Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Im not one to jock, and i really dont favor color tats, but homie's stained glass religeous sleeve is DOPE as hell.

Props to you and the artist.
bout to say exact same thing.

the color just adds another dimension to it. sick work.

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Do u think stain glassed tattoos can look good without color... directed at Warfare and n e other NT member who has an answer cuz I'm thinking about this in black n grey
Image_820_1.jpg

Seeing that it is stain glass, you have to have color imo. I don't think it really even makes sense if it is in black and white. The art of stain glass isall about color and emitting light through it to make it somewhat glow. To make it where it even makes sense, you have to make that thing as colorful aspossible.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Just got this done at NYC Adorned, HORRIBLE picture, even with a D40.
laugh.gif

Looks alot better in real life, picture just butchered how it really looks.
grin.gif
I'm sure it looks good. Who did your piece? I got my first there at Adorned by Damion Ross.
Dan Santoro did my piece, really cool dude. That place is def. the spot to get a tattoo at, I wanna do a second piece already. And damn that picis so bad, the stars look all funky cause I was pulling my skin
laugh.gif
. Atfirst I was looking at it like damn..these stars are jacked up, I stopped grabbing my skin and then it looked normal.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Do u think stain glassed tattoos can look good without color... directed at Warfare and n e other NT member who has an answer cuz I'm thinking about this in black n grey
Image_820_1.jpg

Seeing that it is stain glass, you have to have color imo. I don't think it really even makes sense if it is in black and white. The art of stain glass is all about color and emitting light through it to make it somewhat glow. To make it where it even makes sense, you have to make that thing as colorful as possible.
Color doesnt look as good on black people as it does on white ppl I'm including asians etc in this mix

anyone with links to some good tattoo shops/artists in the central Florida area?????

Thanks guys! To tell the truth, I was kind of skeptical of the shading because I wasn't sure how it would look... but we drew it out on paper, and itlooked great... I didn't know it would look even better inked.
laugh.gif

what are some good tattoo shops in San Francisco? I was thinking Frisco tattoos in 24th n mission but idk..Can any1 that has had some tattoos in the bay let meknw your thoughts on a good shop?

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Thanks guys! To tell the truth, I was kind of skeptical of the shading because I wasn't sure how it would look... but we drew it out on paper, and it looked great... I didn't know it would look even better inked.
laugh.gif

Yeah, that's one of the better tattoo's I've seen. What inspired the ink?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Thanks guys! To tell the truth, I was kind of skeptical of the shading because I wasn't sure how it would look... but we drew it out on paper, and it looked great... I didn't know it would look even better inked.
laugh.gif

Yeah, that's one of the better tattoo's I've seen. What inspired the ink?

Well basically, I kind of drew it out myself, but like I stated, my artist added more twist to it... it symbolizes who I am, and what I've been through.I'm pretty sure most NTers know what the Sun and 3 Stars represent
laugh.gif
It's the symbol of the filipino flag, which is part of my culture.

The "G" in the middle of the sun is the first letter of my last name (it has always been and always will be family over everything)... and thepolynesian tribal art is actually a story (plus the fact that im also hawaiian)... it tells a little story of what I went through in my life so far, all theups & downs.

Now the reason why I placed the story on the sun-rays and stars, is because to me, the sun and stars represent light and glory... and that's what I wanted,for people to acknowledge my glory, and for myself to never be lost in the light. Basically "Turn your weaknesses into your strength... shine through thedark!"

Rgoya

I have a Koi half sleeve its 12 hours in and its about 70% done. I go back next week to get another 3 hours done ill post pics after that

I need NT advice....

tattoos need to mean something... buuut... what if that something KINDA SORTA collides against another belief you have.

example.
Went traveling around the world a few times for a couple years and my before my mom left she gave me the Saint Christopher Patron of Travelers coin that Ialways had on me. Superstitions of mine tell me this actually helped my luck/chance against some real sticky situations in various countries.
I want a back tattoo of the iconic pose of Saint Christopher and the 'creed' of his as a paragraph on my ribs near my heart..... but I'm really nota religious guy. Does that conflict? I don't know anything about saints or Saint Christopher or his relation to jebus or god or anything...

Is it hypocritical for me to get this tattooed even though I am openly not religious and entirely uneducated about the whole scene????

picture:

Christopher.jpg

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I need NT advice....

tattoos need to mean something... buuut... what if that something KINDA SORTA collides against another belief you have.

example.
Went traveling around the world a few times for a couple years and my before my mom left she gave me the Saint Christopher Patron of Travelers coin that I always had on me. Superstitions of mine tell me this actually helped my luck/chance against some real sticky situations in various countries.
I want a back tattoo of the iconic pose of Saint Christopher and the 'creed' of his as a paragraph on my ribs near my heart..... but I'm really not a religious guy. Does that conflict? I don't know anything about saints or Saint Christopher or his relation to jebus or god or anything...

Is it hypocritical for me to get this tattooed even though I am openly not religious and entirely uneducated about the whole scene????

picture:

Christopher.jpg
i don't think it conflicts at all. i'm not a follower of religion but i plan on getting a tattoo similar to the artwork here:

Blue+Sky+Black+Death+&+Hell+Razah+-+Razah%27s+Ladder.jpg

Back
Top Bottom