STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Switching up my routine this upcoming week, would yall guys recommend:

Kris Gethin's 12 week daily trainer (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html)

My goal as of now is cutting, not so much bulking, but I figured I would ask which one ya'll would do first.

THanks!
I'm doing the 12 weeks plan to get this last 10 or so pounds off. I like it so far, but I follow the lifting schedule more than the actual workouts.

PEEP THE SIG

#REPRESENT

Last edited:
happy birthday bud!

Just got in from the gym, eventful day....I made my chest my *****. Literally beat it like a step child. Got some compliments from the homies, dudes telling me I'm looking bigger, leaner, gassed me up haha. Anddd pulled a nice lil trainer chick that I see in there all the time. We actually had previous history because she shadowed one of my workouts when she was in training to be a trainer and i was working with one of the guys there. So we had a nice lil cordial background. Needless to say...Fitnessyambs>>>>

There's still this other chick I want there too tho, she sales the memberships. She seems like fun. So...you already know.

Switching up my routine this upcoming week, would yall guys recommend:

Kris Gethin's 4 weeks to Maximum Muscle DTP (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-dtp-4-weeks-to-maximum-muscle.html)

or

Kris Gethin's 12 week daily trainer (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html)

My goal as of now is cutting, not so much bulking, but I figured I would ask which one ya'll would do first.

THanks!
Didn't click either link, but I'd say neither. It's good practice to be wary of routines that guarantee results after a few weeks and routines posted on bb.com

Warm up run 8 mins...

20 lbs kettlebell - one handed kettlebell swing (right arm, left arm) then lean forward and do a clock motion with two hands holding the kettle bell. 3 sets of 12 
45 lbs plate - two handed Front Raise (7), Upright row (7), Overhead Press (10) - 3 sets, do not let the plate down while switching
15 lbs Dumbell - Front Raise (7), Lateral Raise (7), Bent Over Deltoid Raise (7), Upright row (7), Shoulder Press (7) - 3 sets, do not let the db down while switching 

Extra

Cleans (5), Military press (8), shrugs (10) - 2 sets
Why are you doing all that isolation metabolic conditioning stuff prior to actually pressing weights above your head?

I`m seeing theres cats bulking at 4000 calories. Wow Must be nice.
Ya it's pretty fun generally. Only downside is it gets expensive. I'm at the activity level and I've fine tuned my tastes such that I can pretty much eat what I want and stay at around maintenance. That is to say that I never want super grimey foods, but if I wanna eat a dark chocolate bar or have a couple beers, no worries, I can go for it.

Lol I mean I don't care about all that healthy crap I'm not gonna eat nothing fried, but I find it impossible to have to eat that much and stay under the "reccomended" sodium and chelostoral levels. There's no way of even telling if most these studies are legit until another 23 generations of people because old school bodybuilders aren't even dead yet and most were on roids so you can't even compare them to your avg joe on a bulk
I wouldn't worry about cholesterol, assuming your sources for it are eggs, dairy, meats.

beginning of the year i was still in my bulk and this thread started to really explode people talking abt eating arnd 2k cals i was bulking at 5k+ and barely gaining any weight while doing no cardio eating a dozen eggs a day, 3 sandwiches and 20 oz of chicken breast daily i recently cut arnd 1k out and dropped 7 lbs this past wk (which im nt really to happy abt but as long as my strength stays the same im cool)
I'm having trouble believing this.

Be careful or the mass gainer police in here will getcha

i wasn't using a mass gainer, i was just making my shakes at home.
the usual recipe of 2 cups of milk, 2 tps of pb, 1 banana, 1 scoop of protein, oats and spinach
about 800 cals and tasted great :smokin

i wasn't using a mass gainer, i was just making my shakes at home.
the usual recipe of 2 cups of milk, 2 tps of pb, 1 banana, 1 scoop of protein, oats and spinach
about 800 cals and tasted great :smokin
This post is making me want to break out the blender. I'd suggest some frozen fruits in there - berries, peaches, etc.

This post is making me want to break out the blender. I'd suggest some frozen fruits in there - berries, peaches, etc.

The one I make now is about 1300 calories
1.5 cups oats
2.5 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons flax
2 scoops protein
1 cup berries

Tastes pretty good actually and helps me hit my high calorie goals.

