QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Mahomes didn’t play great, but he made enough plays.. just like Andy didn’t have a great game plan to take advantage of what was available from the 9ers D

but 9ers couldn’t depend on jimmy at all

Mahomes didnt play great. Our defense made him look pedestrian through 3 quarters. But since our offense couldnt stay on the field, defense was a little tired, and Mahomes (the best QB in the NFL) made plays when it mattered most.

The difference in the game was Mahomes made clutch plays down the stretch and Jimmy folded. Simple as that.

Mahomes didnt play great. Our defense made him look pedestrian through 3 quarters. But since our offense couldnt stay on the field, defense was a little tired, and Mahomes (the best QB in the NFL) made plays when it mattered most.

The difference in the game was Mahomes made clutch plays down the stretch and Jimmy folded. Simple as that.

I don’t think it was just your defense though.. I think Andy and mahomes played a role in it

patty was just missing some guys.. and Andy didn’t adapt great to take what was being given, plays over the middle

I mean we saw anytime they got patty on the move he had time and short throws were there.. Andy just didn’t adjust to killing y’all with it or forcing y’all to change what y’all were doing AND then going deep

I love Andy Reid, but I’ve always said he’s a very very very very good coach.. greatest QB coach ever

just not a great one, because dude is terrible at in game adjustments.. he can game plan with the best of em.. but when bullets are flying he struggles to change on the fly

it almost killed them last night and probably should have if not for jimmy

Is that what you took away from yesterday's game?
I'm mostly yanking your chain. There's always more to it

But still like dland24 dland24 said

The team that has built everything around their QB, has constantly needed to lean on that player came out on top won in the end.
manny.png

The Great offense finally prevailed against the Great defense

I guess I'm doin it wrong then.

What I saw, was the 49ers (and worse QB) had controlled the Chiefs offense for 53 minutes. They had a two score lead, with 7 minutes left in the Super Bowl.

Mahomes had no passing TD's, 2 INT's, and 2 fumbles, 10 points at the time.

3rd and 15, he woefully underthrows Tyreke Hill, who is so wide open, he adjusts and comes back to make a huge catch, first down, etc.

The 9ers get the ball, and instead of doing what they had done to everyone else (run it down your throat) they somehow started passing over and over. (????????) 28-3 all over again.

That isn't the best QB took over, that's the best QB got lucky break after lucky break, again, same as Tom Brady. (who, during 28-3 threw the game ending INT only to have the DB drop it, giving the best QB another chance)

24-0 Houston, Mahomes got hot and put a freakin clinic on Houston, THAT was the best QB going nuclear. This was a meltdown by Kyle and his 4th quarters. (Man, 28-3 had to be hard enough to live thru, I have no idea how you get thru this one.)

But, I know how these things work, I know where the credit is always given. Damien Williams is the first player in Super Bowl history to have 100 yards rushing with both a rushing and a receiving touchdown, but the MVP goes to the QB who was playing poorly for 85% of the game. I know how narratives work.

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity and followed by an action"

He got lucky, took zero action from the best QB in the league

K.

You're right Sam Darnold would have done the same with all that luck.

Williams had a great game, would have no issues with him being MVP. Down 10 doe, it was on #15's shoulders. Could have easily folded and threw two more picks...but he didn't

9ers got "lucky" with Sanders beating double coverage...but guess what, you need more than luck to seal the opportunity

Yes, it was all luck, and Darnold is the same as Pat, and Pat is the singular reason KC won. I know that's how it all works in here.

Mahomes well on his way to becoming a Top 3, GOAT, the best, etc etc....but it's premature for all those takes at this stage. a lot can happen/change in this league. and you gotta do it consistently for years. IMO.

C CP1708 you're right wrong thread.

Mahomes probably should be on there already

Best Quarterbacks Ever Hierarchy
These are the best Quarterbacks ever ranked according to tiers. This list is based off the overall talent and career accomplishments. To no surprise the first 3 tiers include the players that I include on my top 10 Quarterbacks ever list. Every tier includes a player with the Quarterback seasons of all-time.

Tier 1:
From left to right: Joe Montana, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.
I think you can make a case for any of these players being the #1 guy with Tom Brady being the GOAT in my mind.

Tier 2:
From left to right: Drew Brees, Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino.
Drew Brees continues to climb higher and higher in the record books. Johnny Unitas is a pioneer to the position. Dan Marino is the best player to never win a Super Bowl.

Tier 3:
From left to right: Brett Favre, Otto Graham, John Elway and Roger Staubach.
This is where cutoffs begin for the top 10 and I feel like each of these guys deserve a spot. Otto Graham is too slept on as one of the most winning QBs ever.

Tier 4:
From left to right: Kurt Warner, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young.
A lot of championships in this tier. Again, you can make a case for any of these guys being in the top 10. Aaron Rodgers to me was on pace to become a top 5 QB ever, but has cooled down these past couple of seasons.

Tier 5:
From left to right: Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon and Ben Roethlisberger.
I wouldn’t include any of these players in my top 10, but Russell Wilson continues to climb. Fran Tarkenton and Warren Moon are both top 10 running Quarterbacks ever. Big Ben would have to dominate in the final years of his career to make a case.

Fran Tarkenton and Warren Moon are both top 10 running Quarterbacks ever.

I guess I just remember the later years of Moon. Would have never thought this.

Good rankings. Pretty much agree aside from really knowing how good or not some of those older guys are without being able to really watch them.

Warren Moon was not a running QB. Not sure what he was sayin there.

I don't really agree with his list, but do like the pyramid idea behind it.

The disrespect for Steve Young. Rodgers is right where he needs to be.

If Luck had the KC management and coaching staff from day one, a SB title would have probably been won by the Colts already.

Chris Ballard got to the Colts too late.

Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano ruined the best prospect to come out since John Elway.

I believe that wholeheartedly.

Perfect break down. If Ballard was there Luck would of been ALL good.

Still have such a problem with Big Ben as a top anything QB. Most would agree an overwhelming majority of his career, he has been outside the top 5 QBs in the league. And IMO, every single season of his career he has been outside the top 5, but there are one or two seasons that are close. To consider him one of the best to ever play when he was never one of the best QBs in any particular season is something I cant really buy into.

Favre above Rodgers is flat out wrong and always will be. People really don’t remember what Favre did to his fans emotions on a week to week basis for a big chunk of the middle of his career.

If you want to separate Brady and Montana from the rest because of rings sure I get it even though from a talent standpoint I don’t agree. But if you’re gonna throw Manning next to them, then Rodgers and Brees and maybe even Marino too, belong with them. I’d probably argue Montana, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees is the top 5 currently if we are actually looking at talent and accomplishments like it says. Tier 1 isn’t that secluded if that’s the criteria. A lot of guys very close to each other.

what doesn’t make any sense is the criteria is talent and career accomplishments yet Marino is for some reason being propped up for never winning a super bowl lol.

Also Steve young is too low.

Last edited:
yeah i think you can def shuffle some guys in and out. i don't love that tiering much at all

It's the MVPs.

Yeah this is the only thing there is to support the idea but it’s for devils advocate reasons at best. I’m sure that’s the authors reason which is what you are saying. But it’s still wrong.

Tbh Favre is a good example of why we can’t crown Mahomes of anything yet. As much as I think Mahomes will end up being an obvious choice as the best to ever do it, lets look at Favre.

the beginning of Favres career was ridiculously good. 3x MVP’s 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 ring right out of the gate.

then what. A whole decade of solid play at best to yikes at worst. Most of it somewhere in between.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom