Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Hey guys I need some help. I am at a plateau. I dropped 35lbs in 2 months. Changed my diet 3 meals 2 snacks nothing after 7pm. Also cardio 4-5 times a week. 20 minutes I intense HIIT or 30 minutes at incline. Weights are 3 times a week. No supplements. Any assistance is appreciated.

What exactly are you plateau-ing at? Weight loss? Strength gain?

Weight. I was 305 now at 270. Need to loose another 40

Have you completely stopped losing weight?  It may be the fact that once you start dieting for the very first time, its very easy to lose weight.  You could still be losing weight, but not at the alarming rate you were in the beginning.
What does your diet consist of? Macros? Why no meals after 7pm?

What exactly are you plateau-ing at? Weight loss? Strength gain?

Weight. I was 305 now at 270. Need to loose another 40

Have you completely stopped losing weight?  It may be the fact that once you start dieting for the very first time, its very easy to lose weight.  You could still be losing weight, but not at the alarming rate you were in the beginning.
What does your diet consist of? Macros? Why no meals after 7pm?

diet is fish, chicken, veggies, fruit, and brown rice. Breakfast at 7 am Kashi cereal 1 cup. I'm not familiar with Macros. But yes I have come to a complete standstill over the last 2 weeks.

Hey guys I need some help. I am at a plateau. I dropped 35lbs in 2 months. Changed my diet 3 meals 2 snacks nothing after 7pm. Also cardio 4-5 times a week. 20 minutes I intense HIIT or 30 minutes at incline. Weights are 3 times a week. No supplements. Any assistance is appreciated.
Paleolithic diet

So what's up with this IGF-1 stuff that MLB is warning players about now? Anyone tried it? Any side effects or drawbacks and is it readily available?

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

quick questions guys....
is doing squats and deadlifts on the same day bad?
should i switch deadlifts to back day instead of legs?

My iPad is messing up so I dont really know if this has been answered yet but.... Our strength and conditioning coach had us do squads deadlifts and RDLs all in the same day with out other leg day including a lot of single leg and lunge based exercises. I'm sure it wouldnt be an issue to mix the two. That is, if you're lifting legs twice a week or so, have a "big" double legged lift or two AND some single legged stuff (RDLs AND SL RDLs??? Yahtzee!)

Also, I don't really have a back day per se, but i do have upper body days. Keep the deadlifts on leg days.

Originally Posted by KOD843

So what's up with this IGF-1 stuff that MLB is warning players about now? Anyone tried it? Any side effects or drawbacks and is it readily available?

Easily available you can find the spray on any body building website.

I generally try to avoid any and all supplements that deal with hormones. A lot of the "risks" in those supplements vary on a person to person basis. Also, I never know when one of those NCAA drug tests is going to come my way so it's definitelyyyyy not worth the risk to me.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

figured id ask in here, does anyone know any headphones that can withstand sweat and rigorous workouts? i was using my turbines but one ear died and then i used an old pair of skull canides and the other ear went out the very next day
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I've been using the powerbeats. Honestly probably not worth the price tag sound-wise (they were a gift) but the fit is great. Never come out of my ears or anything.

You I'm still learning with this fitness stuff. Can anyone give/direct me with a detail workout regimen for losing weight/gaining muscle/good-great stamina?

I need something like a map of muscle groups and what exercises do what too. Right now, I do a fair amount of dumb bell work and I use some of the pulley systems at my gym.

My gym has a pool by the way too.

Start a new workout on Monday, but I still don't know what I should do, what do ya think should i do a 12 week cutting workout or should I do a 12 week bulking workout? I took pics today, I was bigger a few months ago, I'm tying to get to 8% bodyfat, bu I loss a lot of mass cutting.

before and after pics.... before was 6 months ago 213.5lbs, 17% BF (feb 8, 2011) after was today 197.8 lbs 11.7% BF (aug 7, 2011)

background: i work roughly 70-90 hours a week in ibanking, but have lifted (almost) every morning for the past 6 months at 545am. got kinda fat because i was studying for the gmat on top of work and stopped hitting the gym for a few months in nov, dec & jan of 2010 - 11. started this workout program in feb 11.
workout: did p90x, that lasted me 3 months and then the next 3 months i mixed some p90 workouts with my old college ball lifts
diet: used the p90x diet the whole time
supps: nothing hardcore, just no-xplode b/c it has a lot of caffine and i'd usually be up late the night before b/c of work and whey protien.

2jbuvjn.png

Nice work bro! You've definitely made great progress. What are your goals? To keep cutting?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Nice work bro! You've definitely made great progress. What are your goals? To keep cutting?
thats a great question bro.  i honestly have no idea at this point.  any suggestions? 
laugh.gif

swizz- huge improvement! and inspirational for someone who wants to enter the finance world, probably thru i-banking....good to know you can still improve upon your physique despite the stress/stupid hours

i would continue to cut until you're down a few more bf%s but you could go either way at this point.

you look like you actually put on some muscle during your cut....nice work. arms and delts look way bigger to me.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Originally Posted by KOD843

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
 any more info???

IGF = Insulin Growth Factor

It's rumored to have an effect on the amount of GH produced by your body. To be honest, this "ban" put in place by MLB is the best thing to ever happen to the supplement. I'd be willing to bet that someone tried it, had a placebo effect, and it spread from there. The data supporting its use is extremely hazy. I'd save you money and just fund some protein and maybe a pre-workout supplement. And, of course, shoes
smile.gif

Guys I need advice, when is the best time to work out? Morning or Afternoon? Does it really matter at the end of the day?

