Skating rinks .... extinct?

When I was young they used to have a lot of these around and it used to be a chill/good time ..

It's been a long time since I seen one ..

With that said, do you guys have some around your hood - is it chill or what?

Rinks my friend, rinks
laugh.gif

There's still 1 not far from me in Brooklyn where I use to play hockey. Haven't been there in awhileee though

I remember making my own ramp picking out wood out the garbage with a crate in the bottom, everybody in the block would start jumping that ramp.

They knocked the skating rink in my city down like 2 years ago.
frown.gif
I hada lot of childhood memories there. Marina Skate in Pittsburg, Cali
pimp.gif
Iused to always win roll to a stop and redlight greenlight, always winning free food and glowsticks
pimp.gif

It's in the hood and I'm scared to go because the last time we went they made sure we didn't wear certain colors, looked at certain people, and gotin there before it got dark.
laugh.gif

Skating Rings are where its at. I remember going up there with the crew and minkle with all the sinkle girls.

Nice thread...
pimp.gif

Roller skating is by far my favorite hobby.

When I go back home to Columbus, Ohio, they still have adult night on Thursday nights (Hip-Hop/R&B) and family night on Sunday..

I know during the Thanksgiving holiday, Ohio State's frats usually throw a big party at the skating rink and it's always mad girls who attend OSU...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

not down south

I thought down south these were the iish ...

Nothing better than having a little crew and picking up on some fine mamis wearing them spandex trying to show what they were working with ...

I would rather go skating than mini golfing ....

We have one left in my hometown. And it has fallen off HARD. It used to be the spot. Bday parties, Friday night spot, field trips, etc. But now it's just amess. Idk of anyone that goes there besides little kids. If that.

Theres still a rink near my crib, strictly for the youngins though. Joint is the place to go when your in middle school.. fights, girls, skating
laugh.gif
%*@% waspoppin

Empire Skating Rink is dead and won't be missed by me. Went there once and never again. So many fights, robberies and brawls. I remember Fab got robbedthere when I was on my way home from football practice. He was outside with the police and he was furious.

The Key & Empire will be missed. Riverbank still has a rink but its outside and closes @ dusk.

Was it Candy Lounge that had a Key reunion? Last time I went to Webster Hall everybody that used to be in the Key was there.

Back
Top Bottom