Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

What do you guys think about artifical/natural(stevia) sweetners? Im planning to order from mixes from TP but from the limited research ive done on all of themI dont want to mess with them.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo lurkin or anyone else- i was thinkin of doing a keto diet soon.....any food recommendations? i can't figure out how the hell i'm gonna get 70% of my calories from fat.
I've always wanted to try the Dave Palumbo diet...

http://forum.bodybuilding...showthread.php?t=5899101

I dont think I'd be able to go more than 2 days without carbs though
laugh.gif

I do ab workouts but then I have a horrible diet.. I always think that if I diet I'll lose 2 much muscle and be skinny. Any help on this I really want toget my six pack right.

Also, when I've been to the gym recently after about 20mins i end up puking.. is it because im working my body 2 hard or not breathin right etc?

Ive got a lot of catching up to do here.
laugh.gif

are you guys legit or "rent a buddies"

my boy an I were both asked if we wanted to be trainers at our gym, any young dude in shape can be a trainer (ive seen many trainers who look like they dont even lift or are fat also, i hate these con artist the most), like supplements there is a lot of BS in the industry.

LA Fitness for example.........i know a dude there who didnt know *#$&^#, he was doing membership sales an they kinda forced "being a personal trainer" on him

its like Security.......There are contracted personal fitness companies

this is the first book i read right here ACSM exercise testing and prescription.........gold standard in the industry

after that i got my NASM and ACE cert. and my future goal is to become a nutritionist.....are you guys serious about this or is this just a job for now?

i have some great books on anatomy, physiology and kinesiology.......once you get undersand that you can pass any of these test

i dont care how good you look, when people start to ask you question and you can back up what you say because you know the science behind what you preach, that will make you stand out far greater than other trainers at your gym if youre in one of those BS hourly + commision settings.

I know a dude in Hamden CT who is making BANK..............he goes to homes in 203 (fairfiled county CT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

matter fact here is his website http://www.resultsplus.com/ video on his website

if you take this fitness stuff serious there is def money to be made you dont want 100 clients at some bs gym you just want a strong clientle who have bank. thats where the money is.

husband pays em 250 an hour to train his wife........rate depends on distance and other things.

Im ACE certified, and ive basically read through the entire ACSM book, but have yet to actually get certified through that organization.

LA Fitness has the worst policy with personal trainers. They basically have to walk to gym and try to get you o sign up for sessions while youre working out. Theyre just as bad as used car salesmen. Im fortunate enough where I work to have no restrictions or rules placed on me as to how I obtain my clients. Ivenever walked around the weightroom while people were working out and tried to sell them. When im actually at the gym I try to just be around (the front desk,the membership offices, somewhere visible) but I never approach people while they lift. I would be so put off if someone did that to me so Ill never do it. Ijust like to be visible and approachable. I think its a better way of doing business.

I looked into being a nutritionist, but its a LOT of school. Its like 2-4 years of classes. No different than getting a bachelors degree. Im going to get mymasters in kines. so more education in the nutrion field just isnt worth it for me.

I actually belive that being a trainer is only 20% of how you look. Theres sooo much more to it that most people dont think about.

Depending on the demographics of the area youre training at, you can make some serrrious money. A large factor is where youre living though, which isunfortunate.

is that p90x the truth?
I thought you did P90x?
nerd.gif

also most trainers at these gyms dont go after young guys like us, we dont need help on a damn machine.

they prey on women and older folks

they dont want bodybuilders and athletes............no money in that. keep these people on long term phases, lets keep the billing cycle going

ncaa/pro/celeb/rich counties (location, location, location)

yes cha ching, cha ching.

(durden and panarican, no offense to either of you)

I wouldnt necessarily say "prey", but yeah youve basically got it correct. No offense taken here. The majority of my clients are older individualsor females. Its not even only that theres no money in athletes, etc, its that they already know what theyre doing or are smart enough to figure it out ontheir own if they need to. Its the people who arent accustomed to exercsing that benefit from a trainer. In what it a dumb financial move to me, I typicallytell my clients after a few months that they dont need to meet with me X amount of times a week. I reduce the amount of time I see them and spread theirsessions out over a longer period of time to make sure theyre comprehending what im teaching them.

few other specialty certs. This is actually my career, which is why I know better than to sit here giving out a ton of info online about what to do, how to train. You have to have a little more background on someone before telling them what kind of program to start training with
This is huge. The word "personal" is a important factor in training.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Oh well, F a trainer. That's why we have this thread going!
laugh.gif

also most trainers at these gyms dont go after young guys like us, we dont need help on a damn machine.

they prey on women and older folks

they dont want bodybuilders and athletes............no money in that. keep these people on long term phases, lets keep the billing cycle going

ncaa/pro/celeb/rich counties (location, location, location)

yes cha ching, cha ching.

(durden and panarican, no offense to either of you)
That makes sense. When I was tennis coaching, after talking to some other co-workers, I found out these old folks down in Carmel were paying over100 bucks an hour, for what? Jack %+%$. Old senile people are ideal customers for just about everything.

i have weights downstairs which makes it even easier for me who gets lazy during the summer to do stuff. so this helps me lift cause i see it everyday

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo lurkin or anyone else- i was thinkin of doing a keto diet soon.....any food recommendations? i can't figure out how the hell i'm gonna get 70% of my calories from fat.

I was going to go on a Keto Diet but I just bought $100 of food last week that are pretty moderate in carbs. Also the bad breathe keto diets come with isn'nt what's up
laugh.gif

actually f that i hear carb cycling is better for retaining mass so im gonna do that. i just hate the idea of having to change it up every day and keepingtrack of it but w/e

Originally Posted by af1pops12

1.Are you suppose to eat then workout?
2.How many calories do you have to lose to lose a pound?
I would recommend eating something. I know that I can't work out without eating because I will feel sick.( ---That goes for the guy who saidhe pukes after working out too.)

3500 calories

Originally Posted by af1pops12

1.Are you suppose to eat then workout?
2.How many calories do you have to lose to lose a pound?

1. Yes, although you're suppose to wait about 2-3 hours after you eat before you work out. Also many energy supps only work on an empty stomach + it justfeels better to do my workout on an empty stomach than with anything in it, even a small banana makes me feel ill. 2. 3500 Calories = 1 pound

i've heard conflicting things on eating b4 working out.

on one hand it gives you energy, on the other hand you're probably only burning what you just ate, not what lies beneath that you're trying to get ridof (assuming you're trying to trim down)...

i usually eat a banana and an apple b4 i work out (just so i'm not all light headed), and that's an hour or two after i had 2 bowls of cereal (orsometimes i have egg whites and then a bowl of cereal, if i lifted the day b4)...

absurd.... you eat after you work out, lots of protein to help your body heal. Eating before you work out will just make you want to puke especially if yourein there going IN. I go all natural but some ppl have a shake or something before they go in, or just keep water/gatorate etc close by

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

absurd.... you eat after you work out, lots of protein to help your body heal. Eating before you work out will just make you want to puke especially if youre in there going IN. I go all natural but some ppl have a shake or something before they go in, or just keep water/gatorate etc close by
A lot of lifters have their post work out meal as their biggest meal of the day. Lifters also have a pre work out meal. When I worked out atnight, I would just have a banana, a can of tuna, and whey protein an hour before going to the gym. I never felt like throwing up or full or anything likethat when I'm actually working out and I go in on the treadmill pretty hard.

Back
Top Bottom