System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Got these in today from Eastbay
pimp.gif
.. Very light, love em.

291ffqg.jpg

^Nice shorts man. Do the butlers have a number on the other leg? And are they the same material as all the new hyperelites.

Nah, no number on the side because they're not Game Issued.

They do have the same material as the Duke shorts pictured which are HyperElites.

They don't have the NCAA patch on them either like the Duke's but that's minor. They're solid.

Will somebody school me on the different shorts? What is the difference between all the shorts? The Twill Shorts, Pre-Game Shorts, Replica Shorts and the Skin Deep Shorts. And what are the "authentic" shorts? How does each short feel and what is the sizing on all of them? Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions....

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Got these in today from Eastbay
pimp.gif
.. Very light, love em.

291ffqg.jpg

im jealous! mos def need to be gettin those duke shorts lol soon tho! gotta get my team unis 1st, one of which will look jus like duke haha but one day ill be gettin both white and blue hyper elite. already got all 3 twill

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

They don't have the NCAA patch on them either like the Duke's but that's minor.  
Butler's real game uniforms don't have the NCAA patch either.

I ordered the UNC "March Madness" to replace my SOD ones. I will post pics when they come in. I really like those Butler short but my OCD won't allow for only one colorway. I have to have Home and Away. So until they have both I cannot buy them or I would drive myself crazy trying to find the white, home shorts. FML

Originally Posted by haam sap lao

Will somebody school me on the different shorts? What is the difference between all the shorts? The Twill Shorts, Pre-Game Shorts, Replica Shorts and the Skin Deep Shorts. And what are the "authentic" shorts? How does each short feel and what is the sizing on all of them? Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions....
twill shorts are worn in the game by NCAA teams, have no pockets. lightest and are more detailed with checkers and holes. Most expensive shorts @ $60.
skin deeps are more casual "fan" shorts and the material is old tech and definitely heavier than twill shorts.
pre game shorts are new, somewhat light and have pockets.
Not sure about replica shorts, but I kinda want them.

Originally Posted by jordanfreak23

I ordered the UNC "March Madness" to replace my SOD ones. I will post pics when they come in. I really like those Butler short but my OCD won't allow for only one colorway. I have to have Home and Away. So until they have both I cannot buy them or I would drive myself crazy trying to find the white, home shorts. FML
haha i know what you mean bruh. i damn near want a pair of shoes for every pair of shorts or at least school i get. and i feel that way about duke shorts, like i have to get them all lol

Eastbay Rep,

What are the inseams of the new March Madness shorts in size S and M. Looking for ones with a reasonable inseam. I don't understand why Nike can't make a shorter inseam for sizes S and M. How many size smalls and mediums are 6'5?

I have to say that my verdict is in on SOD vs Hyperelite shorts and I definetly prefer the SOD versions. I bought a hyperelite to try it out and it just feels cheap and flimsy. I didnt want to pass judgement without having tried a pair, but for me it's SOD all the way. I gave the hyperelite pair to my brother.

Originally Posted by SERVEist

Eastbay Rep,

What are the inseams of the new March Madness shorts in size S and M. Looking for ones with a reasonable inseam. I don't understand why Nike can't make a shorter inseam for sizes S and M. How many size smalls and mediums are 6'5?
According to my contact, most of the L sized shorts have a 25.0" outseam and the inseam runs from 12-13".  As for the S and M sizes, my contact said if there is any variance between those sizes to a L, it would be in the area of 0.5" to 1.0" on the inseam/outseam per size.  If you want us to check on certain shorts, you will need to let us know which ones you want us to check on.

Originally Posted by prestigetgs

Hey Ray, I have Product #: 29310521 USC | Varsity Crimson Nike NCAA Twill Shorts in medium and the length fits perfect for me.  I am wondering what size in the following items is similar in length.  The items I am interested in are:

Product #: 97850442 adidas Replica Basketball Short Notre Dame White

Product #: 97850595 adidas Replica Basketball Short Texas A&M | Maroon

Product #: 97850095 adidas Replica Basketball Short Cincinnati | Black

Product #: 97850575 adidas Replica Basketball Short  Tennessee | Orange

Product #: 97850332 adidas Replica Basketball Short Michigan | White

Product #: 97850335 adidas Replica Basketball Short Michigan | Navy

Thank you very much
I am still waiting on a reply for this.

