rough start at the university of oregon

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I think you just have no friends except that chick you came with, and then you go to those parties all over-excited trying to make friends with everybody.

A) i dnt go out with that girl anymore, i have other friends or people ive met in my hall
B) obviously i wanna meet people but i dnt act like idiot about it

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT COME TO CORVALLIS.  This is the lamest town in all of Oregon, and that's including Boring.  It constantly smells like cow @##*, the best "club" is The Peacock which is Hepatitisland, the people suck, there's nothing to do here but leave, and all of the parties are lame as hell.

Do not take the advice to come here it's Atlanta in The Walking Dead.  Stay away!

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Potential freshman next year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you're not in the top 8-10% and you're not a scholarship athlete, don't count on getting that acceptance letter.
Just a heads up...

I'm out of state. If I was in-state, I'd be in the top 10%, I'm top 10% right now in one of the top public schools in MA.

I've already submitted my application for the priority deadline. Nothing I can do now but wait
the school you apply to also plays a huge factor in acceptance.  are you applying for business? natural science?

in either case, i hope you get in homie \m/

Originally Posted by FourReal

pics of the girl
transfer to nova community college brah
laugh.gif
really?! thats across the nation
you go to nova?

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I'm out of state. If I was in-state, I'd be in the top 10%, I'm top 10% right now in one of the top public schools in MA.

I've already submitted my application for the priority deadline. Nothing I can do now but wait
the school you apply to also plays a huge factor in acceptance.  are you applying for business? natural science?

Thanks man, I applied to their honors business program... only 100 students accepted per year
sick.gif

They have like 200 applicants this year for that, my GPA is kinda wack but otherwise I think I'm alright

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

what dorm are you in? im a senior here. i have way more fun than you do. you've been here for a month and half mane, theres plenty of time for things to change/get better . try finding some new people to kick it with, maybe youre just rolling with the wrong crowd. but most importantly, live it up. time is going to start flying by and college is an extremely unique time in your life so just make sure you take full advantage of it. you might be hitting a rough spot now but all it takes is meeting one cool girl, one new homie, anything like that for everything to change. 
and don't rely on frats for parties man. they are weak. theres a reason theyre dry and theres a reason no one really messes with them besides frat boys.

freshman year is always a little awkward. just remember that everyone is in the same boat as you so everyone is open minded to just kick it and have fun regardless of who you are. and plenty of girls will be down to have sex with you no matter how lame you are.  any q
hahah im all the way in barnhart,,,hey man i really wanna meet up with you sometime

socially-awkward-penguin.jpg

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Thanks man, I applied to their honors business program... only 100 students accepted per year
sick.gif

They have like 200 applicants this year for that, my GPA is kinda wack but otherwise I think I'm alright

what school in Ma?

Originally Posted by Credo

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT COME TO CORVALLIS.  This is the lamest town in all of Oregon, and that's including Boring.  It constantly smells like cow @##*, the best "club" is The Peacock which is Hepatitisland, the people suck, there's nothing to do here but leave, and all of the parties are lame as hell.

Do not take the advice to come here it's Atlanta in The Walking Dead.  Stay away!
laugh.gif

truth is is you're there for school. i actually just transferred back to PSU after 3 years at UO because my main focus is academics and it wasn't working out for me in eugene, go to class, come home and want to do nothing...

the place itself is real chill and you will meet a whole bunch of people, school pretty much started so don't sweat it, build a community with your dorm/hall and then spread out there. if you're a hooper go hoop at the rec you meet a few chill people there (i still talk to some guys who hoop/work at the rec).... the big classes don't help with making friends but the discussion sections sure do. as everyone's said it's your school work first then the social life (house parties>frats in eugene)... with that said though, focus on school, make friends with your dormmates/discussion section classmates, and figure out who you are and what you want to be and what you got to do then all the social stuff will work itself out.

yeah there's buncha groups that smoke and drink, eugene is mad liberal... but there are people there that got their priorities straight... just focus on school but have an open mind to things and you'll be good bruh. hit me up if you have any questions

Originally Posted by DNeou20

truth is is you're there for school. i actually just transferred back to PSU after 3 years at UO because my main focus is academics and it wasn't working out for me in eugene, go to class, come home and want to do nothing...

