So umm... Drake bought his way into the game & has ghostwriters??

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by langfor5

Yup, Drake has officially made it.
Word.
laugh.gif

some of you guys are idiot unless your a real rasta with locks you are probably going to end up at a barber shop to get lined up and lets not forget Wayne doeskeep that tiny eard of his shaped up

Originally Posted by Master Zik

what I've been saying about Drake imitating Phonte early in his career and all of a sudden dumbing down to Wayne's level makes more sense if he just switched writers (similar to Kanye).
That makes sense, but dude actually talks about phonte and LB all the time. So how would that work if he did in fact have a writer? Like would hetell that person he wants to rap like this, or is that like by research, and he kinda just pretends to listen to LB to add to the whole persona or whatever? Idon't really believe the story seems a little to far fetched but it kinda makes you think about how deep the whole rap stuff goes. The one thing Idon't understand is, if this is true and he did do all of this, why? I mean it sounds like dude spent most of his money, just to be a rapper, and isn'tactually putting out his own music, so what is he gaining? Cause really there's no way he could've known he would get a buzz like this, and seeing ashow the music industry is going downhill don't see why he would take that big a risk.

this ghost writing stuff may be true but i find it extremely hard to believe he made 90 to 120k a season on degrassi. shows that they outsource to places likecanada usually have really low budgets. plus it had a huge cast which makes it even harder to believe that he'd get a cut like that.

Originally Posted by Fly Guy On A G5

When i read the part with weezy in a barbershop i was like meh..

But all pretty believeable (sp?)
But I mean2...it seems believable because it's not all 100% fiction. A bunch of it corresponds to some real things (...or real things I'veheard)

I mean ... why hate 'cause a dude made enough money to help fund his career or tried to get signed and got rejected by label execs before now?

As people have said...guess dude has made it.

WOW

This dude got so many people taking credit for his success its crazy.

Theres always a chance it COULD BE TRUE, but most dont see it that way.

Sure he has die-hard fans who support him, but MOST people seem to believe/run with anything negative about this dude.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's official... most of you are idiots.

So I guess him and his "writer" flew over to Dre's studio to write for Detox.

Oh, and him and his "writer" flew overseas with Rihanna to write for her too.

Let's not forget him and his "writer" flying down to Wayne where his "writer" wrote Forever and Stunt Hard.

Or that time the "writer" was CLEARLY in that stream with him and Just Blaze, just barely off screen furiously penning the next Drake verse.

Wayne in a barbershop when J.Prince clearly said they were in his WHIP when he heard Drake? How did Drake fly down to Houston to see Wayne, when he was"already there because he had a girl there"? Nickelus F hooked him up with "connects in the game" but can't hook himself up (even afterwinning Freestyle Friday 7 times)? Dude could have put "I saw a unicorn penning Drake's rhymes yesterday" in there and would have dudes going"
smh.gif
WOW WHAT A FRAUD"

I don't know if you guys are actually that dumb, or just willing to accept this fairy tale because it would fuel your unexplained hate for dude. And Idon't even know which one is worse.

It's funny how all of these rumors come up when dude gets some success. Where was this writer talk during RFI and Comeback Season eras? Oh, hedidn't have one back then? If he only got a writer after SFG, I guess he better go back to penning for himself because Comeback Season > SFG. Likeseriously... to make stuff up from thin air about a person you've never met... on an internet message board? My brain would try to explode trying to thinkof anything more lame

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by Master Zik

what I've been saying about Drake imitating Phonte early in his career and all of a sudden dumbing down to Wayne's level makes more sense if he just switched writers (similar to Kanye).
That makes sense, but dude actually talks about phonte and LB all the time. So how would that work if he did in fact have a writer? Like would he tell that person he wants to rap like this, or is that like by research, and he kinda just pretends to listen to LB to add to the whole persona or whatever? I don't really believe the story seems a little to far fetched but it kinda makes you think about how deep the whole rap stuff goes. The one thing I don't understand is, if this is true and he did do all of this, why? I mean it sounds like dude spent most of his money, just to be a rapper, and isn't actually putting out his own music, so what is he gaining? Cause really there's no way he could've known he would get a buzz like this, and seeing as how the music industry is going downhill don't see why he would take that big a risk.
Well if it's Nickleus F. as said in the OP then they're obviously friends and I wouldn't be surprised if they're both fans ofPhonte and LB. If you listen to his early work Nickleus F. does a lot of collabs with him. That's not that far-fetched imo.

