Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Didn't know you were supposed to spread them out, maybe?
eyes.gif
This is what I picked up from reading articles and talking to folks who are into lifting. I assume you want to get down from that size 38 pants as soon as possible..so absorb as much knowledge as you can to make things as efficient as possible for you. If you put effort into it, you can go down to a 32-34 within 6 months easy. Right now is the ultimate cutting stage for you, bro. You're going to starve yourself to the max with watermelon and banana, which won't be really helpful either. Especially considering that if you're going to eat that for dinner and your next meal won't be until breakfast of the following day.

I'm trying to understand that if i want immediate results how is drastically cutting my calories not going to help?
1. It's just plain out unhealthy.
2. Eat too few calories a day the body will go into survival mode and start storing extra fat..meaning you're going to gain weight.
3. The key is moderate meals through out the day.

You didn't get fat over night, and you will not be fit over night. You don't want immediate result, well if you want that..you need to go get a liposuction. This is about the long run and living a better lifestyle. You need to be mentally dedicated.

I'm assuming you're above 210 lbs (since that is where I was when I was a sz 36). I started eating moderate meals through out the day and exercise ona regular basis..hell I didn't even lift weight back during the first 6 months. I was able to cut down on average of 10lbs a month while exercising 3-5times a week, for an hour each session.

Another reason to work out on the regular basis...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/101107.php

For those who don't wanna read...

Working Out Regularly Lowers Chemical Stress In The Body Related To Disease And Aging

can anyone help me plan a 5 day lifting routine? I already do about an hour/hour and a half of cardio, but I want to start taking this seriously and lose someweight. pm would be cool, but you can post in this thread.

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

can anyone help me plan a 5 day lifting routine? I already do about an hour/hour and a half of cardio, but I want to start taking this seriously and lose some weight. pm would be cool, but you can post in this thread.
The primary groups you want to work out are triceps, biceps, chest, shoulders, abs, legs, back. It's your call and preference on how youwanna go about it, but I would do...

Day 1...biceps
Day 2...chest
Day 3...back
Day 4...triceps
Day 5....shoulders/legs

I would do abs every other day, so either with Day 1, 3, 5 or Day 2, 4.

The reason I grouped the muscles like that is because the chest will indirectly work out the triceps and back will indirectly work out the biceps..so Ipurposely skipped those work outs so you would have a day of rest in between.

I would aim for 5 different exercises per day, 8-12 reps per set, 5 sets per each exercise.

You may want to do 6 for day 5..so you can do 3 for shoulders and 3 for legs.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

working out is for chumps

go get yourself one of these

p73231.jpg

pimp.gif

also another thing how do my fellow dudes who lift to get big deal with stretch marks? i never get em but recently i noticed i started to get some on both my biceps
alien.gif
theyre barely noticeable but any way to make em look lighter or something?
I was actually thinking about investing in one of these....I know this dude who uses something similar to this when he goes running.

My question is are they that effective...?

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

working out is for chumps

go get yourself one of these

p73231.jpg

pimp.gif

also another thing how do my fellow dudes who lift to get big deal with stretch marks? i never get em but recently i noticed i started to get some on both my biceps
alien.gif
theyre barely noticeable but any way to make em look lighter or something?
I was actually thinking about investing in one of these....I know this dude who uses something similar to this when he goes running.

My question is are they that effective...?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess no
laugh.gif

what can i do without a gym membership? i got a pretty nice exercise bike in my house if that helps

just lifted 2 45s (225lbs) on the bench about 3 times, my motivation is to be able to do 10 of these. I weigh 155 btw

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
It happened again went to the gym started working out about
20mins in head got light and puked in the bathroom...why does this keep happening to me its embarassing
frown.gif
frown.gif

n e advice

Maybe you didn't eat enough during the day.You should eat something before you workout and wait like 45 minutes before you go to the gym.You probably didn't have enough energy to be lifting weights.It's happened to me before as well.

wat foods are high in energy

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
It happened again went to the gym started working out about
20mins in head got light and puked in the bathroom...why does this keep happening to me its embarassing
frown.gif
frown.gif

n e advice

Maybe you didn't eat enough during the day.You should eat something before you workout and wait like 45 minutes before you go to the gym.You probably didn't have enough energy to be lifting weights.It's happened to me before as well.

wat foods are high in energy
You 'energy' primary comes from carb, protein, and fat. A lot of runners and cyclists load up on lots of carb before their long work outsso they don't run out of juice. I personally just have a can of tuna and whey protein before I roll to the gym.

