Taxi 12's - December '13

Good to know, so it's supposed to be lizard/reptile skin. Never knew that.

It would have been nice if it was just on the black part, and the white was smooth soft leather. I know it would be reinventing a classic which shouldn't be messed with. But, I feel like it really noticeable and rather stick to Jordan's that don't have those issues.

welp...
i4onNtEA0n4dR.gif

Anybody know if there's a youtube video of the gif? If so, what is it called?

It would have been nice if it was just on the black part, and the white was smooth soft leather. I know it would be reinventing a classic which shouldn't be messed with. But, I feel like it really noticeable and rather stick to Jordan's that don't have those issues.

It is only on the black part? The white is tumbled leather.

Well, actually, to be honest with you rapcoz2134 rapcoz2134 I've never seen a pair of Taxi's in my life. At least, not like today. I've only seen them in game during Bulls games and commercials. But, my parents could never afford a pair of Jordans growing up so I've never seen a lot of the retro's in person. This is my first time seeing and noticing the reptilian leather all over the shoe. I'd love to be able to double up, to wear one and keep one in my collection especially with these being classics. But, I can't afford to double or buy shoes I probably won't wear due to that reptilian leather all over turning me off.

I know nobody knows how these fit yet, but based on past retro 12s would you guys say these run true to size or big?

I wear a size 10 in 11s and 13s btw. Thanks 

I know nobody knows how these fit yet, but based on past retro 12s would you guys say these run true to size or big?

I wear a size 10 in 11s and 13s btw. Thanks 
The Playoffs that dropped earlier this year (or last year? whenever it was) fit HUGE...half size big at least, if not a full size.

Just look up DeMarcus Thomas and Chris Paul or Isaiah Thomas. It happen last week.

Thanks man, I just looked it up and I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me of when I watched the movie with Bow Wow called "Like Mike" and Bow Wow was trying to say hi and get autographs from all the famous NBA players.

Most areas are different bro. Like my FTL & FA do a ticket sign up that guarantees your pair on RD. But since the Laneys dropped, they changed it so if you already signed up for a pair at either store you couldn't go to both. I spoke to the DM last week about it and he said its most likely gonna stay that way for this release because of this group of peeps that comes and invites anyone they can to pick up pairs for them to resell. They typically do their ticket process on Wednesdays or Thursdays, but it can be even sooner depending on when they receive all their pairs from UPS. Now Champs does a raffle here, and they do the signup for that from Tuesday to Thursday & call winners on Friday. If they don't know yet, I'd give them a call at the end of the week and see if they have any new info.
Hmm, that's interesting.  Thanks for the heads up on the limit. 

I am still baffled why people bother with tickets and all that BS, where online is almost guaranteed cop, especially on GR's.
Not for me.  The last online release I was able to get was the All-Star Barkleyposites.  Since then, every other release that I wanted, I was unable to get.  It's mind boggling to see how difficult it is to get shoes nowadays.

Whatsup NT fam gotta questiin would you guys pay 210 bucks for some taxis my friend can snag me a pair on RD stress free for me I don't have to camp out or need the hassle of a release on RD or go out so I'm basically giving him 40 extra above retail so I don't gotta go thru it

My cousin is a manager at FTL so he always makes sure my raffle ticket is picked so I gott a pair on lock already I just wantedbto double up 40 above ain't nothin really

Whatsup NT fam gotta questiin would you guys pay 210 bucks for some taxis my friend can snag me a pair on RD stress free for me I don't have to camp out or need the hassle of a release on RD or go out so I'm basically giving him 40 extra above retail so I don't gotta go thru it

My cousin is a manager at FTL so he always makes sure my raffle ticket is picked so I gott a pair on lock already I just wantedbto double up 40 above ain't nothin really

Well, if you want to double up and don't think there's any other way to get a second pair at retail and you don't mind paying $40 extra then go ahead it's your money. It'll probably be cheaper than what the resale price will be anyway. But if you can get a raffle ticket pay retail, and get a raffle ticket from other stores or online I'd try that as well.

EDIT: I didn't even realize I was replying to you bro lol I just clicked reply and said what I said.

Last edited:
I've been noticing that jordan brand sizing seems to shift almost on a yearly basis (at least for me). Metallic V's fit huge compared to the same size in the black grape V. Not sure now what to get size wise in these. I have obsidians but I am sure these will run smaller than those as I felt those ran a tad big.

Well, if you want to double up and don't think there's any other way to get a second pair at retail and you don't mind paying $40 extra then go ahead it's your money. It'll probably be cheaper than what the resale price will be anyway. But if you can get a raffle ticket pay retail, and get a raffle ticket from other stores or online I'd try that as well.

EDIT: I didn't even realize I was replying to you bro lol I just clicked reply and said what I said.
With tax its round 180 and maybe more on some sites with shipping so thats only $30 or $20 extra technically

Well, actually, to be honest with you rapcoz2134 rapcoz2134 I've never seen a pair of Taxi's in my life. At least, not like today. I've only seen them in game during Bulls games and commercials. But, my parents could never afford a pair of Jordans growing up so I've never seen a lot of the retro's in person. This is my first time seeing and noticing the reptilian leather all over the shoe. I'd love to be able to double up, to wear one and keep one in my collection especially with these being classics. But, I can't afford to double or buy shoes I probably won't wear due to that reptilian leather all over turning me off.

:smh: Dude the white part is tumbled leather.

12's run a .5 size big.
I'm a 8.0 in these instead of 8.5, my 11's are a 8.5 though.
If you have the luxury make sure you try them on.

I see the rsvp's seem to be still available on some sites. Hopefully that means a simple enough cop online.

Back
Top Bottom