Its definitely not the most accurate way to measure bodyfat but its a nice way track the trend of where your BF is goin

bought it for $20 couple years ago.. always wanted to try the Hydrostatic or Bod pod.

This is the one I keep seeing online and was thinking about getting. I was curious about accuracy though but I guess for my purposes I'm not looking for anything too expensive or dead on accurate so it might work.

1.5 cups oats
2.5 cups skim milk
3 tablespoons flax
2 scoops protein
1 cup berries

Sounds good. Flaxseeds have phytoestrogens in them if you care about that, though.

Also, why not just go for whole milk if you need the extra cals?

1.5 cups oats
2.5 cups skim milk
3 tablespoons flax
2 scoops protein
1 cup berries

:x this shake is almost as many calories as i eat in a day :lol:

:x this shake is almost as many calories as i eat in a day :lol:

Haha well it's hard for me to gain weight so I have to be a little extreme with my diet. I've gone from 157 to 168 in 8 weeks though so it's working, but sometimes I get so sick of food :lol:

Sounds good. Flaxseeds have phytoestrogens in them if you care about that, though.

Also, why not just go for whole milk if you need the extra cals?

To be honest I don't know, just grabbed skim when I first started and stuck with it. Once I have to ramp up my calories again though I'll probably grab whole. I don't even wanna know how many calories I'm going to have to consume once I get up to 175 or 180.

Had a nice shake before I went in on some shoveling.  Still got a lot left to shovel.  Friggin 28 inches...
mean.gif
  That as well as some calisthenics was my workout for today.  State is pretty much shut down.

12 oz almond milk

1 serving peanut butter

1/4th cup steel cut oats (grounded it up in the magic bullet)

1 1/2 frozen banana

2 strawberries

handful spinach

1/2 scoop whey

Ran two miles today from S. Cobb Drive exit to Bolton Road....That hill is a beast...Cardio for the win

Last edited:
Had a nice shake before I went in on some shoveling.  Still got a lot left to shovel.  Friggin 28 inches... :smh:   That as well as some calisthenics was my workout for today.  State is pretty much shut down.

12 oz almond milk
1 serving peanut butter
1 1/2 frozen banana
2 strawberries
handful spinach
1/2 scoop whey

Listen to this man. Been making this minus the spinach as a breakfast shake and it gets my day going. I add Greek yogurt too. I've alternated between bananas, pineapples, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, and mangos.

Had a nice shake before I went in on some shoveling.  Still got a lot left to shovel.  Friggin 28 inches... :smh:   That as well as some calisthenics was my workout for today.  State is pretty much shut down.

12 oz almond milk
1 serving peanut butter
1 1/2 frozen banana
2 strawberries
handful spinach
1/2 scoop whey

Listen to this man. Been making this minus the spinach as a breakfast shake and it gets my day going. I add Greek yogurt too. I've alternated between bananas, pineapples, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, and mangos.

This is also similar to my shake except I haven't added strawberries in mine. I'm a horrible breakfast eater and the fact that almond milk doesn't spoil like regular milk, I just sip on this throughout the morning. Keeps me satisfied, is nutritious, and lasts the morning while I'm at work.

Haha well it's hard for me to gain weight so I have to be a little extreme with my diet. I've gone from 157 to 168 in 8 weeks though so it's working, but sometimes I get so sick of food :lol:

:lol: i'm sure that shake is good as hell (idk about that spinach though). its just funny to me cause im trying to cut weight right now, so on a good day, i'll eat 1600 calories. i started around 180 and i'm down to 159. its not even that bad but hearing stuff like that just makes me laugh at what im doing.

why only half a scoop of whey? i used to have something similar to that shake but id throw coffee in there in the mornings to just have everything at once lol

1.5 cups oats
2.5 cups skim milk
3 tablespoons flax
2 scoops protein
1 cup berries

I can't do the PB + Fruit in the same smoothie. Other than Banana.

I'm having a tough time gaining weight. I'm seeing noticeable improvements in my strength and muscle size but I'm hardly gaining any weight. I'm trying to eat around 3k-4k calories daily and around 180g of protein. What are some cheap and easy meals/shakes I can throw in to help me gain mass?

Back
Top Bottom