So umm... Drake bought his way into the game & has ghostwriters??

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by MeloVP

ennhhh, just more reason to bang wit J. Cole

You here dat drake fans....this da way to go

tell drake quit hoggin all the buzz

He can have the buzz. J Cole will keep the talent
pimp.gif

hilarious if this dude really has a ghostwriter. and people were saying this dude was writing for 'ye.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by you big dummy

2eocyed.jpg
Do the Drake supporters have an explination for this one??
nerd.gif
<---Avid Drake Hater here

And after hearing Kia's explanation he didnt "write" the song. He produce "My *#$+#" by Lil Wayne (which happens to be a great song)and if you ever heard Best I ever Had you can easily spot that the 2 have the same exact melody. So for that to happen and for drake to be able to sell hisproduct he has to credit his source. Which is Kia Shine. But Kia Shine didn't write one word of Best I Ever Had.

Ugh disgusts me to defend Drake after what he said about Pac
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by you big dummy

2eocyed.jpg
Do the Drake supporters have an explination for this one??
nerd.gif
<---Avid Drake Hater here

And after hearing Kia's explanation he didnt "write" the song. He produce "My *#$+#" by Lil Wayne (which happens to be a great song) and if you ever heard Best I ever Had you can easily spot that the 2 have the same exact melody. So for that to happen and for drake to be able to sell his product he has to credit his source. Which is Kia Shine. But Kia Shine didn't write one word of Best I Ever Had.

Ugh disgusts me to defend Drake after what he said about Pac
smh.gif

Not sure... Never heard that Lil Wayne song... Don't really check for him much...

I don't know a thing about Kia Shine... I remember he had a song a few years ago that was GOD awful... & he has Omarion like baby hair with dreads
sick.gif
sick.gif

Which is why I dont support his music. If I like a song of his, cool but im not spending a buck on it. Its one thing if you're a singer you have to have avoice..anyone can rap.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Copypasta from Defsounds.com forum:

http://forums.defsounds.com/showthread.php?t=78940
A source with knowledge drops this: Well I used to stay in Toronto now I'm in NY. Drake and writer Nickelus F. from Virginia used to be seen everywhere in TO together about 6 years ago. He used to have a white Range Rover. He used to fly Nick out and bring him to Raptor games and s**t. If you search hard enough you can find all of these pics.

Drake does have money. He lives in one of the most expensive places in North America. His mother is wealthy. Not rich but wealthy. He was on the show from he was 12/13 years of age. He was getting roughly 90 to 125 k per season for the past 10 years. Realistically when you don't have any bills or expenses that's whole lot of money which is why he was able to pay his way into the game. He ran out of money early last year and received money from some investors in Houston, TX. He was in TX a lot because he had a girl out there which is how he met Wayne. Wayne heard his CD ina barber shop in H Town.

Nickelus F. is the one who got Malice on that song with Drake. Drake used to throw a lot of money around to get into the industry which is why him and Trey Songz is cool. When Drake was getting more known in TO he wanted more radio friendly less edgy lyrics so he switched up writers because Canadian audience is really conservative. I know cats from Illusive Media who worked with Nickelus F. and they showed me that Drake paid for many of his videos and things of that nature for the songs he was writing. Also, Nickelus F. hooked him up with many connects in the game especially when he was in talks with Def Jam.

From what I heard from VERY reliable sources in the Drake camp and from NY is that this IQ cat from Brooklyn was negotiating selling songs to Drake. Drake would buy hooks or entire songs (concepts and verses). IQ is Rakim's protege, his pen game is mean. IQ helped him on a couple of records but Drake got pissed when he wouldn't give him his personal records that he was gonna use for his own career.

Numerous guys in Toronto have contributed to Drake's music. Richie Sosa being one of them, not a big collaborator but he did help Drake.

This information wasn't too confidential because the studio sessions had many people present so everybody saw Drake and 40 asking for the rhymes. Another thing you can ask people is if they've EVER seen Drake actually write/think/freestyle/type/ or just overall create a song on the spot. NEVER.

There are possibly others that I don't know of so I can't give out any more info. I will leave you with this, Drake is not new, he's actually paid top dollar for meeting with the biggest industry execs and he was shut down.
Discuss...

come on now...you guys believe this whole thing?
smh.gif

nobody caught the first lie?(bolded)
laugh.gif

That's false.

