So who's not eating meat today?

Originally Posted by Diego

I highly doubt that the people here who dont eat meat even understand the significance behind not eating it.

Im good.

Bacon on deck.
this.. somebody answer my question. 
grin.gif

i cant wait til Sunday, im gonna eat a whole lot of Frog legs and Rabbit
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
with Thousand Island dressing on the frog legs ...... :Hat

Originally Posted by shogun

Do you guys still eat fish?  I never understood how some people don't consider fish as meat since it is the flesh of an animal.  I guess it's used as a loophole so people don't go nuts.
wiki...
During the early Middle Ages, meat, eggs and dairy products were generally forbidden. Thomas Aquinasargued that "they afford greater pleasure as food [than fish], andgreater nourishment to the human body, so that from their consumptionthere results a greater surplus available for seminal matter, whichwhen abundant becomes a great incentive to lust."[sup][9][/sup]

Originally Posted by proper english

I highly doubt that the people here who dont eat meat even understand the significance behind not eating it.

Im good.

Bacon on deck.
grin.gif
i answered the question about why no meat on fridays on page 2.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Frische Produkte wrote:

Do you guys still eat fish?  I never understood how some people don't consider fish as meat since it is the flesh of an animal.  I guess it's used as a loophole so people don't go nuts.
If you really believe this "religion" stuff, you're already a nut.
laugh.gif
Well, I am a former Catholic.  Haven't believed in anything in years.  Back in college i gave up eating meat for lent, it was torture.  I never really took the time to learn why we don't eat meat on certain days.

It's just a tradition. Catholics believe that Jesus's body is the flesh, so by not eating meat on Friday we remember the sacrifice Jesus made for us. To commemorate his death and such.  Friday is the day he died, that's why Friday is the day we don't eat meat. (again, i can't speak for other religions)
laugh.gif
 the funny/sad thing is.. growing up, i knew people that would come up with loopholes around this.. many considered white meat (pork, chicken) OK for this day.. while some ate processed microwave dinners because only "fresh" meat was considered as Jesus' flesh. 
idiots. 
grin.gif

Im good.

Bacon on deck.
grin.gif

Ok. So its a tradition. Kind of like xmas, thanksgiving, and vday...nothing more than social propaganda.

Im good.

Bacon on deck.
grin.gif

Ok. So its a tradition. Kind of like xmas, thanksgiving, and vday...nothing more than social propaganda.

Take it how you want it, no need to disrespect people's beliefs. No one in here is begging you to stop eating meat on Fridays.

I haven't eaten meat on Fridays for the past couple of weeks, but I also didn't know and ate meat on Ash Wednesday. Oh, and I usually have leftover Chipotle and I live in California. I order the bowl and ask for an extra tortilla and I'm able to make a large burrito (larger than the ones they sell you) and still have half of my bowl leftover.

Im good.

Bacon on deck.
grin.gif

Take it how you want it, no need to disrespect people's beliefs. No one in here is begging you to stop eating meat on Fridays.
Nothing disrespectful in what he said.

Im good.

Bacon on deck.
grin.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]He "disrespected" your beliefs? Really? [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Catholic priests who fondle little boys while the Vatican (
smh.gif
) covers it up are the ones disrespecting your BELIEFS (wait, is it a sin to touch boys in a sexual manner?) and everything the church "should" stand for.. [/color]

ehh, Diego has a slick way of belittling things he doesn't agree with. "nothing more than a social propaganda" is his way of saying its pointless,IMO

and Jay, you already know I don't get into these kinds of debates with you.

Actually, it's quite pointless to get into with any of you. None of you will ever convince me of anything other than what I believe and vice versa. So, with that...I'm leaving work for the day
wink.gif

Happy Easter when it gets here everyone

I'm bout to eat some chicken.
I don't think that counts as red meat.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Im good.

Bacon on deck.
grin.gif

Nothing disrespectful in what he said.
he called her beliefs and religion a sort of social propaganda. i can see the disrespect she felt in that. 

ehh, Diego has a slick way of belittling things he doesn't agree with. "nothing more than a social propaganda" is his way of saying its pointless,IMO

and Jay, you already know I don't get into these kinds of debates with you.

Actually, it's quite pointless to get into with any of you. None of you will ever convince me of anything other than what I believe and vice versa. So, with that...I'm leaving work for the day
wink.gif

Happy Easter when it gets here everyone

Hey hey hey.
Ill be the judge of how slick my belittling words can be.

In this case I wasnt trying to disrespect you as much as I was trying to express my disagreement.

Im sorry you felt that way though Alyssa.

Another point for me?

I'm not eating meat today... 

Mom's making seafood pasta 
pimp.gif

But my best friend gave up eating meat for all of lent...

not only that, but anything that's a meat "product"... so that includes dairy products and eggs.

I dunno how he does it, but goin out to eat dinner with him the past few weeks has been a headache. 

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

wiki...
During the early Middle Ages, meat, eggs and dairy products were generally forbidden. Thomas Aquinasargued that "they afford greater pleasure as food [than fish], andgreater nourishment to the human body, so that from their consumptionthere results a greater surplus available for seminal matter, whichwhen abundant becomes a great incentive to lust."[sup][9][/sup]

Oh ok. I just realized what they meant by "seminal matter". Well I plan on having a cheeseburger so whatever. I have to go to church however

Had corned beef at like 7 in the morning and just ate a steak.

One of these days I'll get the hang of this good friday business.

Back
Top Bottom