"Racism is as American as baseball"

https://www.propublica.org/article/...diana-police-department-have-been-disciplined
Nearly All the Officers in Charge of an Indiana Police Department Have Been Disciplined — Including the Chief Who Keeps Promoting Them
Of the 34 supervisors in the Elkhart, Indiana, Police Department, 28 have been disciplined. Fifteen have been suspended. Seven have been involved in fatal shootings. Three have been convicted of criminal charges.

Rereading James Badwin's The Fire Next Time for either the 3rd or 4th time. Can't remember specifically because the last time I read it was about 10-11 years ago...

It's sad how relevant this book is still relevant today even though it was released in 1963... It got me to thinking about his appearance on the **** cavett show back in '68 & how he talked about how if a white man (or Israelis, Irish) took up arms & shouted, "Give me liberty or give me death" they’re looked at heroically but when a black man is fighting for their civil rights & against the racism in this country (& the world over), they're judged & looked up as a criminal.

Fast forward to today how Kaep is viewed by white america in particular form his non violent for of protest specifically against police brutality (but civil rights & a racism in general), but yet the deplorable in chief can issue presidential pardons those Oregon ranchers who had an armed stand off against federal officials for 40 days or so...

Last edited:
882275FF-F1B9-47EE-A2DA-32DA7C55226D.jpeg

Yikes! Nobody thought this was a bad idea??

"I'm so embarrassed and ashamed and disgusted with myself. I didn't think at the time about my frustrations with President Trump and I was trying to compare Trump to Hitler because he plays into the fears of people and it just came out wrong,"

:stoneface:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna937076
White Kansas official tells black woman he belongs to 'master race'
Louis Klemp, who once ran for governor, has come under criticism in the past for making controversial comments.

A white county commissioner in northeast Kansas who told a black city planner that he belongs to "the master race" as he rejected her proposed development plan is coming under pressure from fellow commissioners to resign.
Leavenworth County Commissioner Louis Klemp cited the master race — the Nazi ideology of Aryan supremacy — at a board meeting Tuesday while responding to a presentation by Triveece Penelton and a colleague on road development options in Tonganoxie, just west of Kansas City.

"I don't want you to think I'm picking on you because we're part of the master race," Klemp told Penelton — claiming that the fact that both he and she had "gaps" in their teeth meant they were part of a master race. He then said he didn't like any of the land use options that she had presented to the commission.

Commissioners Robert Holland and Doug Smith called on Klemp to resign before his term ends Jan. 15. The Republican Party appointed Klemp to the commission in October 2017 to fill a vacancy created by a resignation.

"In the best interest of the county, he should resign," Smith told The Leavenworth Times for a story published Thursday.

"I was shocked. I was in disbelief," Holland said. "He should resign. I don't care if he's got two days left, he should resign."

Klemp told KSHB-TV off camera that his comment was a joke. A message left at his home Thursday was not immediately returned.

Klemp, who once ran for governor, has come under criticism in the past for making controversial comments.

Last December, while the commission was discussing holiday schedules, Klemp suggested Robert E. Lee, the commander of the Confederate Army in the Civil War, should be honored.

"Not everybody does them all because we have Robert E. Lee...Oh God Robert E. Lee...wonderful part of history," Klemp said.

He also said George Washington probably wouldn't get his own holiday because he was a slave owner.

"It bothers me that if we're going to have Martin Luther King Day, why don't we have a George Washington?" he said. "I think George was a pretty important guy."

"I'm so embarrassed and ashamed and disgusted with myself. I didn't think at the time about my frustrations with President Trump and I was trying to compare Trump to Hitler because he plays into the fears of people and it just came out wrong,"

:stoneface:

The classic "that's not who I really am, I had a few beers, I like beer, maybe had too many beers" bull @$##.

After too many drinks, I might do something like accidentally bump into someone while walking in a crowded venue, not praise Hitler :stoneface: Do these people not know how alcohol works?

Reminds me of college, where all these white dudes from Orange County would be friendly as hell during class, but after a few shots of cheap vodka, they'd be the same dudes physically and verbally attacking Asian and Latino students just for walking by their frat (this really happened multiple times, I can post links in case one of the usual suspects on this site does the "allegedly" nonsense). THAT is who they really are. The "friendly guy" they present at work, in the classroom, etc. is just a disguise

There were some obvious clues that this was no ordinary double homicide. Tacked to the wall near the bodies was a large black-and-white flag bearing the insignia of the Schutzstaffel, or SS, Adolf Hitler’s elite paramilitary unit. On a nearby shelf was a black Stahlhelm, the distinctive helmet worn by Nazi soldiers during World War II. There were multiple copies of “Mein Kampf” and a prominent place was reserved for “The Turner Diaries,” the infamous novel of race war in America that has inspired generations of terrorists, among them Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber. A framed picture of McVeigh sat on a dresser.

On that night in May 2017, the police quickly took two suspects into custody and developed a rough outline of what had happened. One of the suspects, Devon Arthurs, 18, said the victims were his roommates, and members of a neo-Nazi group called the Atomwaffen Division. Arthurs said that he’d decided to leave the group, and that he’d killed the men to keep them from carrying out what he said were their plans for violence.

The second suspect detained by police, Brandon Russell, also lived in the apartment. Russell told the authorities he’d just returned home from a weekend of training with the Florida Army National Guard. And then Russell revealed something that should have set off alarms among federal investigators assigned to track the growing threat from armed, violent right-wing extremists. He said, and the police quickly confirmed, that the single-car garage attached to the apartment was full of explosives.

Didnt trumps administration take these domestic terrorists off the watch list or something?

No wonder dude from above was hailing him.

even tho columbus was a **** and did some ****ed up ****.....

the significance of him "discovering" plymouth rock is severely underrated as wrong as that sounds....

after the bering strait was submerged 10's of thousands of years ago humans on different continents were separated and isolated from each other for thousands of more years to come and essentially lost touch of each other, ourselves and where we came from.

Basically he was the first human being to re-connect and re-introduce us to other human beings on other continents since the dissipation of the bering strait......basically bringing modern language and arithmetic with him

Settlers under Columbus sold 9- and 10-year-old girls into sexual slavery
This one he admitted himself in a letter to Doña Juana de la Torre, a friend of the Spanish queen: "There are plenty of dealers who go about looking for girls; those from nine to ten are now in demand, and for all ages a good price must be paid."

Thats just a small thing about him too

Back
Top Bottom