Here's the real story.
[h2]Issue #80 - Industry 101: Jas Prince[/h2]By Julia Beverly • Nov 11th, 2009 • Category: Industry 101, Issue #80 691 views

THE SON OF SOUTHERN RAP PIONEER AND RAP-A-LOT FOUNDER J PRINCE, JAS PRINCE IS BOTH CONTINUING THE FAMILY LEGACY AND STAKING HIS OWN CLAIM TO FAME AS A YOUNG CEO WITH A SHARP EAR FOR FRESH TALENT. JUST ASK DRAKE AND LIL WAYNE.

Lately, you've been on the road with the Lil Wayne and Young Money tour.
Me and [Lil Wayne's manager] Tezz are business partners. If Tezz isn't there and they need anything, they call on me and I can make it happen. I'm Young CEO. Wherever I can fit in and make things happen, I play that role.

Your father established quite a legacy in the game as the CEO and Founder of Rap-A-Lot and pioneer of this whole Southern movement. Of course the name recognition is positive but there's probably a lot of pressure on you also to live up to those expectations. What are the pros and cons of having a famous father?
I believe it's more negative, because people always wanna point the finger at [my father] and say, "You're only doing this because of your dad." Some of that is true, but at the same time, I'm my own man. My father lets me do things how I wanna do them, but he always let me know that he's there if I need him. Of course he's gonna let me fall and hit my head sometimes, but at the same time, I learn from my mistakes. I don't mind doing that. I like to do stuff on my own and if I have a question or whatever, I can call on my dad because I know he's done it before and he can tell me how to fix it or how to move on.

From an early age, was it always your dream to follow in his footsteps?
Oh yeah. Even when I was young he'd make sure I had a summer job at Rap-A-Lot. He'd have me sweeping the floor, or in the shipping room learning how to ship stuff. As I started growing older, I got interested in marketing. I didn't take it as seriously as I should've. I believe that if I had been more focused at a younger age, I'd be at a different level than I am right now. But still, I've been around it and I've learned the game from my old man. He's the best in the game.

The game has changed a lot since the early days of Rap-A-Lot. Would you say it's harder or easier to build a record label these days?
It's harder now because you have to worry about bootlegs and all that. But artists like Wayne and Drake have their set fan base and they just promote themselves as artists. Some artists just have hot singles but they don't have a hot classic album. I mean, I don't normally just buy albums. But if it's a hot classic album, I buy it. Trey Songz' album just came out. I love that album; I bought that album. It's different nowadays from back then. I believe back then [artists] were more in the streets. It was more about being seen. Nowadays I think a lot of people just lay back and let the album do what it do. But the streets are what sells this Hip Hop music. If the streets and the hood are backing you, you're gonna make it. That's how a lot of dance songs get on the radio, because the DJs make it hot in the clubs first.

Do you think the fact that Wayne and Drake put out so many mixtapes and free music is helping them sell albums?
It helps. I believe all artists should do mixtapes. Wayne just gives them away because he wants everybody to hear his music. That's one hard-working dude, man. I have never seen anybody that stays in the studio as much as Wayne does. He's in the studio every night. The night after he won his fourth Grammy, everybody [else] was talking about going out [to the afterparties] and he was on the bus recording, talking about, "This is for my next album." We were like, "Whoa." But that's what hard work is about. If you love your craft like Wayne does, you know you've gotta perfect it and let the people know you love it. They'll see it in your work. And it's the same thing with Drake. Drake won't just get on anybody's song. He doesn't care who you are. He loves the music so much that when he raps about something, you can feel it. It's kinda like Z-Ro. I think if Z-Ro had a [better] work ethic, he could be the next 'Pac or Scarface. You feel his pain when he raps.

The artist has gotta want it. You can push an artist as much as you want from the record label standpoint, but the artist has gotta want it. They've gotta have that hunger, like a pitbull after blood. Wayne's got it already and he still acts like he wants it. Like Wayne says, "They print a lot of money, but there's not one dollar that says Dwayne Carter can't have it."

