pimp.gif

links to photos

http://www.life.com/image/50715714/in-gallery/27012/adolf-hitlers-private-world
http://www.life.com/image/last/in-gallery/26992/hitlers-humble-beginnings
http://www.life.com/image/last/in-gallery/27022/adolf-hitler-up-close
http://www.life.com/image/last/in-gallery/26982/adolf-hitler-among-the-crowds

article.
link

(June 5) -- Adolf Hitler stands in a car during a motorcade, delivering his infamous "Heil Hitler" salute to the assembled German troops.

This chilling image and others like it are part of a collection of never-before-published color photos taken by one of Hitler's personal photographers, Hugo Jaeger. Jaeger sold the prints in 1965 and they are now in several galleries displayed online by Life magazine.

Jaeger, one the few photographers to use color extensively in the 1930s, had what Life called "unprecedented" access to Adolf Hitler and his associates. The newly published galleries are only a fraction of his 2,000-print collection, documenting everything from military reviews and naval launches to Christmas parties and birthday gifts.

Jaeger photographed Hitler and his rise to power from 1936 to 1945. The extensive collection includes images of Hitler's associates and friends, as well as iconic moments: One of the photos shows a street scene in Munich on the 15th anniversary of Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch. This evening in 1938 was also the night of "Kristallnacht," or Night of the Broken Glass, a horrific attack on Jewish citizens across Germany.

The photos chronicle Hitler's political life during the decade, but also show more intimate moments. The collection includes interior shots of Hitler's office and apartments, as well as his leisure time spent on a Nazi cruise liner.

The breadth of the collection is almost as astonishing as the story of the photos' recovery.

In 1945, at the end of World War II, Jaeger was staying in a house near Munich when it was searched by six American soldiers. The soldiers found a suitcase in which Jaeger had concealed thousands of his color transparencies, and he feared being arrested when the soldiers recognized his close connection with Hitler.

However, when the soldiers opened the suitcase, they were distracted by a bottle of liquor Jaeger had put on top. After sharing drinks amongst themselves and Jaeger, the soldiers forgot to search the remaining contents of the suitcase.

Soon after, Jaeger went to great lengths to hide the transparencies. He enclosed them in glass jars and buried them in the ground for years, returning several times to dig them up and rebury them again.

In 1955, 10 years after the war, Jaeger returned a final time to remove the jars and put the prints in a bank vault. Another 10 years later, he sold them to Life magazine.

Life magazine published four galleries this month: Adolf Hitler's Private World, Hitler's Humble Beginnings, Adolf Hitler: Among the Crowds, and Adolf Hitler: Up Close.

Even after this new release, many of Jaeger's rare color photographs have yet to be published.

eek.gif

sorry if posted

I like his office, nice.

Yea this only humanizes him. It further shows what mankind is possible of and that what one human does can represent us all.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

hitler was the man
pimp.gif
...and a coward.

in terms of evilness...you gotta say Stalin > Hitler (well it's his mentor basically).

Watch "The Soviet Story"...pure evilness.

hitler was the man
pimp.gif

Very fascinating man.. I have respect to a certain degree for any tyrant, emperor, King, world leader etc..

But I'm a history buff.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

hitler was the man
pimp.gif
...and a coward.

in terms of evilness...you gotta say Stalin > Hitler (well it's his mentor basically).

Link or something?

Mateen Cleeves, are you serious? As a Jewish kid I can't believe that anyone would have respect for the biggest coward that the world has ever seen.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

hitler was the man
pimp.gif
...and a coward.

laugh.gif
True I always found it funny that Mussolini never thoughtmuch of him and that his invasion of Greece basically screwed Hitler over along with his plans stretching out his army and all. Hitler was just a Napoleongroupie though
Originally Posted by lilpro4u

hitler was the man
pimp.gif
Very fascinating man.. I have respect to a certain degree for any tyrant, emperor, King, world leader etc..

But I'm a history buff.
Yea I can see that was just reviewing the WW2 in Europe again; causes, chronologically, etc.

BTW there are mad pics of Hitler out there. I remember one of my professors showing us a lot of pics of him from WW1 to the end of the 2nd one. Dude graduallybe delusional by the time 2nd war started.

Originally Posted by jretro23

2z8xg6o.jpg

eek.gif
Imagine your a jew with a 50. caliber machine gun..on top of everybody..what would you do?

Hitler has the most kills in the history of the world, his 11 million kill streak ended..
imagine him on code
eek.gif
pure beast..
RIP to the people that died

Back
Top Bottom