The money part of this story I don't even bother with much. None of that can be accurate. More hearsay than anything. Stories always change in a game oftelephone. As for his buzz I'm pretty sure he had a good hunch he'd be big(not this big tho). I mean he sings and raps. His hit mixtape is all on thatrelationship %@!! that caters to them. He then hooked up with the hottest rapper in the game.

Think of it like this. You release two pretty good mixtapes, above average lyrics wise and very good musically. You get the underground recognition orattention. Then you get Wayne stans to put you on their radar. You do a bunch of crap songs with Wayne. Other stuff leaks out like he writes all of his songs,he's starting to write for other known singers. Then you get that one hit song. PPL are all of a sudden saying you deserved to be on XXL freshmen list whenat the time you were still kind of a nobody. With all that his hype has been bubbling this past year and a half.

If he hadn't hooked up with Wayne or if he did and still failed he could've still played the background and wait or say @@#* it and go back to actingin some next teen drama or maybe even a sit com. If he had a writer he could've just went back to the lyrical %@!! and get hype that way. Somewhatfollowing what Kanye did by working with the likes of Mos Def and Common.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let's not forget him and his "writer" flying down to Wayne where his "writer" wrote Forever and Stunt Hard.

Or that time the "writer" was CLEARLY in that stream with him and Just Blaze, just barely off screen furiously penning the next Drake verse.

Wayne in a barbershop when J.Prince clearly said they were in his WHIP when he heard Drake? How did Drake fly down to Houston to see Wayne, when he was "already there because he had a girl there"? Nickelus F hooked him up with "connects in the game" but can't hook himself up (even after winning Freestyle Friday 7 times)? Dude could have put "I saw a unicorn penning Drake's rhymes yesterday" in there and would have dudes going "
smh.gif
WOW WHAT A FRAUD"

I don't know if you guys are actually that dumb, or just willing to accept this fairy tale because it would fuel your unexplained hate for dude. And I don't even know which one is worse.

It's funny how all of these rumors come up when dude gets some success. Where was this writer talk during RFI and Comeback Season eras? Oh, he didn't have one back then? If he only got a writer after SFG, I guess he better go back to penning for himself because Comeback Season > SFG. Like seriously... to make stuff up from thin air about a person you've never met... on an internet message board? My brain would try to explode trying to think of anything more lame

thread./

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

this ghost writing stuff may be true but i find it extremely hard to believe he made 90 to 120k a season on degrassi. shows that they outsource to places like canada usually have really low budgets. plus it had a huge cast which makes it even harder to believe that he'd get a cut like that.
120K is nothing in that industry. Given everything you said is pretty much true, and the fact that he was a kid at the time, those numbers seemright.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let's not forget him and his "writer" flying down to Wayne wheForeverre his "writer" wrote and Stunt Hard.

Wayne in a barbershop when J.Prince clearly said they were in his WHIP when he heard Drake? How did Drake fly down to Houston to see Wayne, when he was "already there because he had a girl there"? Nickelus F hooked him up with "connects in the game" but can't hook himself up (even after winning Freestyle Friday 7 times)? Dude could have put "I saw a unicorn penning Drake's rhymes yesterday" in there and would have dudes going "
smh.gif
WOW WHAT A FRAUD"

I don't know if you guys are actually that dumb, or just willing to accept this fairy tale because it would fuel your unexplained hate for dude. And I don't even know which one is worse.

It's funny how all of these rumors come up when dude gets some success. Where was this writer talk during RFI and Comeback Season eras? Oh, he didn't have one back then? If he only got a writer after SFG, I guess he better go back to penning for himself because Comeback Season > SFG. Like seriously... to make stuff up from thin air about a person you've never met... on an internet message board? My brain would try to explode trying to think of anything more lame

i dont really care much, but theres another artist that supposively bought "Forever" and had a song too...

damn. There seems to be no middle ground with you dudes. Its either you love him or you hate him.

All imma say is, I don't see any type of source except dude in the article saying he heard from a VERY reliable source. That *#%@ ain't flying overhere

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

damn. There seems to be no middle ground with you dudes. Its either you love him or you hate him.

All imma say is, I don't see any type of source except dude in the article saying he heard from a VERY reliable source. That *#%@ ain't flying over here
O yes it is. this is NT

Back
Top Bottom