So umm... Drake bought his way into the game & has ghostwriters??

Copypasta from Defsounds.com forum:

http://forums.defsounds.com/showthread.php?t=78940
A source with knowledge drops this: Well I used to stay in Toronto now I'm in NY. Drake and writer Nickelus F. from Virginia used to be seen everywhere in TO together about 6 years ago. He used to have a white Range Rover. He used to fly Nick out and bring him to Raptor games and s**t. If you search hard enough you can find all of these pics.

Drake does have money. He lives in one of the most expensive places in North America. His mother is wealthy. Not rich but wealthy. He was on the show from he was 12/13 years of age. He was getting roughly 90 to 125 k per season for the past 10 years. Realistically when you don't have any bills or expenses that's whole lot of money which is why he was able to pay his way into the game. He ran out of money early last year and received money from some investors in Houston, TX. He was in TX a lot because he had a girl out there which is how he met Wayne. Wayne heard his CD ina barber shop in H Town.

Nickelus F. is the one who got Malice on that song with Drake. Drake used to throw a lot of money around to get into the industry which is why him and Trey Songz is cool. When Drake was getting more known in TO he wanted more radio friendly less edgy lyrics so he switched up writers because Canadian audience is really conservative. I know cats from Illusive Media who worked with Nickelus F. and they showed me that Drake paid for many of his videos and things of that nature for the songs he was writing. Also, Nickelus F. hooked him up with many connects in the game especially when he was in talks with Def Jam.

From what I heard from VERY reliable sources in the Drake camp and from NY is that this IQ cat from Brooklyn was negotiating selling songs to Drake. Drake would buy hooks or entire songs (concepts and verses). IQ is Rakim's protege, his pen game is mean. IQ helped him on a couple of records but Drake got pissed when he wouldn't give him his personal records that he was gonna use for his own career.

Numerous guys in Toronto have contributed to Drake's music. Richie Sosa being one of them, not a big collaborator but he did help Drake.

This information wasn't too confidential because the studio sessions had many people present so everybody saw Drake and 40 asking for the rhymes. Another thing you can ask people is if they've EVER seen Drake actually write/think/freestyle/type/ or just overall create a song on the spot. NEVER.

There are possibly others that I don't know of so I can't give out any more info. I will leave you with this, Drake is not new, he's actually paid top dollar for meeting with the biggest industry execs and he was shut down.
Discuss...

See "Hot 97 Freestyle"...haha...dude read of a Blackberry, and he just commented on it recently and said they put him on the spot and he wasnervous...I can't rap either, but come on homey, come up with something, or use another verse you've written down in the past

So thats why Mega dont like dude...
As if all the force feeding of his dude
onto people was evidant enough

*waits for Optimus' response*

smh.gif

Whose Richie Sosa? Some one on NT has that SN. Is that a famous person or something? I'm sure he bought his way in the game. And I dont like to say peoplehave ghostwriters w/o proof. And its not like his lyrics are that thought provoking anyway. (I do like that les-bi-honest line tho)

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

umm... just about EVERY ARTIST does this... its called networking OP...

so every artist has people write their lyrics....thats good to know

Never said what he was doing was necessarily wrong. I found it interesting and decided to post it...

Fall back...

Sounds believable...

Dude is still nice tho...well his ghostwriter is

Wait...So that S_ he said in Fear was a bunch of BS??

"And I could use a writer just to balance my flows.
But I never share my thoughts,
This is all a N_ knows.
And every time I try, it opens up my eyes.
These verses are a chance to remembered and reprised.
And I would be performing this as long as im alive ,
So every word I utter will be mine. "

Im soo confused..

ok, well this is the truth of the matter..

He was acting on degrassi and they wrote in a part where he was gonna rap, so im guessing so that he didnt come off wack he really studied the art and tried toget good at it. He got good so they began to write in more rapping. He liked rapping so he continued. He had the kind of money to spend on good producers andwriters. what's wrong with that.

all r&b singers have writers and most rappers have them 2, doesn't fat joe have like a team of them??.. The way i see it "It ain't trickin ifu got it"

i have more respect for dudes that write their own stuff, but i know the rap game is all false personas and exaggeration. so i just respect dudes if they canmake a good song.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

A source with knowledge drops this: Well I used to stay in Toronto now I'm in NY. Drake and writer Nickelus F. from Virginia used to be seen everywhere in TO together about 6 years ago. He used to have a white Range Rover. He used to fly Nick out and bring him to Raptor games and s**t. If you search hard enough you can find all of these pics.

Drake does have money. He lives in one of the most expensive places in North America. His mother is wealthy. Not rich but wealthy. He was on the show from he was 12/13 years of age. He was getting roughly 90 to 125 k per season for the past 10 years. Realistically when you don't have any bills or expenses that's whole lot of money which is why he was able to pay his way into the game. He ran out of money early last year and received money from some investors in Houston, TX. He was in TX a lot because he had a girl out there which is how he met Wayne. Wayne heard his CD ina barber shop in H Town.

Nickelus F. is the one who got Malice on that song with Drake. Drake used to throw a lot of money around to get into the industry which is why him and Trey Songz is cool. When Drake was getting more known in TO he wanted more radio friendly less edgy lyrics so he switched up writers because Canadian audience is really conservative. I know cats from Illusive Media who worked with Nickelus F. and they showed me that Drake paid for many of his videos and things of that nature for the songs he was writing. Also, Nickelus F. hooked him up with many connects in the game especially when he was in talks with Def Jam.

From what I heard from VERY reliable sources in the Drake camp and from NY is that this IQ cat from Brooklyn was negotiating selling songs to Drake. Drake would buy hooks or entire songs (concepts and verses). IQ is Rakim's protege, his pen game is mean. IQ helped him on a couple of records but Drake got pissed when he wouldn't give him his personal records that he was gonna use for his own career.

Numerous guys in Toronto have contributed to Drake's music. Richie Sosa being one of them, not a big collaborator but he did help Drake.

This information wasn't too confidential because the studio sessions had many people present so everybody saw Drake and 40 asking for the rhymes. Another thing you can ask people is if they've EVER seen Drake actually write/think/freestyle/type/ or just overall create a song on the spot. NEVER.

There are possibly others that I don't know of so I can't give out any more info. I will leave you with this, Drake is not new, he's actually paid top dollar for meeting with the biggest industry execs and he was shut down.
Discuss...

come on now...you guys believe this whole thing?
smh.gif

nobody caught the first lie?(bolded)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Discuss...

come on now...you guys believe this whole thing?
smh.gif

nobody caught the first lie?(bolded)
laugh.gif

No love for Drake in barbershops?
laugh.gif

edit* Forgot about wayne's dreads...
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom