorned but anywhere else? if so what artists have you used? this tat is pretty simplebut i have a more complex one that i want done.

if someone can copy that style of font for me i will pay pal them....
Laos
Khmer
only needs to be big enough to fit my hands

dam man lately Ive been irking for a tat, I don't know what know, full sleeves are DOPE
I do know if I were to get a tat it would be from a well known professional, mister cartoon kat von D or sumthin, I dont care if the waiting list is a year orthe $$$$, ++#% is permanent I want it to be dam near perfect

Back
Top Bottom