So umm... Drake bought his way into the game & has ghostwriters??

::

1) Drake really didn't expect HOT97 folks to ask him to do a "freestyle" on air??

2) Who is this IQ from Brooklyn that it seems we should be paying attention to?

Originally Posted by ZSong

1) Drake really didn't expect HOT97 folks to ask him to do a "freestyle" on air??

1) He couldnt remember a verse or something? We all know that rappers dont freestyle no more. They just spit a verse that no one heard.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

1) He couldnt remember a verse or something? We all know that rappers dont freestyle no more. They just spit a verse that no one heard.
Yup, all you're fav rappers do it.

Almost everybody got a damn ghostwriter now.
smh.gif

*Im not a fan of Drake, altho he makes songs/music that i like*

all that matters to me is if the music is good. where it comes from and all that doesnt matter. I liken this to the Kanye thing, does hee claim to be a lyicalmonster like Jay, Nas orwhoever? If he does, then yes he's a fraud that no matter how you look at it, Makes good music.

He dont claim to be all that, so its no biggie to me.

Joell Ortiz uses a blackberry when he "freestyles" so whats the big deal?

cant believe im supportin Drake.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

The guy on the hook on this Rakim song
http://usershare.net/yd073y67n97s

Is this the SAME kid that used to run with Redman... fka Icarus then he started goin by Icadon??
I wouldnt know. I only heard his name cause of Rakim's new album dropping. Before that i didnt know

Man im sick of cats making it their personal mission to discredit people i knew something like this was coming who cares if he had dough?..jezzy had doughbefore he came in the game..im a writer/artist and i never write in front of people for me its nearly impossible... but if yall woulda came wit this before heblew up i would proly look at it different but now its pointless HE did it because he's the one in front of the camera no one else so i congradulatehim...i swear im startin to think that this blatant hated is the new trend on NT first the WALE thing now this?..cmon

i agree about the barber shop line; people still get shape ups haha, though the story does seem a bit far fetched...the only reason i'm commenting aboutthis is due to the fact that people around my way say that drake is the truth, that he's a monster; we all know of ghostwriters in the game, whetherit's in rap or r&b and i'm cool with that; and i'm not saying drake can't make a good song, though when people are hyping up an artistwithout realizing that *they (the artist them self) didn't write it, *they (the artist) is nothing but a prepackaged puppet and the ghostwriter is actuallythe beast; yet when you try to have a discussion about it, a person's rebuttal will consist of saying that a joell ortiz or lupe fiasco isn't nicebecause they're not on the radio is ridiculous. *i've had this discussion at work; people need to go straight to the source without being fedwhat's on the radio.

peace.

Not really surprised.

Always liked Nickelus F. that joint with Portishead is
eek.gif

I don't have a lot of his material so I can't compare the two to see if he was writing for Drake but what I've been saying about Drake imitatingPhonte early in his career and all of a sudden dumbing down to Wayne's level makes more sense if he just switched writers (similar to Kanye).

This article made me laugh on how much it focused on saying Drake is already rich
laugh.gif

Wait.................so the Blackberry incident on Hot 97 was just a long text message?!?

roll.gif

o well, who knows..........

Originally Posted by MrWavez

DUB 253 wrote:

Copypasta from Defsounds.com forum:

http://forums.defsounds.com/showthread.php?t=78940

A source with knowledge drops this: Well I used to stay in Toronto now I'm in NY. Drake and writer Nickelus F. from Virginia used to be seen everywhere in TO together about 6 years ago. He used to have a white Range Rover. He used to fly Nick out and bring him to Raptor games and s**t. If you search hard enough you can find all of these pics.

Drake does have money. He lives in one of the most expensive places in North America. His mother is wealthy. Not rich but wealthy. He was on the show from he was 12/13 years of age. He was getting roughly 90 to 125 k per season for the past 10 years. Realistically when you don't have any bills or expenses that's whole lot of money which is why he was able to pay his way into the game. He ran out of money early last year and received money from some investors in Houston, TX. He was in TX a lot because he had a girl out there which is how he met Wayne. Wayne heard his CD ina barber shop in H Town.

Nickelus F. is the one who got Malice on that song with Drake. Drake used to throw a lot of money around to get into the industry which is why him and Trey Songz is cool. When Drake was getting more known in TO he wanted more radio friendly less edgy lyrics so he switched up writers because Canadian audience is really conservative. I know cats from Illusive Media who worked with Nickelus F. and they showed me that Drake paid for many of his videos and things of that nature for the songs he was writing. Also, Nickelus F. hooked him up with many connects in the game especially when he was in talks with Def Jam.

From what I heard from VERY reliable sources in the Drake camp and from NY is that this IQ cat from Brooklyn was negotiating selling songs to Drake. Drake would buy hooks or entire songs (concepts and verses). IQ is Rakim's protege, his pen game is mean. IQ helped him on a couple of records but Drake got pissed when he wouldn't give him his personal records that he was gonna use for his own career.

Numerous guys in Toronto have contributed to Drake's music. Richie Sosa being one of them, not a big collaborator but he did help Drake.

This information wasn't too confidential because the studio sessions had many people present so everybody saw Drake and 40 asking for the rhymes. Another thing you can ask people is if they've EVER seen Drake actually write/think/freestyle/type/ or just overall create a song on the spot. NEVER.

There are possibly others that I don't know of so I can't give out any more info. I will leave you with this, Drake is not new, he's actually paid top dollar for meeting with the biggest industry execs and he was shut down.
Discuss...

come on now...you guys believe this whole thing?
smh.gif

nobody caught the first lie?(bolded)
laugh.gif

That's what I was thinking...what the hell is Wayne doing in a barbershop?

OMG I don't know what to do or say right now. I've been sitting here for about an hour just in complete shock.

Im pretty sure Wayne has his own personal barber so don't know why'd he be in a barbershop.

Secondly if Drake mother is wealthy how the hell could he run out of money

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Secondly if Drake mother is wealthy how the hell could he run out of money
im pretty sure they were talking about his money..secondly idk what to say about this seems like dudes be ready to discriminate dude..if truethough
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom