Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I've been paying attention to my macros lately..
I eat A LOT of chicken breast, tuna, egg whites but those are high in protein and not carbs.
My fat content per day is low, I don't know how low but I know for sure I'm not getting enough carbs.

What are some carb dense foods??? I have two shakes a day and that provides 176g. None of the foods I eat seem to contain any carbs though :S
Whole grain pasta, potatoes, whole grain bagels, bread....
Thanks man

I know that eating carbs later at night has potential to be converted to fat since you don't burn it sleeping.
And I'm finding that I have a hard time getting carbs earlier in the day.
Could I eat dinner for breakfast?? Doe this have any obvious issues?
Food is food... you should be able to eat whatever whenever. I think society has conditioned us to think we have to eat certain things at certain times of the day. Cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch etc... I think a lot of people could benefit from eating more in the morning instead of just having empty carbs and caffeine.

Saying that there's a lot people out there who say they can't stomach big meals in the morning... which is just weird to me.

Originally Posted by jdub55

BKmac

Yeah man you should be good with your build and not having taken one before you should see and feel results. How long are your workouts usually?
Around an hour, maybe a few minutes over. It depends if I decide to work out my abs in the gym, or at home (if I'm working out abs at home, I tend to do it a while after my gym workout, not right after).

Thanks for the heads up man. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

BKmac

No Prob man Good stuff you do three sets of everything?.....me myself i ususally am in there for about two hours and do 4 to 5 sets with everything and it works for me. People say oh you don't need to workout for that long, but this way i feel like i am getting the full pump out of whatever muscle group i'm working out.

Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Legs get their own day and Bi's and Tri's get done together and i mix abs in every other day or every other two days

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

lol both of you butchered my name btw

laugh.gif
N#$%@ your name is "Jerry"! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jdub55

BKmac

No Prob man Good stuff you do three sets of everything?.....me myself i ususally am in there for about two hours and do 4 to 5 sets with everything and it works for me. People say oh you don't need to workout for that long, but this way i feel like i am getting the full pump out of whatever muscle group i'm working out.

Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Legs get their own day and Bi's and Tri's get done together and i mix abs in every other day or every other two days
3-4 sets, depending on how I feel that day. I used to do 10-12 reps, depending on the exercise, but I realized last night I may be better off doing more weight with less reps (5-8 reps, depending on exercise), so I'm going to try that out from now on and see how I feel. I figure with the N.O. Explode, I'll be able to put up more weight, and then some, without tiring myself out rather quickly.

Mondays: Shoulders
Tuesdays: Chest/Triceps
Wednesday: Back/Biceps
Thursday: Legs
Friday: (Some form of) Cardio
Saturday/Sunday: (Break)

I tend to do abs every other day though. With the weather getting nicer out, cardio might be more of a constant. I'm not looking to lose weight by any means, but any sort of cardio is good I guess.

To those new taking pre-work out supps like NO explode or jacked or watever else, make sure you guys dont depend on it for your daily training. Most of it is just stimulants and more than likely its caffeine since its so cheap to produce. Your body will quickly adapt to the massive amounts of stims and will have dramatically less impact the longer you use em. Yes, if you've never had one before, your first dose will probably be your best and youll get hooked only to get mad cause you cant get it no more.

Progress update from me:

Nutrition wise: Found some dope Salmon and turkey burgers that are convenient as hell. Ive been eating them daily 2-3 times per day for the last week and still not bored. I also tried a tuna casserole with greek yogurt and low fat cheese, came out good. I made a big batch to last a few days. Water intake is finally getting better, Im using crystal light and some bcaa I got for cheap to get about 1.5 -2 gallons a day. Also food cravings are at my lowest ever.

My meals:

1st- 2/3rds cup of egg whites, 2 slices of wheat bread, half avocado. half grilled tomato. 2 cups of water
2nd - Salmon or turkey patty, mixed greens , 1/2 baked potato mixed with greek yogurt.
3rd - Salmon or turkey patty. one slice of wheat bread. Half avocado.
4th - Flexible meal, Chicken steak...as I crave. Mixed berries.
5th - Shake- with berries, spinach, juice,and skim milk and a scoop of protein.
6th - If I work out late night one cup fat free cottage cheese, honey and light cocoa powder. gatorade.

I try to hit this schedule as best I can. Feels real good and is saving me a ton of money on going out. Keep going BRAHS!

I swear Lance Gross has like 0% Body fat.  I would seriously have to be on a strict Vegan diet to acheive this. 

He and Tim could be brothers tho 
laugh.gif

86244954.jpg

Gonna go very low carbs for the next 2 weeks to cut up a bit. I dont know how people do this crap...I cant even walk straight...bright lights inside of buildings are making me dizzy. I hope to drop 3-4 pounds of water and about 4-5 pounds of fat.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Gonna go very low carbs for the next 2 weeks to cut up a bit. I dont know how people do this crap...I cant even walk straight...bright lights inside of buildings are making me dizzy. I hope to drop 3-4 pounds of water and about 4-5 pounds of fat.
I've been averaging about 30g of carbs a day for the last month, mainly from almonds and protein shakes. It definitely isn't "fun" considering almost everything that tastes good is made up of carbs.

Good luck on the cut.

Originally Posted by Baybully650

I've been averaging about 30g of carbs a day for the last month, mainly from almonds and protein shakes. It definitely isn't "fun" considering almost everything that tastes good is made up of carbs.

Good luck on the cut.
So you aren't eating any direct carb sources?

I plan on eating some oatmeal 1-2 times a day and thats it for carbs. Do you count veggies as carb intake? I plan on eating a ton of brocolli, celery, lettuce, cucumbers, okra, etc. but I'm not gonna count them.

so i play ball almost every other day and the days i dont i run on the treadmill in my apartment complex but i decided to run outside today and my shins were on fire today while running. I just started taking meltdown but I feel like that has nothing to do with it, anyone have any ideas why this might have happened?

Baybully650 wrote:

Good luck on the cut.

Thats not a cut.  Thats a slow-suicide.

So you aren't eating any direct carb sources?

I plan on eating some oatmeal 1-2 times a day and thats it for carbs. Do you count veggies as carb intake? I plan on eating a ton of brocolli, celery, lettuce, cucumbers, okra, etc. but I'm not gonna count them.

Yeah, I'm not taking in any direct carbs during the week. I'll eat broccoli or celery with maybe two meals a day but for the most part I get all my fiber from a fiber supplement and my vitamins from a daily multi. Saturday is usually my carb day where I will basically try and have some carb source with every meal.

I'm tryin to get in shape and I don't know much about working out, I was wondering what would happen/look like if I were to do mainly push ups as a workout? I'm a fairly skinny dude at 165 standin at 5'10.

Baybully650 wrote:

Good luck on the cut.

seriously as long as you're in a caloric deficit you'll lose weight.

Yeah, dude, 180g of carbs a day is a low-carb cutting cycle. 150 is the absolute lowest you should go. Things start shutting down and you will lose a ton of muscle taking in only 30g of carbs a day for a month.

Lol @ "Curtissing"

Baybully650 wrote:

Good luck on the cut.

yup lol
i consume close to 300g of carbs and i still find myself craving! candy helps, but i end up wanting more and more and more and more.

I CAN'T IMAGINE GOING ON 30g OF CARBS A DAY!!!

donuts are my new vice.... serious determent in my quest to lose weight.... feel like a preg women everytime i think about them my mouth waters....

and shin splints from these damn nike frees FTL.

oh and i accidentally damaged my testicles somehow.

dont know if it was from running that 3 mile 2 weeks ago... sticking the dumbells between my legs when i do dips or when i accidentally dropped a 95lb dumbell on my inner thigh...

all i know it this is NOT GOOD.

no need to explain the doctor visit........................

SMH

eyes.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

hopefully this crazy sensitivity goes away soon.

im so damn clumsy.

Back
Top Bottom