I've never gotten into protein shakes or supplements at all, so i'm really green. Whats a good brand or supplement to start off with? if this helps I'm working my upper body for the next 6 weeks (and more beyond) and my sched is m-w-f. I've been on a healthy diet the past 4 weeks and been doing running the past 6-7 weeks and started off 79-80 kgs but now dropped to 76.5.

Obviously I will stop running for the next 6 weeks as I noticed alot of you experienced heads mention its not good to mix hard running/cardio and weight training.

All in all, I just need a good supp to help me recover on my rest day. I'm assuming its gonna be a rough first week since I havent lifted weights since 2005 lol

thanks in advance.

I want to start working out, never have before.
I'm 21, 6'2, 205

My body type is similar to Vinny off Jersey Shore, but a little skinnier

I don't want to be buff just really defined/lean, and build up my chest some

Rain in Ninja Assassin type steeze

Any tips??

Originally Posted by dubg34

Guys I need advice, when is the best time to work out? Morning or Afternoon? Does it really matter at the end of the day?

I've never gotten into protein shakes or supplements at all, so i'm really green. Whats a good brand or supplement to start off with? if this helps I'm working my upper body for the next 6 weeks (and more beyond) and my sched is m-w-f. I've been on a healthy diet the past 4 weeks and been doing running the past 6-7 weeks and started off 79-80 kgs but now dropped to 76.5.

Obviously I will stop running for the next 6 weeks as I noticed alot of you experienced heads mention its not good to mix hard running/cardio and weight training.

All in all, I just need a good supp to help me recover on my rest day. I'm assuming its gonna be a rough first week since I havent lifted weights since 2005 lol

thanks in advance.

Best recovery supplement I ever tried was Vitargo. It's pretty damn expensive but when you train with it (I play basketball, so that too) it feels like it should be illegal. You just don't really get tired.

It moves through your stomach and into your muscles SO much faster than normal so you can drink it during your workout and feel the effects within ten minutes. It's great. Do some research and you'll like what you see, promise. The tub is entirely carbs (literally. all carbs. not bad carbs though, don't worry.) and every batch is tested so you don't have to worry about tests. Unfortunately... the price is a bit high.

Anyway, as far as muscle recovery, I'm a big fan of ice bathing. It's cold as all get out, but the difference in how your muscles feel the next day is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

I'm 21, 6'2, 205

Any tips??

Just start easy, ramp up, and above all else, BE CONSISTENT. It's hard to make it a habit, but once you do, it feels weird to get off of your working out schedule.

Originally Posted by Thisismyvibe

I'm 21, 6'2, 205

Any tips??

Just start easy, ramp up, and above all else, BE CONSISTENT. It's hard to make it a habit, but once you do, it feels weird to get off of your working out schedule.

Cool man, whats a good beginners workout/cardio regimen?
Haven't been too active lately, little outta shape..

Originally Posted by Thisismyvibe

I'm 21, 6'2, 205

Any tips??

Cool man, whats a good beginners workout/cardio regimen?
Haven't been too active lately, little outta shape..

If you wanted to be REALLY simple, you could just do four days a week, two upper body days, two lower body days. Take a day off between each and you'll be good to go.

I might divide it up like so:

Day 1 (Upper Body)
- Bench Press
- Lying Pull Up
- Shoulder Press
- Lat Pull

Day 2 (Lower Body)
- Squat
- Lunges
- Leg Curl (using a ball or selectorized machine)
- Leg Extension

Day 3 (Upper Body)
- Incline Bench
- Single Arm DB Row
- Bicep Curl (DB or BB)
- Tricep Press Down (or you could substitute "Skullcrushers")

Day 4 (Lower Body)
- Leg Press
- Romanian Deadlift
- Single Leg Squat (work your hips in a way that squats and leg presses can't)
- Deadlift

Now, what you'll notice is that each of those days (this is a hastily created sample, but still) has two exercises that are "positive" type lifts and two exercises that are "negative" type lifts. That is, I tried to arrange things so that after you work one muscle(s), you then work the "opposite" muscle(s). The most obvious example of this is bicep curls-tricep press downs. You might even want to super set those two exercises (one set of curls, one set of press downs, back to curls, so on and so forth).

When you first start, I would go extremely light weight and high reps. Make sure you're getting your form right (look up videos online, you can usually find some good ones). I know a bunch of those lifts (ex: Romanian Deadlifts) can be pretty tough to get a hang of, especially the nuances of the forms, but as you pick them up, you'll be on your way!

Originally Posted by swizzc

before and after pics.... before was 6 months ago 213.5lbs, 17% BF (feb 8, 2011) after was today 197.8 lbs 11.7% BF (aug 7, 2011)

background: i work roughly 70-90 hours a week in ibanking, but have lifted (almost) every morning for the past 6 months at 545am. got kinda fat because i was studying for the gmat on top of work and stopped hitting the gym for a few months in nov, dec & jan of 2010 - 11. started this workout program in feb 11.
workout: did p90x, that lasted me 3 months and then the next 3 months i mixed some p90 workouts with my old college ball lifts
diet: used the p90x diet the whole time
supps: nothing hardcore, just no-xplode b/c it has a lot of caffine and i'd usually be up late the night before b/c of work and whey protien.

2jbuvjn.png
Respect bro...much of it.

I've transformed tremendously since I started working out everyday & doing Insanity 2x a day. Lost 13 pounds in a month
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom