"Racism is as American as baseball"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...d-to-leave-his-own-pool-by-cop-in-viral-video
Black man asked to leave his own pool by officer in viral video
A black man who was confronted and asked to leave the pool at the apartment building where he lives in a viral video says he was the victim of racial profiling.
Indiana resident Shayne Holland used his cell phone to record a confrontation between himself and an security guard who was an off-duty Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer last Friday.
The incident happened when he was sitting at the pool at the River Crossing Apartments, where he has lived since February 2017, according to the Indianapolis Star.

"I had my headphones when she approached me so I didn't hear her the first time. When I asked her to repeat herself, she asked if I lived in the neighborhood. I said yes," Holland told the Star. "When she asked where I lived, I said I don't know you and you haven't identified yourself, so I'm not just going to give you my address."

The man said he presented the officer, whose name was not immediately available, with a key he was issued from the apartment complex which allows him access to the pool.

The officer then contacted the complex’s property manager to confirm Holland was a resident, which the manager did confirm.

But the situation continued to escalate in the video posted on Twitter. The officer, who is wearing a badge, continues to press Holland in the video. He repeatedly says he was uncomfortable giving the officer his address.

"Why do I need to give this lady, who I don't know, my address?" Holland asked in the video, while noting that he paid $1,600 in rent for the following month.

Holland was then told to leave the pool by the officer.

"Why do I have to leave my pool?" he asked.

The manager said in response that the man was being told to leave because he refused to answer the officer, who was working as security while off-duty as a police officer according to the Star.

Alex Stokely, the vice president of Barrett & Stokely, which manages the apartment complex, told the local publication that the manager has since been placed on leave. The company also added that they are currently investigating the situation.

The security officer was reportedly at the pool because of previous incidents involving non-residents using the pool, according to the Star.

The viral video is the latest in a series of widely publicized similar incidents captured on video.

Two black men were arrested in a Philadelphia Starbucks earlier this year while sitting in the cafe without ordering anything.

Another viral video from June showed a white woman, dubbed by social media users as “Permit Patty,” calling 911 on a black girl selling bottled water in San Francisco.

We getting into the everyday struggle now. Waiting for the being followed at Barneys videos to come through.

Cop Fired For Calling Black People 'Alabama Porch Monkeys' ... Then Re-Hired

c0l2zdpvahsx1fowvvbt.png

AURORA, Colo. — Body camera footage captured an Aurora police officer uttering a racial slur, but he is back at work after the chief fired him.

Aurora Police Chief Nick Metz is condemning the comments and agreed to do an interview because he says he owes the community an explanation.

"I reviewed the video, to say I was shocked was an understatement," said Chief Metz.

The video shows two officers at the scene of a pursuit and officer-involved shooting on June 18, 2017.

Former Lt. Charles DeShazer can be heard saying, "We have all the Alabama porch monkeys contained."

The comment was not overheard by any members of the public, but the camera picked it up. Chief Metz said he took action as soon as he found out about the incident just a day or two later. The chief took DeShazer off the street to investigate the incident and then he was fired.

Woman Studying Outside WeHo Grocery Store Attacked In Racist Rant

w5mv15e58xyipepnr47t.png

WEST HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA) — A violent and racist rant was caught on camera outside a West Hollywood grocery store.

Angela Jefferson is the woman on the video recorded outside a Pavilions store. She says she was studying and listening to music around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday when a man sitting at the next table started saying derogatory things to her.

“He had like a pipe or something or stick and he was hitting it on the tales and he tried to hit me with it, but I dodged it,” she said. “He was calling me the ‘N’ word … He was calling me the ‘B’ word.”

Angela says she asked him to stop, but he then smashed her belongings and threw a chair at her.

Dulcinea Circelli was inside the store having lunch and heard the commotion.

“So I came out here and saw that he had broken a chair and was trying to hit this woman in the head and saying the ‘N’ word, and at that point, I started recording,” Circelli said.

Surprised some overweight mammy didn't come to his rescue. Which usually ends up being the case.

Laquisha done f'd up

Woman Who Beat Elderly Mexican Man with a Brick on July 4 Charged With Attempted Murder

vrnuzjzp9hmtffr9e1bl.png

Laquisha Jones, the black woman accused of beating 91-year-old Rodolfo Rodriguez with a cement brick as he was taking his nightly walk, will face attempted murder charges.

Jones was arraigned at the Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday. KCAL reports that she pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted murder and elder abuse.

The 30-year-old had originally been charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Back
Top Bottom