What was your involvement with Drake?
I found Drake on Myspace. I believe Myspace is the easiest way to find hot artists in every region. I was going through a bunch of artists and did a worldwide blast to find out who had the most hits. I came across Drake's page; yellow boy from Canada. The first song I clicked on was "Replacement Girl" with Trey Songz, and I was like, "Damn, this %%$%+ can rap!" I wondered if he was signed. He's got a video, a song with Trey Songz.. no label? I sent him a message and introduced myself. A couple days later I got a response back. "No, I'm not signed." He gave me his number and we talked for a while. In my mind, I'm like, "This boy is a star. He raps, sings, and acts." So I'm pushing it to everybody, like, "I got this artist named Drake, and I'm gonna sign him." I hit Wayne like, "Yo, bro. I got this artist I want you to hear." Wayne kept pushing it back, like, "Yeah, yeah. Alright."

Two years ago I did a concert [in Houston] on New Year's Eve with Wayne. The next day, after the concert, we were chillin' at the hotel and Wayne asked me to take him to the jewelry store. He jumped in my truck. All the time, I'm thinking about business, so I put in this Drake CD. He was feeling it, bobbing his head. Drake said some slick line, and Wayne was like, "Yo, who is this, man? This boy nice!" I said, "That's the %%$%+ Drake I been telling you about." Then I played "Brand New," a song where Drake is singing. Wayne was like, "Man, who is this?" I said, "That's Drake!" He's like, "Bro, he sings too? Man, call him right now. Get him on the next flight to Houston."

I called Drake, and he was at the barbershop. He's like, "Yo, this Drizzy," and Wayne was like, "Yo, it's Weezy." He was kinda shocked. Wayne said, "Get on the next flight to Houston. I'ma holla at you when you get here." Drake called me back like, "Was that Wayne for real?" He flew out the next morning and we went to the studio that night. The next day we got on the bus and rode from Houston to Atlanta. We had a long ride and got to talk over some things. That night we went to the studio, and that's when he recorded "Forever" and "Stunt Hard." From then on, it's history.

What new projects are you working on now?
I'm still a part of the Drake movement. They're trying to do a reality show on me. I've got a clothing line coming out called Young Heartthrob. I've got a lot of stuff on the table right now, I'm just structuring it right so I can make the right moves. I'm still involved on the Rap-A-Lot side too; that's my family, always. Rap-A-Lot for life. Cash Money and Rap-A-Lot are about to do some big things together. We're gonna keep it all in the family. Cash Money, Young Money, Rap-A-Lot, and my label, Young Empire.

Is there one piece of advice your father/mentor has given you that sticks out over the years?
My dad always told me, "Wait broke the wagon." Meaning, keep going. Don't wait on anything. Just keep moving. Stay persistent. In the music business, persistence means you're hungry. That's what I've learned all my life as I've worked on albums, like Bun's album and everything that Rap-A-lot was involved with. Persistence, persistence. This young dude is persistent. You might bug somebody, but they know that you're on your business. //

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's official... most of you are idiots.

So I guess him and his "writer" flew over to Dre's studio to write for Detox.

Oh, and him and his "writer" flew overseas with Rihanna to write for her too.

Let's not forget him and his "writer" flying down to Wayne wheForeverre his "writer" wrote and Stunt Hard.

Or that time the "writer" was CLEARLY in that stream with him and Just Blaze, just barely off screen furiously penning the next Drake verse.

Wayne in a barbershop when J.Prince clearly said they were in his WHIP when he heard Drake? How did Drake fly down to Houston to see Wayne, when he was "already there because he had a girl there"? Nickelus F hooked him up with "connects in the game" but can't hook himself up (even after winning Freestyle Friday 7 times)? Dude could have put "I saw a unicorn penning Drake's rhymes yesterday" in there and would have dudes going "
smh.gif
WOW WHAT A FRAUD"

I don't know if you guys are actually that dumb, or just willing to accept this fairy tale because it would fuel your unexplained hate for dude. And I don't even know which one is worse.

It's funny how all of these rumors come up when dude gets some success. Where was this writer talk during RFI and Comeback Season eras? Oh, he didn't have one back then? If he only got a writer after SFG, I guess he better go back to penning for himself because Comeback Season > SFG. Like seriously... to make stuff up from thin air about a person you've never met... on an internet message board? My brain would try to explode trying to think of anything more lame

i dont really care much, but theres another artist that supposively bought "Forever" and had a song too...

No you fool, he re-mixed the Drake track.

Forever came out way before all you fools heard the re-done version with Em and Ye.

laugh.gif
why do you dudes care so much?

The lyrics are coming out of his mouth.

When you overanalyze ANYTHING is when you'll find $$%@ to dislike it. Whatever "it" may be.

Just sit back and ride with it. Or don't.

Back
Top Bottom