EastbayRep - Ray

So that's the same deal as the Xavier shorts in terms of no holes but the HE material.  Cool.

I just ordered the SOD UNC aways that were $30 on Eastbay.  Been waiting for a couple of years to pull the trigger on those, glad I finally got them for cheap.

Afew SOD's that came in from footaction that were on sale, love the detail to the Illinois pair, love the colored waistband. Of course had to go with Memphis! 2 pair florida's and michigan state.

206438_1821022359994_1073236538_32043435_2960779_n.jpg

Hey Ray, I have Product #: 29310521 USC | Varsity Crimson Nike NCAA Twill Shorts in medium and the length fits perfect for me.  I am wondering what size in the following items is similar in length.  The items I am interested in are:

Thank you very much
I finally got a reply back and was told that the longest outseam these adidas shorts have is 23" in a size XXL.  For each size you go down, the outseam goes down an inch, so an XL is 22" long, a L is 21" long and so on.  All of these shorts come with a 10" inseam.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Thank you very much
I finally got a reply back and was told that the longest outseam these adidas shorts have is 23" in a size XXL.  For each size you go down, the outseam goes down an inch, so an XL is 22" long, a L is 21" long and so on.  All of these shorts come with a 10" inseam.

EastbayRep - Ray
TY Ray

Originally Posted by Mattapan03

I have to say that my verdict is in on SOD vs Hyperelite shorts and I definetly prefer the SOD versions. I bought a hyperelite to try it out and it just feels cheap and flimsy. I didnt want to pass judgement without having tried a pair, but for me it's SOD all the way. I gave the hyperelite pair to my brother.

c/s for the most part but Nike did hit a few HEs out of the park.  Really like the Gtown, Cuse and Duke ones.  Nike needs to bring back the real waistbands from back in the day like they have with the Hoya & Cuse Hyperelites.  The waistbands were probably my biggest complaints with the SODs (both twill and team-issued).  Those few I mentioned don't feel as cheap as most of the other models.  It was funny when I was in the 57th St Niketown the other week and they had a bunch of shorts on display and you could see a big difference IMO between the Cuse & Duke HEs compared to the UConn ones.

The biggest problem I have with the HEs is that they feel cheap as you said and a lot of the designs are way too plain and this is coming from someone who generally loves simple, classic uniforms.  The duds are MAJOR duds when it comes to the Hyperelites IMO.  UConn, Michigan State, Texas, Pitt and WVU are some of the HEs that I think are absolutely terrible.

Anyway, when it comes to twills it's SOD > HE easily for me.  I mentioned it earlier in the thread but the HEs simply do not feel like $60 shorts to me.

It will be interesting to see where Nike goes from here.  The SOD era was very short, I wonder if HE is the new standard for the next decade-plus.

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Originally Posted by haam sap lao

twill shorts are worn in the game by NCAA teams, have no pockets. lightest and are more detailed with checkers and holes. Most expensive shorts @ $60.
skin deeps are more casual "fan" shorts and the material is old tech and definitely heavier than twill shorts.
pre game shorts are new, somewhat light and have pockets.
Not sure about replica shorts, but I kinda want them.
Thanks a lot.

I bought a UCONN home a couple months back ($60 bucks from eastbay). Anyways, I got some small stains on them near the navy blue siding.. and this soap that I use (at full strength) which has been known to get out all sorts of stains started to bleed the navy blue onto the white...

Watch out how wash these new shorts.. Some of the accent pieces feel like they are painted on and very fragile. Anyone else have this problem?

this is where my lot stands.  The Indiana's are replicas and my first pair of authentics/embroidereds were the Santa Clara's when they retroed Nash's and Kidd's college unis.  The AZ's are my favorite...just still not sure on the Hyper Elite's.  I love how light they are but I always seem to play better in the thicker twill shorts.  
396044289.jpg

nice collection. i gotta wash my k state shorts cus i had a game a couple days ago...but when i was em ill post mines

Back
Top Bottom