Real Talk... What was the last good Major Released "Urban" film? Vol.No More Classics

The next good one...

Soulja_Boy_Juice-front-large.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Henri2310

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

City of God, even though it was Brazilian

Its still an urban story.  This is exactly what I came in here to post. 
City of God is from 2002, which only proves my point.
It all depends on what you consider to be classic and what you determine to be new. 2002 is still within the last decade. 

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Henri2310

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

City of God, even though it was Brazilian

Its still an urban story.  This is exactly what I came in here to post. 
City of God is from 2002, which only proves my point.
It all depends on what you consider to be classic and what you determine to be new. 2002 is still within the last decade. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The next good one...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Forget the Bull, This could end up being a Hood CLassic if they do this right. I mean just forget about the OG movie and imaging this as being a totally diff entity.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The next good one...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Forget the Bull, This could end up being a Hood CLassic if they do this right. I mean just forget about the OG movie and imaging this as being a totally diff entity.

This is a thread where I was
30t6p3b.gif
coming in to it.

One movie that came to mind was The Wood but it's not praised as a classic. I guess it would be Paid In Full if ppl won't accept Killa Season.

This is a thread where I was
30t6p3b.gif
coming in to it.

One movie that came to mind was The Wood but it's not praised as a classic. I guess it would be Paid In Full if ppl won't accept Killa Season.

Aint know others were feeling The Wood
pimp.gif
Seems everybody's seen it and liked but it doesn't get talked about much. Loved how the movie captured that part of growing up with the hood elements, girls in the eyes of young black men.

Baby Boy slipped my mind but that was a while ago too. Black Dynamite was a limited release and I remember anticipating that movie like a year before it came out, forgot about it and then it drops when I aint even aware.

laugh.gif
@ Law Abiding Citizen and Brooklyn's Finest. One's about a white guy killing criminals cuz his family got murked with Jamie Foxx in it, the other is a terrible cop movie set in BK.

The Great Debaters just reeks of too much Denzel. I got too much disdain for Nick Cannon so Drumline and the one Milan are out
laugh.gif

I saw Next Day Air and liked it but coincidentally it was on again today and I aint even feel like watching it despite the scene with Eddie Winslow not telling Mike Epps his name.

Aint know others were feeling The Wood
pimp.gif
Seems everybody's seen it and liked but it doesn't get talked about much. Loved how the movie captured that part of growing up with the hood elements, girls in the eyes of young black men.

Baby Boy slipped my mind but that was a while ago too. Black Dynamite was a limited release and I remember anticipating that movie like a year before it came out, forgot about it and then it drops when I aint even aware.

laugh.gif
@ Law Abiding Citizen and Brooklyn's Finest. One's about a white guy killing criminals cuz his family got murked with Jamie Foxx in it, the other is a terrible cop movie set in BK.

The Great Debaters just reeks of too much Denzel. I got too much disdain for Nick Cannon so Drumline and the one Milan are out
laugh.gif

I saw Next Day Air and liked it but coincidentally it was on again today and I aint even feel like watching it despite the scene with Eddie Winslow not telling Mike Epps his name.

The Wood is a classic...i'm mad it took so long to mention it...

i had typed it when this thread had like 2 replies but didn't feel like finishing
laugh.gif

The Wood is a classic...i'm mad it took so long to mention it...

i had typed it when this thread had like 2 replies but didn't feel like finishing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by biff lawson

the problem is no "Urban" movies tackle real issues anymore like in the golden era when films like Menace II society was out
I may be wrong, but most of the mainstream black films coming out are about love or some jig ignorant comedy
it's true
always thought those movies were just violence and sex when I was younger

now I look back and they're all respectable movies with great subject matter.

good topic OP, been a while.

most kids today even know lines from the 90s movies cuz there is nothing comparable, I mean they're remaking Juice? it's still on every other month on BET 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by biff lawson

the problem is no "Urban" movies tackle real issues anymore like in the golden era when films like Menace II society was out
I may be wrong, but most of the mainstream black films coming out are about love or some jig ignorant comedy
it's true
always thought those movies were just violence and sex when I was younger

now I look back and they're all respectable movies with great subject matter.

good topic OP, been a while.

most kids today even know lines from the 90s movies cuz there is nothing comparable, I mean they're remaking Juice? it's still on every other month on BET 
laugh.gif

The Wood is a Classic, but still that was like 2000 or something.

I mean pretty much ATL has been the most recent flick and thats 2006, and even though I enjoyed it, but it cant hold a flame to a movie like The Wood, or Friday, etc.

The Wood is a Classic, but still that was like 2000 or something.

I mean pretty much ATL has been the most recent flick and thats 2006, and even though I enjoyed it, but it cant hold a flame to a movie like The Wood, or Friday, etc.

Back
Top Bottom