I just got back on an impromptu trip to the gym. I was stressing out studying all day prepping for my cert exam on Friday, and an hour at the gym made mebetter. I guess that article was accurate.
laugh.gif

anyone using jack3d?

also, anyone got any advice on fixing a rotator cuff that's getting a lil' sore every time i do chest?

can someone maybe break down what i'm doing wrong with my diet below, and maybe suggest some stuff, particularly foods to eat in between major meals?

thanx!

Originally Posted by jphonix

Should I cut first or bulk?

I'm actually more interested in losing weight while gaining muscle...Is that possible?

I usually do 30 minutes of cardio in the morning (5 times a week, usually on weekdays) and lift 5 times a week.I'm making good gains but I really need to fix my diet because it's what's holding me back
smh.gif
sounds about like me too man.

i've been doing 200 minutes of cardio per week (mostly the bike in the gym), hitting legs, chest, shoulders, back, and arms, etc.

but i need to tighten up the diet to take it all to the next level...

i'm about to buy some protein bars for one (if someone can recommend some that aren't crazy high in fat, sugar, and carbs, that'd be rad), i know i need to eat more times a day, smaller meals...

right now my daily diet is something like this:

bottle of water, 20 minutes later 2 bowls of kashi cereal, or egg whites and 1 bowl of cereal (and with the milk i drink down my vitamins and stuff).

2 hours later i have a banana and an apple.

then i work out, and have a protein shake afterwards with about 40 grams of protein.

then as soon as possible i have something like 2 chicken breasts and mixed veggies, or 2 chicken breasts in a salad with some lite dressing.

then about 3 hours later, b4 bed, i have another chicken breast or two and a protein shake and go to bed.

all while drinking plenty of water all day (especially at the gym).

i think it's obvious i'm not eating enough, i need to have something in between those meals.

never messed with cottage cheese, always heard it's not very pleasant. i've also heard about people eating peanut butter b4 bed, something about it making you burn calories while you sleep because it's hard work for your body to break it down. but does it need to be low fat peanut butter or something?

anyone using jack3d?
everybody is effected different with this product and many others in its category, so youre ALWAYS gonna have a wide range of opinions.

did nothin for me but sweat a lot, far from the best.

Originally Posted by TJM254

what can i do without a gym membership? i got a pretty nice exercise bike in my house if that helps

anyone got some help for me? im looking to take off as much weight as possible

anyone got some help for me? im looking to take off as much weight as possible

There are plenty of things you can do without gym membership or weights,e specially if you are just looking to lose pounds.
Diet, diet, diet is key along with cardio and you'd lose some weight.
Hell, switching from regular soda to diet made me lose about 10 lbs in a month or two.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

anyone using jack3d?
everybody is effected different with this product and many others in its category, so youre ALWAYS gonna have a wide range of opinions.

did nothin for me but sweat a lot, far from the best.
recommend something better then?

Jphonix - Do you know what Ys,Ts, Ws are? Go for shoulder prehab. Also wall slides. My real advice would be to stop doing bench and stop lifting shoulders. Ifan exercise is bothering you it is generally a good idea to stop doing it. An exercise that really helped my shoulder was seated rows. I was having troublingbenching, and using all things desrcibed above I have worked my shoulders healthy.

Also if you want to get to the next level try interval work for your cardio. Steady state cardio sucks. Run sprints or sprint on the bike for 20 sec with 10sec rest.

A great website for all, absolutely a ton of information for all levels. Take some time and read the archived articles. The best in the business, Mike Boyle,Dave Tate, Mike Robertson, Eric Cressey, etc.

http://www.tmuscle.com/index.jsp

Originally Posted by baller1579

Jphonix - Do you know what Ys,Ts, Ws are? Go for shoulder prehab. Also wall slides. My real advice would be to stop doing bench and stop lifting shoulders. If an exercise is bothering you generally a good idea to stop. An exercise that really helped my shoulder was seated rows. I was having troubling benching and using all things desrcibed above I have worked my shoulders healthy.

Also if you want to get to the next level try interval wok for your cardio. Steady state cardio sucks. Run sprints or sprint ont he bike for 20 sec with 10 sex rest.

A great website for all, absolutely a ton of information for all levels. Take some time and read the archived articles. The best in the business, Mike Boyle, Dave Tate, Mike Robertson, Eric Cressey, etc.

http://www.tmuscle.com/index.jsp
nice man, thanx.

i looked up the y, t, w's, and wall slides, and will be trying those at the gym today! i usually do seated rows when i do back, but i might throw those inmore often.

i'm also gonna skip bench this week, and just lighten up the weight in general and go for more reps instead of heavy weight.

just wanna avoid this shoulder issue getting out of hand.

as for cardio, when i do the bike, i set it to random, level 12 - 14. so it changes intensity very frequently. that's what you're talking about, right?i definitely go faster and slow it down in intervals like that.

Back
Top Bottom