"Racism is as American as baseball"

Random Question hand2handking hand2handking

Adult white male steps to you trying to make small talk. Maybe a co-worker, maybe just a stranger waiting in line at the grocery store. The conversation starts out:
“How bout that football game last night eh? Yeah go colts. Too bad those players disrespecting our nation by kneeling. If you don’t like our country get out. Those thugs get paid millions by my taxpayer money to play sports. And everyone’s so sensitive nowadays. Can’t say anything wihout offending anyone.”

Where do you go from here? I mean i can clearly see where these conversations are headed, and what side of the fence these folks are on. Personally this happens to me all the time. As a black male, I don’t know if they are trying to see if I’ll start shuckin and jivin on the spot?

My go to is just say “wow. Yeah. Crazy. Wow.” Until they leave or I can get outta there. But I’m wondering what you do in those situations, and what SHOULD I do?

^ me I’d just say that I don’t watch football and leave it at that (even if I do). Otherwise I would start asking questions. What is a thug? What are you saying that people consider offensive? Define sensitive?

See we as black people need to stop getting emotional around suspected white supremacist and we want to immediately go into arguement mode. No don’t do that, they will just get you in trouble at work or call the police when they start playing victim. You ask them questions so they make their foolishness very clear to you. Then you minimize your interactions with them only to what is necessary to conduct business.

I'd stop talking right there and do the white lady wide eye, closed mouth response/non-response I don't wanna really talk to you thing. Not worth engaging with someone like that. He didn't ask your thoughts, he dictated how his entitlement tells him how it should be .

Adult white male steps to you trying to make small talk. Maybe a co-worker, maybe just a stranger waiting in line at the grocery store. The conversation starts out:
“How bout that football game last night eh? Yeah go colts. Too bad those players disrespecting our nation by kneeling. If you don’t like our country get out. Those thugs get paid millions by my taxpayer money to play sports. And everyone’s so sensitive nowadays. Can’t say anything wihout offending anyone.”

Where do you go from here? I mean i can clearly see where these conversations are headed, and what side of the fence these folks are on. Personally this happens to me all the time. As a black male, I don’t know if they are trying to see if I’ll start shuckin and jivin on the spot?

My go to is just say “wow. Yeah. Crazy. Wow.” Until they leave or I can get outta there. But I’m wondering what you do in those situations, and what SHOULD I do?

of course the initial response would want to be anger but like MalcolmNewton MalcolmNewton and M Mark Antony have said its just not worth it for a myriad of reasons

those types there probably isnt any teachable moment to be had unfortunately

but id tell you and anybody else just kneel

in that d.l. hugely clip he said he saw

“someone on CNN say they would believe Trump over Jesus” :rofl:

:stoneface:

in that d.l. hugely clip he said he saw

“someone on CNN say they would believe Trump over Jesus” :rofl:

:stoneface:

16196257_841696472637900_1895993508_o.png

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

thumb.png

Mark lee is crazy. And to an extent, unfaithful, if he is religious. When Mark gets betrayed by Trump, he should have known Trump was Judas.

They’re shook. Even with all that police protection.

That’s the thing about bigots, they’ll hide behind a computer screen and talk ish amongst themselves all day. But when it comes to expressing those views in public face to face with minorities, crickets.

They’re shook. Even with all that police protection.

That’s the thing about bigots, they’ll hide behind a computer screen and talk ish amongst themselves all day. But when it comes to expressing those views in public face to face with minorities, crickets.
Weak Kip lookin boys. They know they show face and they’ll lose their job or have their face beat in too.

White folks stay taking racism surveys on random unsuspecting black folks. It's pretty much a patriot compliance pop quiz.

You did the right thing. Even though you got majority of black folks that'll be like " I would said this, or that to that fool." Not realizing getting a rise out of you was the plan .

So many of these fools are out here looking for black folks to confirm their preconceived notions about black as an entire race.

Holding your peace is better that responding with anger so they have an excuse. I know it sucks and they gonna kill us anyway. This is what poc have to deal with in this color coded aocisoc where white is always right.

A lot of these biggots aren't used to constructive criticism or someone having an opinion different from theirs. That is a part of that privilege living in a society where everything around you from media backs up your biases. They're having a hard time dealing with hearing other people's voices in the media now and dealing with everyone wanting to have a fair say. This is not the America they were promised by their blood thirsty ancestors.

Back
Top Bottom