the place itself is real chill and you will meet a whole bunch of people, school pretty much started so don't sweat it, build a community with your dorm/hall and then spread out there. if you're a hooper go hoop at the rec you meet a few chill people there (i still talk to some guys who hoop/work at the rec).... the big classes don't help with making friends but the discussion sections sure do. as everyone's said it's your school work first then the social life (house parties>frats in eugene)... with that said though, focus on school, make friends with your dormmates/discussion section classmates, and figure out who you are and what you want to be and what you got to do then all the social stuff will work itself out.

yeah there's buncha groups that smoke and drink, eugene is mad liberal... but there are people there that got their priorities straight... just focus on school but have an open mind to things and you'll be good bruh. hit me up if you have any questions

thanks man appreciate it, but yea i sometimes also come home from school and wanna do nothing...maybe its just being home sick

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

laugh.gif
i try to keep NT away from real life...
but i do have a hot tub and bball court @ my house. maybe ill throw a summit for all the eugene kids. maybe not.
laugh.gif
You live in Hendricks?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Credo

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man I have to say Corvallis has gone to the dogs.  When I was down there it at least was better than now, but I had a great group of friends so I think that's what made it good
eyes.gif
.  I tried to go out after a football game with some people a few weeks ago and I couldn't take it, luckily I passed about between the game and going out so I was sober enough to just bounce and drive home.  Both Eugene and Corvallis are pretty lame though, only cool if you are down there with a big group of tight friends, and everyone at both campuses smokes OP so get used to that, not saying you have to do it but it isn't that bad.  Just get out there and meet some people, you are 2 months into your first year, keep your head up.

What reason do you make this post what you want an e-hug? Niketalk becoming more and more a place where kids come to get a pat on the back or some co signing !@%@#*@% man if college sucks off yourself what do you want from us?

Originally Posted by Cash is Clay

What reason do you make this post what you want an e-hug? Niketalk becoming more and more a place where kids come to get a pat on the back or some co signing !@%@#*@% man if college sucks off yourself what do you want from us?

i was just giving background info, my question was highlighted in red
"Is it easy to transfer to a UC school or like USC from here? if so what gpa or other requirements do you think i need?"

so how about you gtfu and stop crying about people asking for help, you dnt have to read or respond but since you did take the time to write that it shows you have nothing better to do bro
indifferent.gif

"Is it easy to transfer to a UC school or like USC from here? if so what gpa or other requirements do you think i need?"

so how about you gtfu and stop crying about people asking for help, you dnt have to read or respond but since you did take the time to write that it shows you have nothing better to do bro
indifferent.gif

awwww poor you bet it hurts being alone at school having no friends and nothing to do man just off yourself man im telling you it will be better off just end it now man you will never progress transfering wont help just off yourself its your destiny just do it, it will make things better forget life show them all man teach everyone a lesson and off yourself forget transfering teach everybody a lesson . . 

devil.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Kobe jordan wrote:
o fenomeno wrote:
what dorm are you in? im a senior here. i have way more fun than you do. you've been here for a month and half mane, theres plenty of time for things to change/get better . try finding some new people to kick it with, maybe youre just rolling with the wrong crowd. but most importantly, live it up. time is going to start flying by and college is an extremely unique time in your life so just make sure you take full advantage of it. you might be hitting a rough spot now but all it takes is meeting one cool girl, one new homie, anything like that for everything to change. 
and don't rely on frats for parties man. they are weak. theres a reason theyre dry and theres a reason no one really messes with them besides frat boys.

freshman year is always a little awkward. just remember that everyone is in the same boat as you so everyone is open minded to just kick it and have fun regardless of who you are. and plenty of girls will be down to have sex with you no matter how lame you are.  any q

hahah im all the way in barnhart,,,hey man i really wanna meet up with you sometime

roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif

indifferent.gif

awwww poor you bet it hurts being alone at school having no friends and nothing to do man just off yourself man im telling you it will be better off just end it now man you will never progress transfering wont help just off yourself its your destiny just do it, it will make things better forget life show them all man teach everyone a lesson and off yourself forget transfering teach everybody a lesson . . 

devil.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

that was so lame and not funny that im actually embarrassed on your behalf
embarassed.gif
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by copped

Kobe jordan wrote:
o fenomeno wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif

o god no i dont speak to your kind my friend you will not be getting a reply and dude with the bob marley Avatar dont get offended bruh
laugh.gif
 buddy put a little too much Sugar in his cereal this morning
sick.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

devil.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Bringing back memories of your own college experience? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom