Setting the record straight re: Steve's lies.

Quote:
2. WE ALL KNOW U CANT JUST LET SOMEONE COME IN YA SPOT AND STRAIGHT DISRESPECT U IN FRONT OF YOUR BOYS
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
The Return of Swol​
Moderate Deez​

Quote:
Hey METH I have much more respect for you. But really you didnt need to reply.

You know, Steve's grudge against me is petty and I do apologize that it's spilled over into these forums. I did, however, feel compelled to correct the lies that this person was attempting to spread about NikeTalk in general and about me as an individual. The post goes, what, 19 pages (haven't even tried to read them) and clearly people wanted to get the real deal. Other people shouldn't be forced to offer a defense on my behalf, I can handle that.

If you've been into sneakers for as long as our founding members and core staff members are, you know what's happened to the hobby over the years and it's widely acknowledged that sneaker collecting has been in the ICU ever since big business began subverting and exploiting collectors as a niche. Before that, though, there were small business owners who treated our community as fish in a barrel - and that's always been an abuse of our community.

It used to be that collectors would decide what was desirable, now the industry does through artificial limited edition runs etc. It's been toxic. We, unfortunately, share part of the blame because NikeTalk is a MAJOR reason why collecting gained the exposure to become "mainstream." That wasn't our intent. We NEVER advertised. We didn't even list on a search engine. It was all word of mouth.

It always has been Steve's intent to capitalize on legitimate sneaker collectors and, now, to manufacture new collectors - collectors who pay $6 a month to buy a shopping list from Nike, then buy those products at his store or off his site. It's disgusting and, to me, represents all that's currently wrong with the hobby.

Then, there's the whole issue of that wannabe clone site...
Sometimes, I let my frustration spill over as I did in last night's NT/ISS post. I'm only human. I should stay silent, but it's difficult to listen to people repeating lies and even more difficult to site and bite my lip when I see people used and taken advantage of, as so many of Steve's "followers" have been over the years.

However, I have NEVER lied to my fellow users. I have nothing to gain from that and everything to lose.

Quote:
and here come the riders...
with the haters in tow, I see.

I have some informed views on race and social inequality that you, in your infinite wisdom, have seen fit to disagree with. Get over it. I don't follow you around and heckle your posts, do I?

I read that whole thing and Meth pretty much answered everything.

I wasnt impressed with Steves essay for a second in the first place but theres no way he answers Meth.

What was in the message ktown??
Code:
   New York Jets_TEAMYANKEES_New Jersey NetsWhat's the difference between me and you? (What?)About five back accounts, three ounces and two vehicles

This thread went from 1 to three pages in the time it took to read it. but I still enjoyed myself.

Bonnano for MOD in '07.
Team Cosa Nostra​
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.​
Gotti & Watchdog Pit Bulls For Sale. PM Me!​

:lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
But really you didnt need to reply. In my eyes NIKETALKERS ARE ISSers AND ISSers ARE NIKETALKER. Some info from ISS gets posted here and some info from NT gets posted on ISS. WHY THE BATTLE?? Just to see whoes best?
if u were a burger at McDonald's you'd be McGorgeous​

Now that's how you set the record straight. :pimp:
pimp.gif
tyson_savarese.jpg
Tar Heel Born, Tar Heel Bred.​
TEAMATLANTABRAVES​

Another point for NT. And Meth I like how you smashed all his points instead of jusr writing one long book. Very professional. And you had proof to support most your claims.

Is K-Town in the building??
Postive Vibes Make Positive Lives

Long live the King, Niketalk! :pimp:
pimp.gif

GOPHERS TIMBERWOLVES TWINS VIKINGS
XBOX Live: nnarum​

Quote:
UMM that shot surely talks about a certian Jewelry Icon on here, or i could be wrong

I monitored that post and locked it the first time. Then, KTown promised that he was not involved with LRG in any way, that it was NOT a marketing stunt, and that he'd do a contest that did NOT encourage or tolerate vandalism. Under those conditions, I reopened the post.

When it became clear that kids were still trying to vandalize public property in order to win, I stepped in and locked the post.

Quote:
Did he(Steve) remove his post on ISS? I can't find it. :pimp:
pimp.gif
Method Man

Edit: NVM, found it. He unstickied it.

He PINNED that topic on his own forum? Hilarious.

Yo Meth...1. show me your collection LOL...but forreal.... Im guessing Steve asked KTown for LRG x ISS help for the SOLE BAR. ORRRRR he offered Ben a thread about the stickers. Am I hot or cold?

:wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
!!!!!

:pimp:
pimp.gif
Quote:
you guys do realize that Meth is probably at the very most going to call Steve about this whole thing.
he isn't going to post.
he isn't going to post up a thread on ISS stating his case.
he isn't going to close this until YOU guys get out of hand with the arguing.
he isn't going to feed into this.
he is going to act like an adult.

i would of have though you would come him directly as well, thats why you didnt post :nerd:
nerd.gif
EquipoTRIcolor
Code:
 LA **O**N***C**E**

If I had the clapping icon I would post it right now, but I don't have so I'll post this instead.

Kano=Steve Sub=Meth

4z9i03r.gif
Team I Heart Born Supremacy!
4 8 15 16 23 42Team AIM ChatBarcelona F.C.Team Ben GordonBearsTeam Black&MildBullsCubsTeam Dunder MifflinnWoSunsTeam Late Night​

omgsf2.gif
The Oakland Raiders are like a strip club, you get all excited in the beginning, but then at the end of the day, it's very disappointing.​

Quote:
with the haters in tow, I see.

I said not one thing related to hating or heckling, only a casual observation, especially with the self-admissions of people encouraging without having read anything which is nothing short of pathetic on those individuals' parts

(I) Mess with your soul like ether
(Will) Teach you the king you know you
(Not) "Niketalk" across the belly
(Lose) I prove you lost already

5yttkaw.jpg

4m29aqe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom