QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

yeah Goff transcended with Sean. Lamar had a great leap too

Guess Baker is someone who has the chance to clean it up and make a jump next. I doubt him a lot but the window is there for him

Baker can clean it up. Stefanski was under some tutelage of Kubiak, but also Shurmer when Keenum had his flash in the pan season. Heavy PA, good decisions, timely shots...I think next season with a full offseason and perhaps a more normal one could reflect in Baker's efficiency.

I dont know if he counts, but Rich Gannon was a journeyman with mediocre production until the Raiders when he went off for a good stretch of seasons in his mid-30s.
Def. counts. Don’t see too many guys that late in their careers have a good stretch like that

Wanted to look up Pennington but he had more Fitzpatrick like jumps through the years

My day yesterday......

I watched Sam Darnold and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Then Taysom Hill and Denver "QB"
Then Brady-Mahomes
Finished with Trubisky and Rodgers.

Darnold, Fitz, Taysom, Denver, Trubisky.

Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers.

What a day. :lol:

Saints 7-0 without Brees, which.......I don't grasp.

Wentz doesn't get me @'d anymore, ever.

I have a Raider friend that nags me about Carr daily.......he musta been out yesterday. :lol:

Mahomes and that O is absurd. 24 was SICK all day long. Dude prolly never gonna play KC again.

Let's say, things continue.......Mahomes, HUGE year. MVP. Unanimous. (Or close to)

Ben goes 16-0, same conference, and wouldn't win MVP? Is that even possible? 🤔
Saints were better without Brees LAST YEAR, only reason Vikings won in the playoffs is because Brees was back there. I get why they stick with him, but just happy it aint my squad.

Derek Anderson had a big bump the year Cleveland nearly made the playoffs at 10-6, but it was one year wonder status, so nothing sustained.

Tannehill in Tennessee is somethin like 17-8 with 53 TD's and 12 Int's, 111 QB rating and 7 rushing TD's. (Including playoffs)

I mean....... *shrugs*

I like what Josh Allen is doin in Buffalo. I didn't expect to, he still worries me, but I like watchin him.

Def. counts. Don’t see too many guys that late in their careers have a good stretch like that

Wanted to look up Pennington but he had more Fitzpatrick like jumps through the years

I was a big Pennington fan. Always tried to mimick his PA fakes...one of the better ones ever, in that regard.

Tannehill in Tennessee is somethin like 17-8 with 53 TD's and 12 Int's, 111 QB rating and 7 rushing TD's. (Including playoffs)

I mean....... *shrugs*

I like what Josh Allen is doin in Buffalo. I didn't expect to, he still worries me, but I like watchin him.

Yeah, I brought up Tannehill in the NFL thread as a response to the original question. He got better every single season, but moreso baby steps and not one huge leap. His play finally leveling off, but he's been way better than people seem to think and I can't remember such steady improvement like that before other than maybe Matt Ryan up to his MVP season.

Saints were better without Brees LAST YEAR, only reason Vikings won in the playoffs is because Brees was back there. I get why they stick with him, but just happy it aint my squad.
felt like Payton was scared to lean on Taysom packages a little more when they were working

Maybe he will this time around

Taysom won't work vs real defenses. Atlanta twice is not a thing.

How he looked vs Denver is more realistic.

Saints can't use him, but I'm sure Sean will try. But, he's the new Great White Hype, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Taysom won't work vs real defenses. Atlanta twice is not a thing.

How he looked vs Denver is more realistic.

Saints can't use him, but I'm sure Sean will try. But, he's the new Great White Hype, so 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m not saying Taysom should take over at all :lol: just saying specifically for how the Saints are built Sean shouldn’t be scared to use him more in balance with an old Brees. I’m talking about trying to win a playoff game and not who’s taking over the throne for the next decade

You’re this great offensive mind Sean Payton, create something dynamic. I just remember Brees fading at the end of that game and some Hill plays worked. Don’t fear sticking with your guy just cause

I completely rock with him "as a toy".

Couple runs.
Wildcat play or two.
Catch a pass or two.
Punt gunner + Punt Fake threat.
Backup kick returner.

All that.

QB, vs a playoff defense, reading a defense and making 20+ throws, no.

He is the media's wet dream and it is disgusting.

I listened to someone on radio, didn't catch who, he claimed FULLY, Taysom will be up there with Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Ben etc. He tripled up on it.

After 2 starts, and zero TD passes.

I hate all of it. It's ludicrous.

I completely rock with him "as a toy".

Couple runs.
Wildcat play or two.
Catch a pass or two.
Punt gunner + Punt Fake threat.
Backup kick returner.

All that.

QB, vs a playoff defense, reading a defense and making 20+ throws, no.

He is the media's wet dream and it is disgusting.
Maybe 10-15 passes mixed in with some more option schemes (when needed) and if the defense isn't ready, Lean more on it. Just use "the toy" a little more
hubie (3).png

I listened to someone on radio, didn't catch who, he claimed FULLY, Taysom will be up there with Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, Ben etc. He tripled up on it.

After 2 starts, and zero TD passes.

I hate all of it. It's ludicrous.

Yeah man that's all too far :rofl:

But this is why I love college football, you'll get more variety on schemes than the pros when you have these situations

Another notch on the belt for Allen

not sure where Hurts story ends but glad to see him get a shot

Ben‘s time has almost come, He isn’t done quite yet but you can see the end of the run with that arm and lack of mobility

Rivers kinda just chugging along still

AR man, still looking prime’ish as ever still

I look at a few guys who I think can still be salvaged if moved to the right situation (Wentz, Ryan, Stanford, Jameis) but rare the right situation lands

Last edited:
Ryan fits NE's scheme perfectly, but they'll need receiving weapons or he'd do no better than Brady last season.

I wanna see Stafford in Denver under a Joe Brady or someone.

Carr is once again 7-6, if Vegas fails again, do they pull his plug too?

Carr is playing great football. He's not flawless but full player profile, he's one of the better QB's in the league.

IMO it would be completely asinine to place any of the Raiders team struggles on Carr.

I wanna see Stafford in Denver under a Joe Brady or someone.

Nah chill with all of that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom